Not open for further replies.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I didn't see your posts but it doesn't surprise me .
Hope you realised something about yourself there
Mainly to read posts a bit more thoroughly before responding.

Malla

Reaction score
All the best mate. Hopefully the Dogs can somehow WIN and made your last few months good for ya - cheers mate.

steve1700

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
For the people who saw my original shitty half cocked post but not my apology which was deleted (part of an argument)...i will repeat it coz i want anyone who read it to realize i had misread the thread and throught it was another im quitting the dogs/kennel thread. A few of those showed up in the last 24 hours after the loss.

i fkt up and deserved the abuse i got on face value of what i said. What i said though was based on a misunderstanding though. Sorry ppl. Dont delete this other mods.
I figured that out for myself you cant be that much of a **** i had to read twice i thought was another im leaving thread as well glad i read again

bringitontm

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Hey really meant it when he said 'the last post'. People are leaving the kennel in droves.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Mine looked pretty shitty but. Wish i had 4 hands to facepalm with lol.
Lol
I did that once with zee
I completely miss read what he said
I went off like a pork chop
Then re read what he said
Lucky for me, I avoided the embarrassment
I edited my post before anyone read it.

Would have been embarrassing if I didn't read back over it haha

sillymaddog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I've followed the Bulldogs since 1962; that is 55 seasons. And bloody hell, there have been plenty of lows but they were eclipsed by the highs. It was reading Papa Het's post: "A large proportion of once loyal fans have given up on the team". Having read it through I thought "Yeah. Fuck it. I'm outta here".

There are two reasons for this.

The first is that I'm totally fed up with the ad nauseam display of tonight's error ridden incompetence from a side coached by a one syllable moron, plus the low life refereeing. The second is that I have terminal cancer and according to the experts I'll be at the checkout around October this year.

Its not the cancer I'm bitching about, I've copped that sweet. But Geez, I need more than the Bulldogs to bring positives into my life and I discovered that its not the Aussie cricket team either. Maybe I'll take on my wife at ping pong.

So farewell and all the best to you Kennelers who are left. We may yet see a modern miracle with the Bulldogs raising the Provan-Summons Trophy on Grand Final day.:grinning:
[emoji24] [emoji24] [emoji24] [emoji24] [emoji24] [emoji24]
Fuk Izzy, feel for you bro.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Izzy mate,

Please keep posting as long as you can
We are here for you till the end

I hope the club knows about this
A loyal fan for so long deserves some gesture from the club

justdogs

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
For the people who saw my original shitty half cocked post but not my apology which was deleted (part of an argument)...i will repeat it coz i want anyone who read it to realize i had misread the thread and throught it was another im quitting the dogs/kennel thread. A few of those showed up in the last 24 hours after the loss.

i fkt up and deserved the abuse i got on face value of what i said. What i said though was based on a misunderstanding though. Sorry ppl. Dont delete this other mods.
you got us confuse that for a while, shit happens, all cool

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
My husband does not post here on the kennel but he does enjoy reading the posts and taking in the discussions from everyone. He has heard me talk of Assassin, SOH, Drop Bear, Trendsetter and so many others who have touched my heart and kept me coming back to the forum to read their thoughts and just to see how they are doing. So, as he picked me up from school this afternoon the first thing he said to me was " You need to go on the kennel when you get home because one of your mates who posts there is in a bad way. It is not good news, there is talk of last post and cancer and from someone who has been a fan of the club for just a few more years than you. Can't remember the name...."

I was not looking forward to reading this thread, nor learning the identity of the poster. When I saw that name Izzy Forreal, my head spun.

Izzy, I have always appreciated the input you have made to the kennel and your contribution to some very interesting and lively debates. Reading the messages from others here show that they feel the same and I am not lying when I say that I read your post and their responses with a tear in my eye. Like many, we have never met and it is hard to get a handle on someone as a person when you have never seen them face to face. The only connection we have is that of a footy team, something constant and important in out lives. I still like to think of those who post here as friends due to their love of the same footy team.

Absolutely devastating news to have been given and so many conflicting emotions must be going through you at the moment. Life is fleeting and precious and in some way we always hope that we can be bulletproof and ten foot tall, but that is not the way things work as you have so unfortunately found out.

You speak of the 55 years of support to the Bulldogs; a lifetime of highs and lows, the good and the bad the happy and the sad, but even now at this moment I reckon you still have the passion for the game even if you don't feel you do.

What you chose to do is entirely up to you and really none of us have the right to tell you how you should spend whatever time you have left. Your life, your rules, your choice. What I will say though and I am sure others will agree is that we hold you dear to our hearts and you will always be welcome to continue to post here about anything for as long as you chose and are able; the way you feel, the things you want to do, anything even if it is not about footy.

