Soccer The Manchester United SUPER Thread

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Thanks clown takes, why don't you lot tell us how the master tactician conceded not 1, not 2, but 3 goals against a newly promoted team

Or how about the 7-2 result vs Villa? Tell us all about that defensive master-class

Clown takes
Do you want me to honestly answer this? Happy to, just don't bitch that there's too much Liverpool talk going on. That's all. Just say.

I'm trying to respect the rest of the posters on here by only talking about United. Maybe you should too?

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Do you want me to honestly answer this? Happy to, just don't bitch that there's too much Liverpool talk going on. That's all. Just say.

I'm trying to respect the rest of the posters on here by only talking about United. Maybe you should too?
The rest of the United fans have left this thread because of the really biased bad takes from you lot.

Ffs Ronaldo had 2 legitimate penalties turned down (vs West ham), we dominated possession and better chances in the game and your take was that we were shit and lucky that West Ham didn't score the last minute penalty.

Thats why no one takes you seriously, that's a massive clownish take on that West Ham game

And the you still don't get that the villa player was offside which happened just before the penalty shout, therefore the offside was given.

Clown takes

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
OK ... well ... I guess I should do the honourable thing as reply to you @PE Teacher 21 ?

The 7-2 result was too far ago for me to give a proper answer mate. We were rubish though. Clearly. Just utter trash.

3-3

We looked off it. The backs weren't supported by the midfield. What made it worse is that we didn't react to what they were doing, and it wasn't the first time TAA was targeted in the game. VVD was completely at sea with his positional play, communication. That filtered throughout the team. We were just so disjointed defensively. It was utterly embarrassing tbh. Totalyl substandard and at a level no team expecting to win things can go forward like.

Many have pointed towards the CBs being the issue, and I agree wholeheartedly that they were a big problem. Especially VVD. Was completely off.

But, I'd say it was also the midfield. I've poitned towards Hendo as there were a few times when he wasn't where he should've been, especially for the goals we conceded. Fab also wasn't good. Also can point at Salah for not helping out TAA more defensively as Trent was left exposed many times with 3+ players on him.

Above all of this, I think that Klopp got it horribly wrong tactically. He really did. 1 sub. Didn't change the formation when it was clear what Brentford was doing. Too much arrogance perhaps? I don't know. But, wasn't good.

Hopefully we learn from it. Expect us to. But still not good.

Hopefully that was a decent enough summation for you? Go tot he Liverpool thread as I've talked a lot more about it there :grinning: though, doubt you've watched the game to really be able to comment.

I do watch United games though, whcih is why I'm commenting on what I see?

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The rest of the United fans have left this thread because of the really biased bad takes from you lot.

Ffs Ronaldo had 2 legitimate penalties turned down (vs West ham), we dominated possession and better chances in the game and your take was that we were shit and lucky that West Ham didn't score the last minute penalty.

Thats why no one takes you seriously, that's a massive clownish take on that West Ham game

And the you still don't get that the villa player was offside which happened just before the penalty shout, therefore the offside was given.

Clown takes
So, just to clarify.

Those United fans comign on here and slagging off Ole and hte performance of the team on the weekend are or aren't United fans. Just so I know.

YOu don't take me seriosuly? You certainly have been wound up for the last hour or so talking to a person whose views you don't really care much about ...

Just saying .. my friend ;)

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Btw. So you all know.

I look at United as a team that should be up there as one of the best. Based on your past with Fergie.

So, when I comment on United I always comment on the fact that I believe you should be aiming for United standard, which is where Fergie was at.

If you guys are happy celebrating losses to West Ham, and saying you had better chances with Ronaldo having two penalties turned down or whatever then fair enough.

Personally, I'd be pissed that my team was playing no where the level of the famous 'United way' but each to their own. Celebrate mediocracy. It's your call :grinning:

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Clown takes
It's a DEBATE page dude, where people come to express their OPINIONS!!!

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
OK ... well ... I guess I should do the honourable thing as reply to you @PE Teacher 21 ?

The 7-2 result was too far ago for me to give a proper answer mate. We were rubish though. Clearly. Just utter trash.

3-3

We looked off it. The backs weren't supported by the midfield. What made it worse is that we didn't react to what they were doing, and it wasn't the first time TAA was targeted in the game. VVD was completely at sea with his positional play, communication. That filtered throughout the team. We were just so disjointed defensively. It was utterly embarrassing tbh. Totalyl substandard and at a level no team expecting to win things can go forward like.

Many have pointed towards the CBs being the issue, and I agree wholeheartedly that they were a big problem. Especially VVD. Was completely off.

But, I'd say it was also the midfield. I've poitned towards Hendo as there were a few times when he wasn't where he should've been, especially for the goals we conceded. Fab also wasn't good. Also can point at Salah for not helping out TAA more defensively as Trent was left exposed many times with 3+ players on him.

