Soccer The Liverpool FC Super Thread

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
How did we only score ONE goal? The fuck? Salahs decision making with some of those late chances was stupid lol. Mane also didn't look much better.

How did Neco play? Didn't look to do anything wrong in the mini match?
Salah and Mane have been a bit off late, right? Madness that we didn't score at least two more with the chances we had.

Neco? He was better than previously, and had an assist for the goal so definitely positive. A few too many are going overboard with his praise tho as still got a massive question mark over him.

Defensively was better tho out of position a few times. Distribution was better but not great. Still got a long way to go I think but would now expect him to start against wolves.

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
So with all the injuries and setbacks, , with all the poor refereeing decisions against us in the PL...were sitting equal first in the PL and just topped the CL group with a round to spare.
Were doing ok me thinks.
And by the way, had it not been for the atrocious refereeing decisions in the PL we would be sitting in clear 1 st spot with a handy 4 point buffer. Just saying.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
So with all the injuries and setbacks, , with all the poor refereeing decisions against us in the PL...were sitting equal first in the PL and just topped the CL group with a round to spare.
Were doing ok me thinks.
And by the way, had it not been for the atrocious refereeing decisions in the PL we would be sitting in clear 1 st spot with a handy 4 point buffer. Just saying.
It's quite remarkable the position we're in considering what's happened. Incredible from this team.

Absolutely correct about the 4 point buffer. It's disenheartening knowing we've been cheated out of 4 points.

The Everton game there's absolutely no doubt we were robbed. Absolutely no doubt. Not only the VAR ruling against the goal, but also Pickford not being sent. Discraceful decisions.

Then this latest one. The offside VAR call, not offside. Then their penalty. The issue with their penalty is that when the ref goes to the screen it's supposed to be played to them in real time NOT slowed down. However, it was slowed down and clearly affects the decision. Slow anything down and you're going to see contact. This isn't just with Liverpool, but everytime they got to the screen. It's supposed to be in real time but for some reason they're slowing things down for them.

We stay on top at New Years and we'll canter the EPL. CL we'll see as it's only going to get harder ...

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Imagine if Ole had this run of injuries, the fraud would be in a relegation fight.
Thought they were already in a relegation fight? ;)

People will slag off Liverpool, and try to play down the injuries we've had but it's madness. Absolute madness. Yes, players get injuries. It's a part of football. But the injuries we've had?

Talk to any City supporter from last year and they'll point to the injury to Laporte as being the reason they didn't challenge for the title. One player. We lost the best CB in the world, his CB parter, the best RB in the world, the best GK in the world, the best CM in the world .... plus adding a whole host of other injured players. And let's not forget COVID!

And we're still top of the EPL having played Chelsea, Arsenal, Leicester, City, Everton, Villa (who were flying at that point) ...

Plus with all of these injuries we still finished on top of our group in the CL with a game in hand.

It's remarkable. But ... the United fan(s) will be in here soon to shout it down ;)

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Thought they were already in a relegation fight? ;)

People will slag off Liverpool, and try to play down the injuries we've had but it's madness. Absolute madness. Yes, players get injuries. It's a part of football. But the injuries we've had?

Talk to any City supporter from last year and they'll point to the injury to Laporte as being the reason they didn't challenge for the title. One player. We lost the best CB in the world, his CB parter, the best RB in the world, the best GK in the world, the best CM in the world .... plus adding a whole host of other injured players. And let's not forget COVID!

And we're still top of the EPL having played Chelsea, Arsenal, Leicester, City, Everton, Villa (who were flying at that point) ...

Plus with all of these injuries we still finished on top of our group in the CL with a game in hand.

It's remarkable. But ... the United fan(s) will be in here soon to shout it down ;)
Makes Ferguson’s texture even more impressive to keep United on top for nearly 3 decades
Absolutely astonishing

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Why is Alisson so injury prone?

Next week in the UCL we need to play the kids.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Makes Ferguson’s texture even more impressive to keep United on top for nearly 3 decades
Absolutely astonishing
Haha always got to be about you my friend. Always about you ...

Fergie was an incredible manager. As was Shankly. Paisely. etc. etc.

It's all the past though mate. Happy for you to live in your dreams, we're living them!

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Haha always got to be about you my friend. Always about you ...

Fergie was an incredible manager. As was Shankly. Paisely. etc. etc.

It's all the past though mate. Happy for you to live in your dreams, we're living them!
Paaalease, not even close to fergy

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Liverpool are now up to 11 reported injuries https://premierinjuries.com/injury-table.php…

The rest of the current top six in the league table have 12 between them.

Yeah, but but but ....

We're coming first with THAT!
I think klopp not managing his players injuries, training , and games burnout like a good manger should
He keeps flogging the same players, which you can only do for so many seasons before players start breaking down

The top managers thru out the years have always rotated thru their squad
Where klopp generally, if fit, trots out the same players and has done so for a while

Maybe he doesn’t trust many outside that 11-14 players
Who knows

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I think klopp not managing his players injuries, training , and games burnout like a good manger should
He keeps flogging the same players, which you can only do for so many seasons before players start breaking down

Where klopp generally, if fit, trots out the same players and has done so for a while

Who knows
True, if Klopp rotated more then Pickford wouldn't have snapped VVD's leg and Richarlison wouldn't have attempted murder on Thiago.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Who knows
Yeah ... nah.

I mean, when Klopp first started many talked about the intensity of trainings bringing about more injuries though that wasn't the case last year when we had so few ... so clearly your thesis in that Klopp is flogging the players too much can't be true.

Plays the same players? I think he's got favoured players, for sure. As every manager does. However, he definitely brings through youth a lot so I really can't see this as being true.

I think your view on this is pretty simple, and a clear attempt to wind us up but that's OK. I know you haven't watched the games, and it's clear by your comments you don't know what Klopp is like so I'm not taking you seriously.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Heard his making players train thru injuries that need resting
And the core group bit unsettled by it
Not sure his reasoning on that ?

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I heard that the team aren't training in the lead up to wolves?

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I heard that the team aren't training in the lead up to wolves?
Interesting? I ... I honestly don't know what to say about this.

Makes sense I guess? But I'd question whether he'd cancel it all considering how important he sees training? Though ... maybe he's listening to the sports science guys and thinking that'll it'll give his players the necessary rest? Thus a boost?

Where did you see that? Certainly interesting. I'd guess that he may be giving them extended time off but surely he'd have them train? We'll know soon enough I guess considering the constant updates from the trainings we have these days.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Gotta try harder than that mate. Jeez. Definitely gotta try harder than that. Well ... with me at least, and I expect I'm the ultimate target for your trolling? ;)