"Experts" are usually right, but they can also be wrong to an extent. Look at Assassin! Case in point.

As long as you feel able and as long as you have strength, don't give up on things. Everyday things like going for a walk, reading a book, seeing a movie give us a focus point that can give us much joy and satisfaction. Footy is not the end all and be all but it will still play a part in your life. Do what you like when you like, make some good new memories for the family.

You say that you are copping the cancer sweet, the acceptance phase of such things in life, meaning that you have gone through period of the diagnosis and the effect on you and your family, the next stage where you all come together to try and resolve things in a unified way and then onto the anger, guilt and sometimes even a resentment of the way things are going. Takes a special person to cope with that and takes a brave person to come out as you have with something so personal.

I wish you nothing less than peace and tranquillity, happiness and laughter. Keep close to family and friends and fight the good fight.

bulldogsfan_88

Left Right Out
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that man I really am!! Keep posting man cause it is gonna be a sweet sweet day come November 1 when you post here with a big screw you to cancer!!! Praying for you, have always appreciated your posts on here so keep it up

Last edited:

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
My husband does not post here on the kennel but he does enjoy reading the posts and taking in the discussions from everyone. He has heard me talk of Assassin, SOH, Drop Bear, Trendsetter and so many others who have touched my heart and kept me coming back to the forum to read their thoughts and just to see how they are doing. So, as he picked me up from school this afternoon the first thing he said to me was " You need to go on the kennel when you get home because one of your mates who posts there is in a bad way. It is not good news, there is talk of last post and cancer and from someone who has been a fan of the club for just a few more years than you. Can't remember the name...."

I was not looking forward to reading this thread, nor learning the identity of the poster. When I saw that name Izzy Forreal, my head spun.

Izzy, I have always appreciated the input you have made to the kennel and your contribution to some very interesting and lively debates. Reading the messages from others here show that they feel the same and I am not lying when I say that I read your post and their responses with a tear in my eye. Like many, we have never met and it is hard to get a handle on someone as a person when you have never seen them face to face. The only connection we have is that of a footy team, something constant and important in out lives. I still like to think of those who post here as friends due to their love of the same footy team.

Absolutely devastating news to have been given and so many conflicting emotions must be going through you at the moment. Life is fleeting and precious and in some way we always hope that we can be bulletproof and ten foot tall, but that is not the way things work as you have so unfortunately found out.

You speak of the 55 years of support to the Bulldogs; a lifetime of highs and lows, the good and the bad the happy and the sad, but even now at this moment I reckon you still have the passion for the game even if you don't feel you do.

What you chose to do is entirely up to you and really none of us have the right to tell you how you should spend whatever time you have left. Your life, your rules, your choice. What I will say though and I am sure others will agree is that we hold you dear to our hearts and you will always be welcome to continue to post here about anything for as long as you chose and are able; the way you feel, the things you want to do, anything even if it is not about footy.

"Experts" are usually right, but they can also be wrong to an extent. Look at Assassin! Case in point.

As long as you feel able and as long as you have strength, don't give up on things. Everyday things like going for a walk, reading a book, seeing a movie give us a focus point that can give us much joy and satisfaction. Footy is not the end all and be all but it will still play a part in your life. Do what you like when you like, make some good new memories for the family.

You say that you are copping the cancer sweet, the acceptance phase of such things in life, meaning that you have gone through period of the diagnosis and the effect on you and your family, the next stage where you all come together to try and resolve things in a unified way and then onto the anger, guilt and sometimes even a resentment of the way things are going. Takes a special person to cope with that and takes a brave person to come out as you have with something so personal.

I wish you nothing less than peace and tranquillity, happiness and laughter. Keep close to family and friends and fight the good fight.
well said, just beautiful words.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

You have a gift

Brizdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
So sorry to hear Izzy. Keep fighting and god bless you brother.

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
im speechless izzy. i cant even fathom what you must be going through and nothing i can say will change the outcome. but please know we are all thinking of you and your posts have been nothing less than informative.

ive never met you before but we're all part of a family. the bulldogs and kennel family.

best wishes mate. hope its not the last we hear from you...

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score

In emotional times like this it needs a woman's touch to properly express the feelings flying around. Beautifully said.

Bozzo

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that Izzy. I've sent you a PM with some info. Hope it helps.
Wish you all the best... Stay positive.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Sorry to hear your news izzy, keep ur chin up mate and give it hell!!!
We're all behind you bud!

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Brother, thanks for sharing something so personal. I will keep you in my prayers. God Bless. With the Bulldogs, win or lose the jersey and memories you have of your team remain.

Status
Not open for further replies.