Soccer The Liverpool FC Super Thread

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Keita was impressive again, should be a nailed on starter for the opening game (please stay fit). Had some really great touches on the ball, pressed well and was strong in the tackle. Elliott looking like a good midfield project, willing to work both side of the ball and when in possession his first thought is to always play forward and pick out the forwards. Making runs. Think he's a head of Jones right now.

Not sure what to make of Mane and Salah right now, a little underwhelming but I could just be expecting too much from them and it is only preseason. Taki/Ox in the false 9 is also ??? at this stage, think I prefer Taki over Ox in that role but would obviously have Bobby/Jota ahead of them. Really hope we buy another attacker...
Didn't watch the game but was following updates. Disappointing to have 4 put past us. How were we defensively?

Seems as tho once again we missed a hat full of chances. Guess it's positive we're getting into those positions tho?

Said at the back of last season that Klopp will try to put Ox into that false 9 as cover for Firmino. Reckon he'll do well there as has an eye for goal and has always been good at pressing. Just his fitness is a concern.

Keita? Everyone is just waiting for the inevitable injury. Expect to hear something today tbh ... Cracking player when fit tho.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Convinced we'll sign a midfielder and attacker. Just leaving it late it seems but we'll get them in

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Early 20s striker from inter. If I remember correctly, close to 20 goals and a bunch of assists last season
Haven't seen any links for him?

An out and out striker? Or plays across the front 3?

Seems as though he'd cost a bit though?

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Haven't seen any links for him?

An out and out striker? Or plays across the front 3?

Seems as though he'd cost a bit though?
We were linked to him about a month ago and it looks to have resurfaced.

Hes only a small guy, can play across the front 3 and seems to be in the right place at the right time

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We were linked to him about a month ago and it looks to have resurfaced.

Hes only a small guy, can play across the front 3 and seems to be in the right place at the right time
Hmmm sounds good?

Will have to look more into him as I literally heard his name the first time when beastmode mentioned him.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Had to Google who you were talking about ....

We're interested in him? Any good?

Seems like we're linked with 1000 players every summer. Look forward to getting them in tho!
If you're talking about lautaro Martinez then I'd gladly have him
I think we're just being linked to him again because of the Arsenal links but it would be nice if true...fits our scouting profile, it's just that he's probably priced way above what we're willing to pay for an attacker at this stage.

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hmmm sounds good?

Will have to look more into him as I literally heard his name the first time when beastmode mentioned him.
Have a look at him on YouTube (I know YouTube vids dont tell the fill story).

Good young player with a pretty high ceiling.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think we're just being linked to him again because of the Arsenal links but it would be nice if true...fits our scouting profile, it's just that he's probably priced way above what we're willing to pay for an attacker at this stage.
Arsenal going all out? Though, doesn't fill me with much promise if they're after him as their scouting network really aint' that good LOL

Who nkows what we're goign to do in the windo? It does seem as though he's expensive? Similar to the Sancho transfer fee it seems? Obviously not the wages but ...

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Have a look at him on YouTube (I know YouTube vids dont tell the fill story).

Good young player with a pretty high ceiling.
Nice. Will have to have a geez also. We need another attacker that's for sure.

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Arsenal going all out? Though, doesn't fill me with much promise if they're after him as their scouting network really aint' that good LOL

Who nkows what we're goign to do in the windo? It does seem as though he's expensive? Similar to the Sancho transfer fee it seems? Obviously not the wages but ...
A broken clock is right twice a day haha

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
A broken clock is right twice a day haha
Ha. You may be right. Excited to see who we bring in though as adding Kanoute, a midfielder and striker will really strenghten us I feel. Gotta get some new blood in there.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Looking more into this rumour. To me it's just as you said beastmode. Arsenal connected then grew from there. Fact inter are making it so public to me means we'll have nothing to do with it. Never get in a bidding war, do we?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Looking more into this rumour. To me it's just as you said beastmode. Arsenal connected then grew from there. Fact inter are making it so public to me means we'll have nothing to do with it. Never get in a bidding war, do we?
Bowen not in West Hams teams today..hmm

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Bowen not in West Hams teams today..hmm
FFS. haha

At the end of the day tho, gotta trust in our transfer committee or whatever you want to call it. Done alright up till now I guess.

For me, a fit Keita the whole year and we're winning a lot. Guy is fucking class.

Saw someone mention how we'd signed that German rehabilitation expert 6+ months ago? Let's hope he works wonders with Keita.

Seemingly done well to get Gomez and VVD back tho we're yet to see the true state of both players

SunnycoastDog

Waterboy
Reaction score
My Villians just signed Leon Bailey! Good shout.
If we’re able to keep Sir Jack we’d have a cracking front 4!!

Watkins
Grealish. Buendia. Bailey