Soccer The Manchester United SUPER Thread

DoggiesUtd

ps3- DoggiesUtd
Reaction score
fyi all preseason ICC matches are live on optussport and some on GEM...i have fetch tv and curious to see how it works tomorrow night... so i will test it out...but for those who dont have it...the United games are on GEM as per below -

Friday, July 22 at 10:00pm GEM
Manchester United v Borussia Dortmund
Shanghai Stadium, China

Saturday, July 23 at 6:30pm GEM/Ch9**
Melbourne Victory v Juventus
(2016 International Champions Cup Australia)
MCG

Monday, July 25 at 9:30pm GEM
Manchester City v Manchester United
Birds Nest, Beijing, China

Tuesday, July 26 at 7:30pm GEM
Juventus v Tottenham Hotspur
MCG

Thursday, July 28 at 9:30pm GEM
Borussia Dortmund v Manchester City
Longgang Stadium, Shenzhen, China

Friday, July 29 at 7:30pm GEM/GO!**
Tottenham Hotspur v Atletico de Madrid
MCG

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
Not sold on him

He stats don't warrant his price tag
Have seen you say you're not sold on Mourinho, Ibrahimovic and now Pogba..

Going by that, you wouldn't have been sold on Martial's transfer last season judging his stats at Monaco

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies and statistics" - Benjamin Disraeli

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
Astonishing to think there's even some arguments against signing Pogba..

Pogba is 23 at the moment, the club knows what it's doing in terms of spending £100m+ on a player, we're buying Pogba with the view that he fulfils his ridiculous sky high potential and stays for the next 10 years and in which case if that happens, the transfer has paid for itself and you have in your hands a truly world class midfielder - who not to mention has already been nominated on the Ballon d'Or shortlist while still years away from entering his peak

Even if Pogba doesn't finish his career with us, say he leaves after 3 - 5 years for Barcelona or Real Madrid, the club can easily make back the money it spent on Pogba in any future transfer fees

Is it a lot of money? Yes

Does the club make a lot of money? Fuck yes

So I ask, what's the point of the club making all this money if it isn't going to reinvest it back into the squad..

There's two ways of looking at it:
1) Reinvest the money the club makes to better the squad
or​
2) Do nothing and let the Glazers put the money in their back pockets like they have done for years​

I know which option I'd prefer.. imagine somebody buying you a super car but you're more worried about how much it costs and what everybody else is saying about it

Remember Real Madrid spending £80m on Ronaldo? Looking back at it now, you can say the transfer fee was a fucking bargain for Real Madrid seeing Ronaldo go on to achieve everything he has for them

There's a reason why I don't post as often as I once did in this thread anymore.. some of the things posted here makes me shake my head

Anyways, the transfer for Pogba is practically done with just a few minor details to sort out before the clubs can announce the deal

Last edited:

DoggiesUtd

ps3- DoggiesUtd
Reaction score
completely agree Sonny...
cant understand the fuss of people complaining they dont want him at that price...
if your a United fan..you want him at ANY price for all the reasons you just stated...
cant wait til its announced....just give us the TITLE now lol!!
was going to order a Zlatan jersey...but this changes everything...might even buy myself 2 now :grinning:

jmaamary

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Pogba is 23 at the moment, the club knows what it's doing in terms of spending £100m+ on a player, we're buying Pogba with the view that he fulfils his ridiculous sky high potential and stays for the next 10 years and in which case if that happens, the transfer has paid for itself and you have in your hands a truly world class midfielder - who not to mention has already been nominated on the Ballon d'Or shortlist while still years away from entering his peak

Even if Pogba doesn't finish his career with us, say he leaves after 3 - 5 years for Barcelona or Real Madrid, the club can easily make back the money it spent on Pogba in any future transfer fees

So I ask, what's the point of the club making all this money if it isn't going to reinvest it back into the squad..

or​
2) Do nothing and let the Glazers put the money in their back pockets like they have done for years​

