Soccer The Manchester United SUPER Thread

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
the English pundits were really poor towards Rangnick... proclaimed him unworthy to start with and couldn't wait to label him a failure when there was no turnaround in United's form
Apparently he was very concerned about the going ons behind the scenes, wanted to clean it up
Now his gone…….
Back to same shit at the top

Nothing will change until that changes, they say clean it out from top to bottom
I think only the top needs cleaning out

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Apparently he was very concerned about the going ons behind the scenes, wanted to clean it up
Now his gone…….

Nothing will change until that changes, they say clean it out from top to bottom
there is something rotten at Old Trafford but I think and hope Ten Hag is the right choice

jmaamary

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now his gone…….

Yeah but some of the things he has said have been very damning … yeah he is gone now but they have well and truly been exposed

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
the English pundits were really poor towards Rangnick... proclaimed him unworthy to start with and couldn't wait to label him a failure when there was no turnaround in United's form
Rangnick was talked up too much . The ”pundits” ended up being right about him.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rangnick was talked up too much . The ”pundits” ended up being right about him.
Rangnick inherited an unbalanced playing squad (eg. lack of CMs), with certain core players in career worst form (Maguire WTF?!, Shaw, Rashford etc.), with players that have run roughshod over managers and coaches for years, that did not want to do extra training, that leaked to the media constantly, Greenwood was involved in the supposed physical and sexual abuse of his girlfriend and with Cavani always injured meant that when it came to goals it was CR7 or no one, Rangnick was given 6 months only, was not allowed to sign anyone over the January transfer window, did not have his own staff, players like Pogba and Lingard unmotivated and just running down their contracts for a free transfer etc.

and you saw for the first half of the first game he managed for United vs Crystal Palace (I think) where their shape, effort and pressing was far better... but it all just fell apart because these players won't do what they are told

United have gone 5 years without a trophy and a decade since winning the EPL during which they have shred through David Moyes, Van Gaal, Mourinho, Ole and now Rangnick... I am gaining a greater and greater appreciation for the job Alex Ferguson did after the Glazers took over... awesome that he kept the team winning EPLs and a Champions League

something is rotten at Old Trafford and I think the core issue is non-footballing people are in charge and they are prioritising commercial rather than footballing aims (eg. qualifying for the CL for the money rather than actually winning the CL)

but all you hear from Merson, Danny Murphy, Graeme Souness etc. is that it's the manager's fault and all those United old boys in Scholes, Neville, Keane, Rio etc. that engaged in such a fantastical propaganda for Ole as United headed straight for the iceberg just hanging Rangnick out to dry... the gall of a non-United manager trespassing on their turf

at one point, Paul Merson dismissed Rangnick for being unproven in England... you have to go back decades to find a top line English manager you disrespectful drunk

Last edited:

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Rangnick inherited an unbalanced playing squad (eg. lack of CMs), with certain core players in career worst form (Maguire WTF?!, Shaw, Rashford etc.), with players that have run roughshod over managers and coaches for years, that did not want to do extra training, that leaked to the media constantly, Greenwood was involved in the supposed physical and sexual abuse of his girlfriend and with Cavani always injured meant that when it came to goals it was CR7 or no one, Rangnick was given 6 months only, was not allowed to sign anyone over the January transfer window, did not have his own staff, players like Pogba and Lingard unmotivated and just running down their contracts for a free transfer etc.

and you saw for the first half of the first game he managed for United vs Crystal Palace (I think) where their shape, effort and pressing was far better... but it all just fell apart because these players won't do what they are told

United have gone 5 years without a trophy and a decade since winning the EPL during which they have shred through David Moyes, Van Gaal, Mourinho, Ole and now Rangnick... I am gaining a greater and greater appreciation for the job Alex Ferguson did after the Glazers took over... awesome that he kept the team winning EPLs and a Champions League

something is rotten at Old Trafford and I think the core issue is non-footballing people are in charge and they are prioritising commercial rather than footballing aims (eg. qualifying for the CL for the money rather than actually winning the CL)

but all you hear from Merson, Danny Murphy, Graeme Souness etc. is that it's the manager's fault and all those United old boys in Scholes, Neville, Keane, Rio etc. that engaged in such a fantastical propaganda for Ole as United headed straight for the iceberg just hanging Rangnick out to dry... the gall of a non-United manager trespassing on their turf

at one point, Paul Merson dismissed Rangnick for being unproven in England... you have to go back decades to find a top line English manager you disrespectful drunk
That’s all good and well, there are many reasons as to why they haven’t won anything in years .
The bottom line though is Ragnick just wasn’t good enough for the job . He was talked up quite a bit in here even though he had never coached a big club . I would go as far as to say he wa actually unproven in Europe /Germany .
The roster he inherited was also supposedly stronger than the one Ole finished 2nd with last season. (Ronaldo , Varane , Sancho signings) .
in the end he finished 6th and was fortunate he finished 6th because had results not gone his way last matchday he would have finished 7th.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Germany is almost a one team country and Rangnick's raising of Hoffenheim two divisions in consecutive seasons to the top division and being very competitive in the Bundesliga was very impressive --> honestly, have you ever heard of Hoffenheim's home town/village of Sinsheim?

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Germany is almost a one team country and Rangnick's raising of Hoffenheim two divisions in consecutive seasons to the top division and being very competitive in the Bundesliga was very impressive --> honestly, have you ever heard of Hoffenheim's home town/village of Sinsheim?
Not sure Rangnick has won anything of significance in Germany other than a cup and u19 title.
Having seen his work at Man utd I’m comfortable going on record and saying he was overhyped.
Now whether he managed to promote a village team to the top tier is an admirable achievement, but he could not achieve significant successes with more established and traditional Bundesliga teams.
He wasn’t cut out to handle the pressure it would seem .

Last edited:

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure Rangnick has won anything of significance in Germany other than a cup and u19 title.
Having seen his work at Man utd I’m comfortable going on record and saying he was overhyped.
Now whether he managed to promote a village team to the top tier is an admirable achievement, but he could not achieve significant successes with more established and traditional Bundesliga teams.
He wasn’t cut out to handle the pressure it would seem .
no, I think Rangnick is suited to the role of maximizing limited resources, working to a budget, good scouting, bringing in young players on smaller fees, with big upsides, hard working etc... a super club like United probably ain't a good fit where you have huge expectations and huge egos and huge spotlight and oversight and limited say etc.

for example, Mourinho was often criticized for his style of football (ie. defensive, results driven, parking the bus) but it was understandable considering that as a manager, his two greatest achievements were with the underdog Porto winning the Champions League in 2004 and Inter winning the treble in 2010 against more highly fancied teams... his philosophy can be derived from one simple saying of his: "Finals are not meant to be played... they're meant to be won"

but a bad fit doesn't necessarily mean they are not good/great

Last edited:

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
David de gea signing 5 year contract
With 125k less per week than previous contract

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I’m reading Cavani has advised Nunez to stay away of Old Trafford and sign with Liverpool, citing some players have too much power at Man Utd.
We know Ronaldo is one of them, any idea who the others may be?

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m reading Cavani has advised Nunez to stay away of Old Trafford and sign with Liverpool, citing some players have too much power at Man Utd.
We know Ronaldo is one of them, any idea who the others may be?
Rashford , Maquire , Shaw and Lingard

The English click.

Just speculating, but have seen these players mentioned numerous times on other blogs.

All four played as if they didn't give a flying fark.