Soccer The Manchester United SUPER Thread

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
fked if i know what im going to do

mobile and internet is with telstra and as if im changing to sloptus there service is shit house

a good mate of mine is with optus im going to check out the fetch mini which is $5 a month, if not i'll vpn it
Can we live stream the games?

jmaamary

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What's the news on LVG sacking? Please tell me we will have better coach/staff/players next season
Depending on what you read and where current situation is

Mourinho has signed and recruiting already

Mourinho has a gentlemens agreement with United

Dutch Hasler is staying another year (find it hard to believe)

Ed Woodward is talking to Blanc

Take your pick lol

The Greatest

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Depending on what you read and where current situation is

Mourinho has signed and recruiting already

Mourinho has a gentlemens agreement with United

Dutch Hasler is staying another year (find it hard to believe)

Ed Woodward is talking to Blanc

Take your pick lol
I'll take all except number 3

jmaamary

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dutch Hasler at least takes his wallet out, not like Jewi, I mean French Hasler.
Apparently they carbon dated the dust from his wallet ... It broke the machine because it couldn't read back before the prehistoric age

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
What's the news on LVG sacking? Please tell me we will have better coach/staff/players next season
Hey TG, been a while since you've been around here haha so how have you been?

Anyways, from what I've read through a period of around roughly 3-4 months, Mourinho will be appointed manager of Manchester United ahead of next season

Nothing has been signed, as I believe anything that may affect the share prices must be disclosed to the public since we're listed on the stock market

Mourinho has had several offers to return back to management but has politely declined them all (incl. Real Madrid & PSG)

Jorge Mendes, the super agent in football is also Mourinho's agent, so there's already been work done behind the scenes regarding possible signings

Off the top of my head, Mendes is currently shopping around Andre Gomes from Valencia and James Rodriguez who seems to be headed for the exit door after falling out of favour at Real Madrid (would love Rodriguez, he'd walk into any starting line up in the Premier League)

Of course nothing is set in stone, ultimately the board has the final say on whether or not they'll terminate LvG's contract once the season is up but my understanding from various reliable sources is that Mourinho will be in the Old Trafford dugout come next season - if anything changes regarding the mangerial situation, I'll let you know

P.S. Sir Alex, Sir Bobby and David Gill are non-executive board members - meaning, they have no real power to act (e.g. if they wanted to fire LvG), they are merely advisor's as the Glazers and Woodward have final say on decisions

The Greatest

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey TG, been a while since you've been around here haha so how have you been?

Anyways, from what I've read through a period of around roughly 3-4 months, Mourinho will be appointed manager of Manchester United ahead of next season

Nothing has been signed, as I believe anything that may affect the share prices must be disclosed to the public since we're listed on the stock market

Mourinho has had several offers to return back to management but has politely declined them all (incl. Real Madrid & PSG)

Jorge Mendes, the super agent in football is also Mourinho's agent, so there's already been work done behind the scenes regarding possible signings

Off the top of my head, Mendes is currently shopping around Andre Gomes from Valencia and James Rodriguez who seems to be headed for the exit door after falling out of favour at Real Madrid (would love Rodriguez, he'd walk into any starting line up in the Premier League)

Of course nothing is set in stone, ultimately the board has the final say on whether or not they'll terminate LvG's contract once the season is up but my understanding from various reliable sources is that Mourinho will be in the Old Trafford dugout come next season - if anything changes regarding the mangerial situation, I'll let you know

P.S. Sir Alex, Sir Bobby and David Gill are non-executive board members - meaning, they have no real power to act (e.g. if they wanted to fire LvG), they are merely advisor's as the Glazers and Woodward have final say on decisions
I have been good man, Just busy with work.. And about to get engaged as well. how about you?

I really hope what you're saying eventuate, this season was depressing for me..

Thanks for the update man, I haven't had the time to follow up on it, but i don't need to when we have you around here. love reading your posts and updates mate.

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
I have been good man, Just busy with work.. And about to get engaged as well. how about you?

I really hope what you're saying eventuate, this season was depressing for me..

