Soccer The Manchester United SUPER Thread

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Tbh I'd completely forgotten about his lack of European success, so of course it's Fergie. Tho, how many European honours did Fergie win in his time? For all of his dominance in the EPL that's where he was perhaps lacking?
Sir Alex does have the European supercup with Aberdeen on his resume, but strictly speaking at his time in England, the two champions leagues and Euro cup winners trophy are better than most and then his domestic dominance puts him above all other managers.

We did lose the two UCL finals in 2009 and 2011 which hurt to this day, Fergie was unlucky he came up against potentially the greatest side ever assembled with Messi having his greatest seasons in that time. I think if he was backed a little more post Glazer takeover, he probably brings in another European trophy along with the 2008 victory, but our squad was on a downward trajectory and we sold Ronaldo and replaced him with Valencia and Obertan.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I can't comment on what he said as I don't really know what that's all about, tho it seems from his side he has clear information? I wouldn't have a clue.

Again. You keep talking about scoring points which is how you see it and perhaps reflects on the game you two instigated.

From my side it's not scoring points whatsoever. It honestly pisses me off seeing the hypocrisy in the media over this, but as I said maybe it's my bias against United stirring this?

But, this bias in all fans isn't good. I was bias with the whole Suarez racism shit when I really should've stepped back and taken my loyalties out of it. And, I'm sorry to say but I think your bias towards United is clouding your thinking on this a little too. It's absolutely natural and normal for people to be calling out Ronaldo on this, especially considering his high profile. Not sure how you don't see that?
My bias? Right where I've mentioned that using the potential attack on a woman as reasoning not to partake in this gutter talk. Not whether Ronaldo is innocent or not, whether it is worth cheapening a potential attack on a woman.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Sir Alex does have the European supercup with Aberdeen on his resume, but strictly speaking at his time in England, the two champions leagues and Euro cup winners trophy are better than most and then his domestic dominance puts him above all other managers.

We did lose the two UCL finals in 2009 and 2011 which hurt to this day, Fergie was unlucky he came up against potentially the greatest side ever assembled with Messi having his greatest seasons in that time. I think if he was backed a little more post Glazer takeover, he probably brings in another European trophy along with the 2008 victory, but our squad was on a downward trajectory and we sold Ronaldo and replaced him with Valencia and Obertan.
OK. Well, 2 CL trophies and 2 finals is a pretty good achievement. I guess considering how good he was in England the expectations are higher, especially with the squad he had at different points. But, clearly he's been the best manager in England since Paisely ;)

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
My bias? Right where I've mentioned that using the potential attack on a woman as reasoning not to partake in this gutter talk. Not whether Ronaldo is innocent or not, whether it is worth cheapening a potential attack on a woman.
And again, you're assuming it's gutter talk whereas from my side it's a serious discussion. You're the one making this out to be trolling and no one else. Of course, from my side at least, I could've used different language or whatever I may have said but at the end of the day everything I said was my honest opinion.

Perhaps you need to step back from the whole trolling thing you two set up and realise that sometimes people are simply trying to talk about a subject.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
And again, you're assuming it's gutter talk whereas from my side it's a serious discussion. You're the one making this out to be trolling and no one else. Of course, from my side at least, I could've used different language or whatever I may have said but at the end of the day everything I said was my honest opinion.

Perhaps you need to step back from the whole trolling thing you two set up and realise that sometimes people are simply trying to talk about a subject.

Allegations from 2019, that haven't been tested in a court of law, that you're still pushing to try to get people to say that everyone's a hypocrite because they're not brining attention to it. I am quite certain I know what bias means and clearly I aint the one displaying it

The hypocrisy in the English media over Ronaldo is disturbing tbh. Lauded from piller to post as some reincarnation of Christ himself, but no one talking about the rape claims.

It's not important?

Saw something ex United player Garry Strachan said on the morales, or lack of them in the game. He talked a out how if a youngster were to have such allegations against him he'd never make it because no club would touch him, and rightly so.

But, because players like Ronaldo are famous and needed by their clubs people look over and turn the blind eye to their indiscretions. In his words "there are no morals in football."

Hard not to agree with him, especially in the Ronaldo case.

Whether he or someone else is guilty or not, all people should be held accountable for their actions. It's just a dark stain on society that people like Ronaldo can cruise through because of their fame and not held accountable for their actions.

Hush money to the side, the allegations are pretty serious and concerning. Damning that no one is talking about it

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Allegations from 2019, that haven't been tested in a court of law, that you're still pushing to try to get people to say that everyone's a hypocrite because they're not brining attention to it. I am quite certain I know what bias means and clearly I aint the one displaying it
Those quotes from me are supposed to be showing what? That I'm bias against United? You?

All they do is back up what I was saying and have repeated. That a footballer, once again, is being held up as some magnificent being with no one calling him out for things. How is that bias?

I said that Liverpool players are no different, even highlighting some things I know about Gerrard and ex manager Rodgers. Where's the bias? Why didn't you quote those points if you didn't want to be biased?

And yes, I think people are being hypocritical by daily lauding him as some superpower and with him being the face of the EPL with this thing hanging over him. Sorry. That's the way I feel.

Just the same as I feel Liverpool supporters are being hypocritical if they sing songs about Munich but then complain about Hillsborough. I made that comment about morals as a general point, with Ronaldo being the case at the front of it. Which I think is quite natural in the situation.

You keep trying to make this a Liverpool / Man U thing but I haven't done that at all.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Those quotes from me are supposed to be showing what? That I'm bias against United? You?

All they do is back up what I was saying and have repeated. That a footballer, once again, is being held up as some magnificent being with no one calling him out for things. How is that bias?

I said that Liverpool players are no different, even highlighting some things I know about Gerrard and ex manager Rodgers. Where's the bias? Why didn't you quote those points if you didn't want to be biased?

And yes, I think people are being hypocritical by daily lauding him as some superpower and with him being the face of the EPL with this thing hanging over him. Sorry. That's the way I feel.

Just the same as I feel Liverpool supporters are being hypocritical if they sing songs about Munich but then complain about Hillsborough. I made that comment about morals as a general point, with Ronaldo being the case at the front of it. Which I think is quite natural in the situation.

You keep trying to make this a Liverpool / Man U thing but I haven't done that at all.
The allegations are from 2019!!!!! It made headline news all around the world at the time with volumes of articles written about it!!!!!!!!!!!

There are no charges!!!!!!

It hasn't gone to court!!!!!!!

And you want them to play this on repeat?

It's that fucking simple.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The allegations are from 2019!!!!! It made headline news all around the world at the time with volumes of articles written about it!!!!!!!!!!!

There are no charges!!!!!!

It hasn't gone to court!!!!!!!

And you want them to play this on repeat?

Certainly not hold him up as some poster boy for the EPL.

Should we forget the past because it happened or reportedly happened 2 years ago?

It didn't got to court because he paid the alleged victim half a mil my friend. 500k. That's why it didn't got to court at the time.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Why can the Liverpool nuffys go to the Liverpool thread and be fucktards there

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
say hello to blue and white in ignore land
Truth be told tho. Fuck knows why you're blocking @Mutt Dafty The guy actually brings a lot to your thread and never really has much of a go at you at all! Me on the other hand. Surprised you didn't block me ages ago! LOL.

You'll miss my in-depth analysis of the game though. Let's be honest.