Soccer The Liverpool FC Super Thread

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Interesting? I ... I honestly don't know what to say about this.

Makes sense I guess? But I'd question whether he'd cancel it all considering how important he sees training? Though ... maybe he's listening to the sports science guys and thinking that'll it'll give his players the necessary rest? Thus a boost?

Where did you see that? Certainly interesting. I'd guess that he may be giving them extended time off but surely he'd have them train? We'll know soon enough I guess considering the constant updates from the trainings we have these days.
I read it in an article somewhere. Who knows what's true though.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think his been advised from higher up to to give the boys a spell
Maybe some truth to the rumour of players getting flogged
The owners are telling klopp what to do? Come on mate.

Klopp surrounds himself with people telling him what to do. He openly talks about it. He continually talks about his sports science team telling him who he can or can't play.

That being said I was surprised with the team against Ajax and that he didn't take players off. He really rolled the dice and got away with it.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Bench on Sunday, half a game on Wednesday?

Apparently Milner, Shaq & OX the following week? Starting to all fall into place ... apart from the CBs of course!
And Thiago... :(

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
UEFA named a best UCL team from 2000-2020. What changes would you make without any Liverpool bias?

Image1607159739.136945.jpg

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
For me Pique, Lahm and Henry out for sure with Maldini, Alves and Zidane in.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
A lot of talk about this Ibrahima Konate being the CB we're targeting. Any of you know anything about him? Read a bit and seems OK but never watched him ... from memory?

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Saw a lot of talk on here about Mbappe potentially coming to Liverpool next year.

Don't know personally. We're going to have to outlay a bit on a CB which we didn't want to do. Expect to have to do that in Jan even though the club are trying to downplay such talk.

We're going to have to get a midfielder in with Gini, Milner, Ox most likely leaving. Have heard Szoboszlai is nailed on. With Jones stepping up maybe we wouldn't need a second midfielder? But still.

Unless Nico starts stepping up more, I'd say we'll need a RB also.

So ... we've gotta cover at least 3 new signings before contemplating another forward. Yes. If one of the front 3 leaves we'll replace them, but Mbappe will be so damned expensive. Can we really afford it?

Think one of you mentioned Haaland having a get out clause which is quite low. If that's true, then I'd say out of all of the options we'd get him and I'd be more than happy with that.

The only way I can see us going after Mbappe is if the rumoured investment from Redball? goes through. If that indeed happens, then I'd expect Mbappe to follow personally.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Though the game was tomorrow morning :sweat:

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Huge game today. After the results yesterday we need to keep going. Look forward to seeing if the boys will step up. A massive sign of intent of we can with more and more injured players coming back

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Wish we had some earlier games so I can fucking watch them live ffs.