Thanks for the update man, I haven't had the time to follow up on it, but i don't need to when we have you around here. love reading your posts and updates mate.
That's good to hear and congrats for the impending engagement, yeah not too bad myself just been busy with uni etc, don't post as often these days on The Kennel so I haven't really done any sort of update regarding Man United news in months haha

Yeah I hope so too, all signs point to LvG stepping down at the end of the season (probably via the whole 'mutual' consent thing) and I'm disappointed LvG hasn't been the success I hoped he was going to be, he has done a lot of work behind the scenes in regards to laying down vital foundations for future success and I have no doubts that we will in the near future reap the benefits of LvG's behind the scenes work (look at Barcelona and Bayern Munich, both have credit their current success down to LvG)

Basically the best way I can explain LvG is that if you wanted to build a house from scratch then you'd hire LvG because he's going to lay down solid foundations for you to build upon, whilst it's in construction, everything's going to look messy and you'd probably start doubting his methods but once it's completed, you'll be able to stand back and marvel at the completed project and that's how I view LvG, he has done all he can do, now it's time for us to hire somebody else to build upon his work - you'd hire LvG to build your house, lay down the foundations etc but you wouldn't hire him to decorate it because he's going to disappoint you (e.g. playing style)

Also another fairly important update regarding Manchester United is that we're currently in the process of trying to steal Atletico Madrid's technical director, Andrea Berta, to become our Director of Football at Manchester United - what this would mean is that Woodward will then be tasked with just handling all the business side of the club (e.g. commercial deals etc) and Berta would handle all the football aspect of the club (e.g. transfers, future managers etc) - Berta has played a big role in Atletico Madrid's rise to success in recent years so this would be a massive coup for the club if we can pull it off (Atletico Madrid are already looking at possible replacements for Berta so I'd say there's a good chance of this happening)

So there's currently a lot happening behind the scenes at the club but all of which is necessary for us if we want to achieve future success

Last edited:

The Greatest

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's good to hear and congrats for the impending engagement, yeah not too bad myself just been busy with uni etc, don't post as often these days on The Kennel so I haven't really done any sort of update regarding Man United news in months haha

Yeah I hope so too, all signs point to LvG stepping down at the end of the season (probably via the whole 'mutual' consent thing) and I'm disappointed LvG hasn't been the success I hoped he was going to be, he has done a lot of work behind the scenes in regards to laying down vital foundations for future success and I have no doubts that we will in the near future reap the benefits of LvG's behind the scenes work (look at Barcelona and Bayern Munich, both have credit their current success down to LvG)

Basically the best way I can explain LvG is that if you wanted to build a house from scratch then you'd hire LvG because he's going to lay down solid foundations for you to build upon, whilst it's in construction, everything's going to look messy and you'd probably start doubting his methods but once it's completed, you'll be able to stand back and marvel at the completed project and that's how I view LvG, he has done all he can do, now it's time for us to hire somebody else to build upon his work - you'd hire LvG to build your house, lay down the foundations etc but you wouldn't hire him to decorate it because he's going to disappoint you (e.g. playing style)

Also another fairly important update regarding Manchester United is that we're currently in the process of trying to steal Atletico Madrid's technical director, Andrea Berta, to become our Director of Football at Manchester United - what this would mean is that Woodward will then be tasked with just handling all the business side of the club (e.g. commercial deals etc) and Berta would handle all the football aspect of the club (e.g. transfers, future managers etc) - Berta has played a big role in Atletico Madrid's rise to success in recent years so this would be a massive coup for the club if we can pull it off (Atletico Madrid are already looking at possible replacements for Berta so I'd say there's a good chance of this happening)

So there's currently a lot happening behind the scenes at the club but all of which is necessary for us if we want to achieve future success
Thanks for the update bud...

Any truth to the rumour in the Sun? It says that the Woodward asked Mourinho to take 1 year off until LVG contract expires?

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score

Any truth to the rumour in the Sun? It says that the Woodward asked Mourinho to take 1 year off until LVG contract expires?
the sun is shite, the only thing good about it was page 3

jmaamary

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

You belong on this thread ... I see you more on the Scouser thread these days [emoji12][emoji12]

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score

All I can say is that I wouldn't use their newspaper to wipe my ass.. it's the lowest of the low in terms of reliability, they throw shit at a wall and see what sticks and then run with it as their headline story for football rumours

Also, Mourinho has already commented that he will definitely be starting his next managerial job come June/July (thereabouts), did not specifically mention what team he would be at but he's already focused on his next job and will definitely not take a sabbatical from management for next season

Basically, he's ours to lose.. he's waiting for the job, all we have to do is give it to him

You belong on this thread ... I see you more on the Scouser thread these days [emoji12][emoji12]
Haha don't worry, I'm here to stay!

Will be posting more updates regarding the club whenever I have the time to do so

chris_e_fresh

The Virtual One
Reaction score
alot of articles re: :lvg's payout figures on twitter today

something is happening

jmaamary

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
have fun with wedding plans in going through it at the moment
You poor bastards. I got married 4 years ago. I do not envy you boys at the moment. Only piece of advice is don't offer an opinion just ask how much and pay

jmaamary

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
BTW thoughts on the announcement by Foxtel regarding the 3 dedicated football channels .... Basically 24 hour MUFC channel but the games will be shown delayed by about 12 hours.