Soccer The Manchester United SUPER Thread

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
With all due respect to “coach” because he seems like a genuinely nice guy , but in my opinion his football knowledge is very limited . His posts are there for everyone to see and whilst he comes across as a relatively pleasant guy he is a couple of sandwiches short of a picnic when it comes to football.
Same applies with Chrissy who gets wound up very easy and the other one who believes you don’t need a midfield to be successful.
You cannot have serious discussions with them , on the other hand guys like yourself, alchemist, bulldogs-4-life and a couple of other man Utd fans in \
Thank you Angel, you are a sweetie.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Anyway, back to the United talk ... as we know how much they hate talking about anything else ;)

Read through this today and found what Scholes said as interesting:

"Ole has built a squad that should be capable of winning the top prizes," said United legend Paul Scholes, speaking on BT Sport. "There is not a lot of difference in the top four squads, the only difference is probably in the managers."

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyway, back to the United talk ... as we know how much they hate talking about anything else ;)

"Ole has built a squad that should be capable of winning the top prizes," said United legend Paul Scholes, speaking on BT Sport. "There is not a lot of difference in the top four squads, the only difference is probably in the managers."

Yes back to United ...... That's pretty damning coming from Scholes, as they are good mates.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yes back to United ...... That's pretty damning coming from Scholes, as they are good mates.
Guess ex players generally stick up for ex players. A lot of your boys do. Keane. Neville. Rio. All backing Ole to the hilt.

Don't get me wrong. I think Ole has done ok, but considering you've still got a hole in that midfield, and defence is still a little suspect you need to at least have a top manager to bring it all together.

Is Ole that manager? We'll see this year I guess

chris_e_fresh

The Virtual One
Reaction score
West Ham been travelling well this season and last
Never an easy game against the hammers
Looking forward to it
There problem is squad depth they are playing in Croatia tonight then have to back up against us

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guess ex players generally stick up for ex players. A lot of your boys do. Keane. Neville. Rio. All backing Ole to the hilt.

Don't get me wrong. I think Ole has done ok, but considering you've still got a hole in that midfield, and defence is still a little suspect you need to at least have a top manager to bring it all together.

Is Ole that manager? We'll see this year I guess
Mate, that's a huge no for me. Been blatantly obvious for 12 months.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Scholes and Ole don’t get along, both had shots at each other about two years ago in the media.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I’m hoping the boys are able to bounce back against West Ham. It’ll be a tight game, Moyes is really good at compressing the field so I’m expecting it to be low scoring.

We need to start Matic, hopefully McTominay can get a few mins towards the end, he is back training with the team.

We’ve started the past two seasons shaky, so I’m not surprised that the same has happened this season, we need to click into second gear on the ASAP. If we were gonna drop a game, I’d rather it in the group stages of the UCL as we can make up the points, as opposed to the league.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Mate, that's a huge no for me. Been blatantly obvious for 12 months.
He's still inexperienced and maybe needs more time. Have always said I don't think he's United quality, but do get things wrong. Pogba for example is playing decently this year from what I've seen and I thought he was nothing much. And Shaw really impressed me when I saw him last year as he was gash for a long time.

Both improved under Ole so ... maybe he isn't that bad? As a Liverpool fan I hope he's given a 10 year contract

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Are you being serious or taking the piss ?
You are playing Young Boys who will never win the CL .
You can’t compare what Chelsea did against Liverpool to what your mob did against Young Boys . Huge difference in quality.
Why can’t you admit that Ole screwed up with his tactics and cost you the game?
Agreed different story if your playing liverpool. That’s one of easiest games of the group stage bar our home game against young boys. Lindelof shouldn’t have player to ole didnt do one thing right. You can blame lingard but we would’ve never been in that situation if we weren’t playing such negative football against a side like young boys

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hoping matic starts vs west ham best we have in that role.

has anyone noticed when fred and pogba play together pogba turns to shit.