Above all of this, I think that Klopp got it horribly wrong tactically. He really did. 1 sub. Didn't change the formation when it was clear what Brentford was doing. Too much arrogance perhaps? I don't know. But, wasn't good.

Hopefully we learn from it. Expect us to. But still not good.

Hopefully that was a decent enough summation for you? Go tot he Liverpool thread as I've talked a lot more about it there :grinning: though, doubt you've watched the game to really be able to comment.

I do watch United games though, whcih is why I'm commenting on what I see?
Please note @PE Teacher 21 that I didn't point to any apparent penalties we should've got, nor said that we had enough chances to win, nor us playing better or whatever.

At the end of the day I need to say it for how it is. We weren't good enough. Simples.

I don't understand why you can't say that? And you call me biased when I've just laid into Liverpool. All their players. And manager.

When's the last time you did that to United, your team, your manager ... my unbiased friend? :grinning:

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Please note @PE Teacher 21 that I didn't point to any apparent penalties we should've got, nor said that we had enough chances to win, nor us playing better or whatever.

At the end of the day I need to say it for how it is. We weren't good enough. Simples.

I don't understand why you can't say that? And you call me biased when I've just laid into Liverpool. All their players. And manager.

When's the last time you did that to United, your team, your manager ... my unbiased friend? :grinning:
Why is it that all the older posters have vacated this thread? Any idea? Don't sit here and divert this onto me

Your bad takes play a massive part in this, others are sick of it. Take for example " nor said that we had enough chances to win, nor us playing better" I said this in direct reference to a nothing game (carabao cup), where Ole put out a reserve squad to give them game time, which was more than obvious enough that it's a competition that the club don't care about.

The reserves gave a good showing of themselves, Ole isn't going to field the whole reserve 11 in a game that matters, but from that showing (where they dominated possession and created chances) he can determine that when injuries/suspensions happen, those players can come in to the 1st team and do a job.

You translated this game as Ole should be sacked, he's shit, Man Utd are shit, they got smashed by West Ham, etc, bullshit, clown take, clown take, clown take, clown take

And then after the villa game you used my point about the reserves to have a snarky shot. Well clown take, guess what? the whole 11 reserves don't come into the 1st team, it's only potentially lindelof and telles, who gave a good showing and Ole can be confident they'll do a job.

But again, I reiterate, all the older posters have left this thread and they discuss United games in a private message chat. That should give you enough evidence of what people are thinking.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We’ve all left coz of fuckwit Liverpool numpts
There clubs has won fuck all n 3-4 decades
But over here telling us we’ve won fucj all in 7 years
Says it all really
They talk shit, try to troll
Nobody replies to them and talk amongst themselves here coz the Liverpool thread is pathetic
Ur right at @PE Teacher 21

Pretty sad that the untied fans dont come on here anymore and just chat in private group to talk football

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Why is it that all the older posters have vacated this thread? Any idea? Don't sit here and divert this onto me

Your bad takes play a massive part in this, others are sick of it. Take for example " nor said that we had enough chances to win, nor us playing better" I said this in direct reference to a nothing game (carabao cup), where Ole put out a reserve squad to give them game time, which was more than obvious enough that it's a competition that the club don't care about.

The reserves gave a good showing of themselves, Ole isn't going to field the whole reserve 11 in a game that matters, but from that showing (where they dominated possession and created chances) he can determine that when injuries/suspensions happen, those players can come in to the 1st team and do a job.

You translated this game as Ole should be sacked, he's shit, Man Utd are shit, they got smashed by West Ham, etc, bullshit, clown take, clown take, clown take, clown take

And then after the villa game you used my point about the reserves to have a snarky shot. Well clown take, guess what? the whole 11 reserves don't come into the 1st team, it's only potentially lindelof and telles, who gave a good showing and Ole can be confident they'll do a job.

But again, I reiterate, all the older posters have left this thread and they discuss United games in a private message chat. That should give you enough evidence of what people are thinking.
And again I ask. Those United posters that have come out criticising Ole and the team.

Are they not true United supporters or are they trolls? Because you make this out that it's all about me or whatever, but it really isn't.

You make out that I'm saying that Ole should be sacked. Where have I said that? What I've been saying is that he isn't United standard. I've been saying that since day one. Other United supporters have agreed but you get stuck into me. Why,?

You take things too personal my friend

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Btw.

You're great and amazing Garry Neville that you all look up to and admire has come out and said the exact same thing I said about the cup game.

That it was the perfect chance for United to win something and be a stepping stone to future success.

He talked about Fergie needing that. Even Mourinho needing that. You keep saying it was a nothing game and talk down to me like I'm a fool for suggesting otherwise.

Your bum chum Neville and most others with a better knowledge of football that you and me suggest otherwise. I'll go with what they say sweetie bit feel free to continue your bias and personal take on things

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Btw.

You're great and amazing Garry Neville that you all look up to and admire has come out and said the exact same thing I said about the cup game.

That it was the perfect chance for United to win something and be a stepping stone to future success.

