Soccer The Liverpool FC Super Thread

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I don't get it, Jota kills it at striker yet is pushed on to the right and is playing a predominantly defensive role? I'd prefer to play with the third midfielder and Klopp just to make a call on the front 3.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I don't get it, Jota kills it at striker yet is pushed on to the right and is playing a predominantly defensive role? I'd prefer to play with the third midfielder and Klopp just to make a call on the front 3.
It’s been working. Only thing is Mane is ruining the play at the end. Needs to be more clinical.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It’s been working. Only thing is Mane is ruining the play at the end. Needs to be more clinical.
Exactly. Complain as much as you want, we should be at least 1 if not 2 up. That opening 20 mins we absolutely destroyed them with the best attacking play i've seen from our side against such a top opposition in a very long time. We just needed to finish the chances which we didn't.

We get more clinical and we could run away with this game. Defensively Gini made that mistake to jump in after Mane jumped in and City scored. Other than that we've been pretty good.

Going to be a cracking second half

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Wouldn't say it's working...City have had just as many chances they've blown. Both teams are taking the exact same risks ATM.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Wouldn't say it's working...City have had just as many chances they've blown. Both teams are taking the exact same risks ATM.
HAd we taken those chances in the first 20 it would've been game over. We just didn't finish things off.

Didn't think CIty had that many chances tbh. They definitely came back in it, and looked more challenging but not on our level?

Anyway, we'll see how it pans out in the second half. Do agree that Jot has been very quiet this first half so hopefully he gets his chances the second?

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
We must be watching different games. We destroyed them with our pressing in the first 20-25 min and should’ve been up a few goals. Would’ve changed the game completely.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I stand by my call that all 7 reserves should be able to play.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
We must be watching different games. We destroyed them with our pressing in the first 20-25 min and should’ve been up a few goals. Would’ve changed the game completely.
Game goes for more than 25 minutes...in the end City had the better chances and should've won.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
1-1. So be it. Playing at City without Fabinho, VVD, Thiago. Centre back pairing together for the first time this year, with Matip not playing for 6+ weeks. Lose AA who's one of our most potent attackers.

Second half didn't live up to the first half but happy with that performance.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The game doesn't go for more than 25 minutes?
He doesnt want you to say city had better chances and should of won
He watches every game with with the same eyes......and there’s no way another team had better chances......
How dare you say that

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He doesnt want you to say city had better chances and should of won
He watches every game with with the same eyes......and there’s no way another team had better chances......
How dare you say that
Says the man who didn't even watch the United game but knew exactly how they played ;) lol hahaha good try though mate

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The game doesn't go for more than 25 minutes?
If we had taken the chances in the opening 25 like we should've it would've been an entirely different story.

That's what I'm saying. Remember Liverpool finished City a few times in the past in the first 25 mins in games where we ripped them apart and capitalised on our advantages. Had Sadio not screwed up a few decisions we would've been flying.

Not important as it's 1-1 but you can't ignore that either. Did City have the better chances? Idk if I'm honest. Thought we did alright and the draw is prob the fair result.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Not a good injury to Arnold it seems :(

"A scan will confirm the extent of the damage but it didn’t look good for Trent. [He] will be a big loss." Klopp

The fact we've got 17 point from the first 8 games with all the injuries, and bad calls against us is incredible. This season is like no other, and it's really going to be able the team that battles through the injuries, hardship, etc. et.

We're doing it. Onwards & upwards.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Says the man who didn't even watch the United game but knew exactly how they played ;) lol hahaha good try though mate
Says the bloke who watches every g,we with scouser googles on
Even ya mate said city had better chances and you can’t accept it...

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not a good injury to Arnold it seems :(

"A scan will confirm the extent of the damage but it didn’t look good for Trent. [He] will be a big loss." Klopp

The fact we've got 17 point from the first 8 games with all the injuries, and bad calls against us is incredible. This season is like no other, and it's really going to be able the team that battles through the injuries, hardship, etc. et.

We're doing it. Onwards & upwards.
Injuries and bad calls..... lol
So now your got injuries like every other team has copped for years and your sooking lololol
Hardships...... geez

Poor Liverpool players getting paid millions dealing with hardships..

Would ya get a listen to yourself

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Says the bloke who watches every g,we with scouser googles on
Even ya mate said city had better chances and you can’t accept it...
Mate. Come on. If you're going to wind me up then you need to try better. Haha

I've actually been bigging up United recently, and even gave you boys credit after your CL run and also Bruno's performance. Stop talking poo.

Sancho believes that City had better chances. I don't agree. It's nothing about 'Scouser goggles' (check the spelling) but how I saw it. City had all the ball but for me even though CIty dominated the ball the 2nd half they only had one clear chance. The header?

now back to your United page my friend lol

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Injuries and bad calls..... lol
So now your got injuries like every other team has copped for years and your sooking lololol
Hardships...... geez

Poor Liverpool players getting paid millions dealing with hardships..

Would ya get a listen to yourself
Haha coming from the man who bemoaned injuries all last year.

So did you go back and watch that United game where you said you boys were great without even watching the game?

How am I supposed to take you seriously my friend? You've been shown up as a blagger by doing that, and not coming back to me once you'd watched the game to agree with me about how average United were ...

Keep on trying though though mate. Keep on trying.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
One thing out of that though. Firmino needs a rest. We opened them up the first 25 mins, but he did very little.