Soccer The Liverpool FC Super Thread

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Didn't watch the game but everyone has said he was gold. How many games till he gets injured? I'm saying 5 max he'll be able to play.

Tell you what though. Imagine him playing a full season? Would be one hell of a player.
Keita was on a different level, his touch and dribbling was so good and he was easily beating players. Could've has a couple of assists if certain players took their chances. Keita has the potential to be our best midfielder but I'm trying not to get excited for obvious reasons.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Shaqiri has asked for a transfer and Liverpool have said they will try and find him a new team. His desire is to play for Lazio.
Surely that's £15m? We need him gone to open a non homegrown spot, same as Origi. Origi will probably just run his contract down and refuse to sign for another club lol.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Saw somewhere today that we've spent a net 20m pounds in the last 5 windows. That's an average of 5m per window with the increase of match day takings, sponsorship, prize money, TV money etc.

But mad that. Maybe we should be protesting like United fans

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Saw somewhere today that we've spent a net 20m pounds in the last 5 windows. That's an average of 5m per window with the increase of match day takings, sponsorship, prize money, TV money etc.

But mad that. Maybe we should be protesting like United fans
Infrastructure, staff, Covid, one of the highest wage bills, etc. There's plenty of things to consider here, it also isn't like they're taking money out of the club.ill be worried if we don't make a couple more signings this window though..

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Infrastructure, staff, Covid, one of the highest wage bills, etc. There's plenty of things to consider here, it also isn't like they're taking money out of the club.ill be worried if we don't make a couple more signings this window though..
Good points. I understand where we're at as a club, so not making those BIG signings isn't a surprise to me. But that number is interesting.

In saying that, I do believe we'll make at least 2 more signings and be much better from it

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Good points. I understand where we're at as a club, so not making those BIG signings isn't a surprise to me. But that number is interesting.

In saying that, I do believe we'll make at least 2 more signings and be much better from it
There was a huge write-up on our accounts and where the money has been going over recent years, I'll try and see if I can find it again. The most interesting point was that our wage bill blew out to £325m when we won the title due to all the bonuses lol.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The great @graemekelly confirming we're after Chiesa? Surely there's no way this will happen?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
The great @graemekelly confirming we're after Chiesa? Surely there's no way this will happen?
Yes the Chiesa rumours exploded again during the last 24 hours lol.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Players are only allowed to do 10 high force headers a week during training LOL.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Since being appointed permanent #MUFC manager in March 2019, Solskjaer has now spent £393m on signings.

In the same timeframe, #MCFC £298m, #CFC £262m, #Spurs £255m, #AFC £243m, #LFC £119m.

Hasn't been backed tho ....

My prediction? Ole first big manager fired this coming season

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Who's watching the game tomorrow morning? Cya then

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Keita was impressive again, should be a nailed on starter for the opening game (please stay fit). Had some really great touches on the ball, pressed well and was strong in the tackle. Elliott looking like a good midfield project, willing to work both side of the ball and when in possession his first thought is to always play forward and pick out the forwards. Making runs. Think he's a head of Jones right now.

Not sure what to make of Mane and Salah right now, a little underwhelming but I could just be expecting too much from them and it is only preseason. Taki/Ox in the false 9 is also ??? at this stage, think I prefer Taki over Ox in that role but would obviously have Bobby/Jota ahead of them. Really hope we buy another attacker...