He talked about Fergie needing that. Even Mourinho needing that. You keep saying it was a nothing game and talk down to me like I'm a fool for suggesting otherwise.

Your bum chum Neville and most others with a better knowledge of football that you and me suggest otherwise. I'll go with what they say sweetie bit feel free to continue your bias and personal take on things
Gary Neville is a pundit who is paid to say controversial things. He does his best and goes overboard in trying to show that he is not biased toward United. He is also a failed manager with Valencia.

And FACTS about the early rounds of the Carabao/League Cup with existing managers (Klopp/Tuchel/Pep) this season and previous seasons and past managers (SAF, Mourinho,etc) they have all used reserve players in the early rounds of this cup. They are the FACTS, not bullshit clown takes like Gary Neville.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Gary Neville is a pundit who is paid to say controversial things. He does his best and goes overboard in trying to show that he is not biased toward United. He is also a failed manager with Valencia.

And FACTS about the early rounds of the Carabao/League Cup with existing managers (Klopp/Tuchel/Pep) this season and previous seasons and past managers (SAF, Mourinho,etc) they have all used reserve players in the early rounds of this cup. They are the FACTS, not bullshit clown takes like Gary Neville.
Now Neville is a clown too? Damn. You're really taking a stand on this mate. Fair enough.

He's probably the biggest supporter of United and Ole out there. He's ALWAYS talking you lot up, chatting about giving Ole the time and money to compete.

You're really showing your bias there mate by saying he has to say controversial things to show he's it biased towards United. He's so pro United it's hard to find anyone else more devoted to United ... apart from Keano of course lol

And now he's a clown? Fair enough.

Look. I honestly think the cup is a waste of time too. A meaningless Mickey Mouse competition.

But you guys need to win a trophy. Pronto. In the EPL you've got three very well prepared, experienced teams with top top managers in front of you. In the CL the same.

Thought this was your best chance to win a trophy but if you say it's a nothing cup then who am I to argue?

Glad I'm not the only clown now lol

Last edited:

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We’ve all left coz of fuckwit Liverpool numpts
There clubs has won fuck all n 3-4 decades
But over here telling us we’ve won fucj all in 7 years
Says it all really
They talk shit, try to troll
Nobody replies to them and talk amongst themselves here coz the Liverpool thread is pathetic
Ur right at @PE Teacher 21

Pretty sad that the untied fans dont come on here anymore and just chat in private group to talk football
You're certainly missed tho coach. You really are mate.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm someone that does not believe that Ole is a good enough manager for Manchester United... but if I am going to criticise him, I should have an idea who should replace him... and I struggle to think of a manager that can and should replace him

Zidane is a man manager but no tactical innovator or strategist... Conte probably as he has a strong tactical identity and acumen but there is no compromise in him and he would not IMO work well with a Glazer run club... Tuchel would have been a good option when PSG sacked him but he too can be hard to work with and is now ensconced in the Fulham based Chelsea... Nagelsmann just started with Bayern... Ancelotti is past it... Flick wanted out of club football... Allegri just went back to Juventus although they have not looked good at the start of this season --> a pragmatic coach though that could work... Simeone maybe but it could be a risk as I think part of his success at Atletico is the fact he understands the club as a former player and plays up the underdog which you just cannot do with a club as big as United... Erik ten Hag? I don't rate Koeman... Poch perhaps but you would need to be patient as I think his best attribute would be the effect he would have on the younger players --> Rashford, Sancho, Greenwood etc... Rodgers?

so... maybe Ole is the right fit for now

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'm someone that does not believe that Ole is a good enough manager for Manchester United... but if I am going to criticise him, I should have an idea who should replace him... and I struggle to think of a manager that can and should replace him

Zidane is a man manager but no tactical innovator or strategist... Conte probably as he has a strong tactical identity and acumen but there is no compromise in him and he would not IMO work well with a Glazer run club... Tuchel would have been a good option when PSG sacked him but he too can be hard to work with and is now ensconced in the Fulham based Chelsea... Nagelsmann just started with Bayern... Ancelotti is past it... Flick wanted out of club football... Allegri just went back to Juventus although they have not looked good at the start of this season --> a pragmatic coach though that could work... Simeone maybe but it could be a risk as I think part of his success at Atletico is the fact he understands the club as a former player and plays up the underdog which you just cannot do with a club as big as United... Erik ten Hag? I don't rate Koeman... Poch perhaps but you would need to be patient as I think his best attribute would be the effect he would have on the younger players --> Rashford, Sancho, Greenwood etc... Rodgers?

so... maybe Ole is the right fit for now
Tbh you're probably right you know.

Ole for me clearly isn't the right person for them, tho he's done very well in getting them to where they are. That can't be argued.

But changing managers now would be madness. A whole new rebuilding stage would take place so they'd be set back another 2-3 years clearing out deadwood and bringing the right players in.

Out of that list I'd say Zidane personally.

What about Ronaldo? Heard a few mention his name ....