Image1654845797.854667.jpg

Old chokey
Already lost more finals as Ferguson in under half the appearances
But hey his a way better manager

Not sure how the bin dippers figure that one ‍♂‍♂

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
De Jong is a very good signing but I hope United don't break the bank with him... they need a lot more new players

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Old chokey
Already lost more finals as Ferguson in under half the appearances
But hey his a way better manager

Not sure how the bin dippers figure that one ‍♂‍♂
4 wins hey, even though he’s won 6 trophies winning finals at Liverpool. How did he win the other two, in a raffle?
Look, I get it your salty that Klopp has had far far quicker success than what Ferguson did.
I understand that it’s a little hard to swallow that Ferguson made 4 CL finals in his 189 year coaching career (50%win rte) where as Klopp has made 3 finals in just 6.5 years In charge of Liverpool (4 if you include Dortmund) .
It’s obviously hard for you to accept that in 6.5 years Klopp has won every trophy available for him to win, but posting misinformation to diminish his feats is really a little pathetic.
And it’s perfectly understandable that a coach who makes more finals in shorter space of time may lose a few more.
Ferguon is lucky he did not have to coach against the likes of Klopp and Guardiola.

Last edited:

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
to be fair, Ferguson did have to compete against Arsene Wenger and Jose Mourinho in their primes
Klopp and Pep would wipe the floor with him, as would Ancelotti .
The PL the last 5 years is next level football , the football City and Liverpool have been producing is revolutionary .
That my opinion anyway.
But isn’t it interesting that not all former players speak so glowingly of Ferguson . Keane said what he really feels , and I think Mark Bosnich has also referred to Ferguson as a coward.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The PL the last 5 years is next level football , the football City and Liverpool have been producing is revolutionary .
That my opinion anyway.
But isn’t it interesting that not all former players speak so glowingly of Ferguson . Keane said what he really feels , and I think Mark Bosnich has also referred to Ferguson as a coward.
interestingly, since I never liked Keane the player, I enjoy his interviews though... very raw, unpolished... and that interview with Neville and I think it's the "Off the Ball" crew in Ireland is very interesting

I think a lot of Keane's resentment is centred on his exit from United in 2005 rather than his whole tenure at Old Trafford... and you can tell with Keane's unrepentant approach to the Haaland stuff, he doesn't get over things

the majority of United players from the Fergie era speak of him in very high terms

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That my opinion anyway.
No way of knowing how Sir Alex would fare in todays football. I suspect he would have been able to adapt and do well. Probably not dominate.

What i do know is that prime United had the talent to compete against anyone at anytime, anywhere.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
No way of knowing how Sir Alex would fare in todays football. I suspect he would have been able to adapt and do well. Probably not dominate.

What i do know is that prime United had the talent to compete against anyone at anytime, anywhere.
I agree but I'll also say that styles make fights. The high press (as opposed to the medium block) never really was successful in England until Klopp et. al. bought it over from the continent in the naughties. To break the press reliably, u need FB's talented with the ball at the feet. Prime UTD never really had that, just top quality D. Now what would have been interesting if Utd played pressing football.

TBH, think modern Liverpool destroys prime Utd but thats not because they are better players - purely a system argument. And not sure how that then rates Klopp vs SAF. Hypotheticals....

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
TBH, think modern Liverpool destroys prime Utd but thats not because they are better players - purely a system argument. And not sure how that then rates Klopp vs SAF. Hypotheticals....
It is hypotheticals, different era’s different styles. I’m in agreeable with you though regarding the current Liverpool team easily accounting for comfortable beating Fergusons prime Man Utd team .
Interestingly enough comparing managers, some like to throw up numbers which sometimes never really tells a true story. But it’s been pointed out that Ferguson had Mourinho as his rival. Mourinho infact does have a better head to head against Ferguson .
Klopp and Pep have a superior head to head against Mourinho .

Paul Depodesta

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It is hypotheticals, different era’s different styles. I’m in agreeable with you though regarding the current Liverpool team easily accounting for comfortable beating Fergusons prime Man Utd team .
Interestingly enough comparing managers, some like to throw up numbers which sometimes never really tells a true story. But it’s been pointed out that Ferguson had Mourinho as his rival. Mourinho infact does have a better head to head against Ferguson .
Klopp and Pep have a superior head to head against Mourinho .
Yes but that was with spurs etc, pep and klopp didn’t manage against prime Chelsea in 00’s when fergy did
apples and oranges
i Think the conceded 15 goals one year they won it, incredible defence
wengers arsenal were unbelievable, invisibles
i Think it’s easy to forget some of those teams and mangers and what they achieved

short Memory’s, I seen the best team picked the other day
Ramos and puyol as CB, Carlos and Cafu left and right, fantastic picks but…..where’s Maldini?
my point
short memory’s from young people

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes but that was with spurs etc, pep and klopp didn’t manage against prime Chelsea in 00’s when fergy did
apples and oranges
i Think the conceded 15 goals one year they won it, incredible defence
wengers arsenal were unbelievable, invisibles
i Think it’s easy to forget some of those teams and mangers and what they achieved

short Memory’s, I seen the best team picked the other day
Ramos and puyol as CB, Carlos and Cafu left and right, fantastic picks but…..where’s Maldini?
my point
short memory’s from young people
Good to see MONEYBALL is alive and well on this site.

Just remember i am the boss. :grinning:

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I can’t see us signing anyone
I can’t even see us signing to fill the players that left
Same dramas at the top, ragnick bought in to evaluate the joint, couldn’t do his job coz he wasn’t allowed too
Left
Says a lot about the board and owners
“Can only evaluate if we agree with it, if not your gone”

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I can’t see us signing anyone
I can’t even see us signing to fill the players that left
Same dramas at the top, ragnick bought in to evaluate the joint, couldn’t do his job coz he wasn’t allowed too
Left
Says a lot about the board and owners
“Can only evaluate if we agree with it, if not your gone”
“It’s OK you have McTominay.“ Nice rhyme to it too .

The better players want to play in the CL , Ragnick and Ronaldo failed to get you in the CL and hence it’s harder to sign the better players . The Cl is an elite competition and your club is not participating in it .
You really need to stop blaming the owners and board, you’re club is the 2nd biggest spenders behind Man City the last time I checked.
The owners and board have coughed up lots of money to improve your roster ,the problem is you spent t on dud signings .

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
“It’s OK you have McTominay.“ Nice rhyme to it too .

The better players want to play in the CL , Ragnick and Ronaldo failed to get you in the CL and hence it’s harder to sign the better players . The Cl is an elite competition and your club is not participating in it .
You really need to stop blaming the owners and board, you’re club is the 2nd biggest spenders behind Man City the last time I checked.
The owners and board have coughed up lots of money to improve your roster ,the problem is you spent t on dud signings .
You don't understand United.

We sign players to sell shirts.