I know which option I'd prefer.. imagine somebody buying you a super car but you're more worried about how much it costs and what everybody else is saying about it

Remember Real Madrid spending £80m on Ronaldo? Looking back at it now, you can say the transfer fee was a fucking bargain for Real Madrid seeing Ronaldo go on to achieve everything he has for them

There's a reason why I don't post as often as I once did in this thread anymore.. some of the things posted here makes me shake my head

Anyways, the transfer for Pogba is practically done with just a few minor details to sort out before the clubs can announce the deal
I how you're right and think he has unbelievable potential the only thing that irks me is that we were not his first choice, Real Madrid was. I hope this doesn't go the way of that snake who is at PSG (not going to repeat his name). That's my only issue. If he really wants to be at United, il roll out the carpet myself and will be very happy to be wrong about all this

DoggiesUtd

ps3- DoggiesUtd
Reaction score
hes not a snake like he who must not be named...
plus he is loads better and will be able to match it with the best in the EPL!
even if he does go to madrid eventually (it wont be for at least 4-5 yrs i reckon) and we will prob get 200mil for him by that stage the way prices are these days.... never fear Pogbas almost here!

chris_e_fresh

The Virtual One
Reaction score
Have seen you say you're not sold on Mourinho, Ibrahimovic and now Pogba..

Going by that, you wouldn't have been sold on Martial's transfer last
I'll judge martial on his second season
Zlatan is 35 and for free only payin his wage
Pogba at 100 mil I'm not sold
And Jose who knows

I just think there are better midfielders out there for the price pogba is

Let's wait and see

As long as we don't play shit boring football I'll be happy

chris_e_fresh

The Virtual One
Reaction score
How are you boys watching the EPL this year? I'm waiting for a mate to order me a fetch mini and I'll stream it

DoggiesUtd

ps3- DoggiesUtd
Reaction score
How are you boys watching the EPL this year? I'm waiting for a mate to order me a fetch mini and I'll stream it
i have optus broadband so got optus to send me a fetch tv box for free and hooked it up last night...
took a while but seemed to work well... the channel is working and it was HD...maybe not as crisp as Foxtel...but it will do...
curious to see how it works tonight for our preseason game against Dortmund!

chris_e_fresh

The Virtual One
Reaction score
Spewing I couldn't see my two fav teams play

United got smashed did anyone watch the game

DoggiesUtd

ps3- DoggiesUtd
Reaction score
I watched 2nd half...
Most of those whom played will just be squad players or sold...
Rojo being the main one
Jones not much better

chris_e_fresh

The Virtual One
Reaction score
I watched 2nd half...
Most of those whom played will just be squad players or sold...
Rojo being the main one
Jones not much better
Still need good squad players
Rojo got turned inside out
I can't believe he let verela go out on loan

DoggiesUtd

ps3- DoggiesUtd
Reaction score
Still need good squad players
Rojo got turned inside out
I can't believe he let verela go out on loan
to be fair there is not probably space for Varela, specially if we get another quality defender in...
we have to let some go if we are investing in other positions...
still waiting on Pogba announcement.... have a bad feeling about it now tbh...

korrmatta1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

or​

I agree with everything you say always have always will. Keep posting sonny I love you lol

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
Not too fussed regarding the result of the pre-season match against Borussia Dortmund, was more interested in how Mourinho wanted the players to play

It was our 2nd pre-season match whereas it was Dortmund's 5th so there's already a huge difference in terms of fitness and adapting to the conditions etc

Remember our pre-seasons under LvG? We beat Real Madrid one year and Barcelona the following year yet look at how we performed once the season actually started.. pre-seasons are nothing more than glorified training sessions for the players

Also, not fussed about Varela being loaned out or if he's eventually sold since he's 23 so he's not exactly a young prospect anymore and his primary position is a fullback yet he can't fucking defend to save his life.. already has Darmian and Valencia ahead of him for the position plus Fosu-Mensah can also cover that position if needed