The Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
So sad to read this thread.. Like others I've always enjoyed reading your posts..so please keep doing so..as long as you can.. All my well wishes to you..

mearsey

panania raised
Reaction score
I've followed the Bulldogs since 1962; that is 55 seasons. And bloody hell, there have been plenty of lows but they were eclipsed by the highs. It was reading Papa Het's post: "A large proportion of once loyal fans have given up on the team". Having read it through I thought "Yeah. Fuck it. I'm outta here".

There are two reasons for this.

The first is that I'm totally fed up with the ad nauseam display of tonight's error ridden incompetence from a side coached by a one syllable moron, plus the low life refereeing. The second is that I have terminal cancer and according to the experts I'll be at the checkout around October this year.

Its not the cancer I'm bitching about, I've copped that sweet. But Geez, I need more than the Bulldogs to bring positives into my life and I discovered that its not the Aussie cricket team either. Maybe I'll take on my wife at ping pong.

So farewell and all the best to you Kennelers who are left. We may yet see a modern miracle with the Bulldogs raising the Provan-Summons Trophy on Grand Final day.:grinning:
Hey Izzy , Oh brother , when we think we are doing it tough the dreaded C word appears , Im so so so sorry mate . Fuck . I dont know what else to say

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I was sitting reading all about our woes here on the kennel and I cast my mind back to this thread. So sad when I read the initial post and more so when I read of the timeline given to Izzy.Wondering if anyone knows how Izzy is doing? Ours pale in comparison to his.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
I was sitting reading all about our woes here on the kennel and I cast my mind back to this thread. So sad when I read the initial post and more so when I read of the timeline given to Izzy.Wondering if anyone knows how Izzy is doing? Ours pale in comparison to his.
Same I wonder if anyone has heard or knows anything about how izzy is.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Our mate Izzy is most certainly still around it seems.

"Izzy Forreal was last seen: Viewing thread The Last Post, 50 minutes ago"

Hope things are staying positive, and wishing for a miracle mate!

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Izzy really glad to see the comments above. If you read this , it appears that on the information you gave us in your last visits here that you are certainly one tough hombre, a true bulldog. I wish you well and hope you make a real liar of those Drs mate and continue to power on for a long time to come...

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Hey Izzy, you don't have to reply but we still got your back brother.

I hope you're travelling well. More power to you brother.

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score

So... I've been caught in the act by "Mr Eye".

G;day everyone, first off a please accept a grateful "Thank you"for your responses to my original post. My wife Trisha was so touched by them she printed the lot and made sure everyone that called in read the lot.

You can't trust anyone these days; the bloody oncologist has given me another six months before I'm on the last train to Karksville so I sacked him. And now, after Friday's Boardroom Bullshit Bonanza when Darling Dessie wasn't sacked I've got the shits bad enough to come back. Now just digressing a bit lets look at Des at the Bulldogs:

Has he won a grand final? No.
Did we have a chance in the two we played? No. (against Souths both Hodko and JMoz had serious knee injuries)
When just making the eight did we look like going through to the GF? No.
Was our first grade squad ever, even with interchange, fit enough to plat the full 80 mins? No.
Have our forwards ever looked looked like dominating top four sides? No.
In the last five years have we ever had a near adequate kicking game? No.
Does our fitst grade side ever have the will to win? (ie the Bulldog spirit) No.

And what the fuck does Des get for all this? Yep... Big bucks for nothing

And just in case you haven't guessed it... I'm back!

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score

G;day everyone, first off a please accept a grateful "Thank you"for your responses to my original post. My wife Trisha was so touched by them she printed the lot and made sure everyone that called in read the lot.

You can't trust anyone these days; the bloody oncologist has given me another six months before I'm on the last train to Karksville so I sacked him. And now, after Friday's Boardroom Bullshit Bonanza when Darling Dessie wasn't sacked I've got the shits bad enough to come back. Now just digressing a bit lets look at Des at the Bulldogs:

Did we have a chance in the two we played? No. (against Souths both Hodko and JMoz had serious knee injuries)
Was our first grade squad ever, even with interchange, fit enough to plat the full 80 mins? No.
Does our fitst grade side ever have the will to win? (ie the Bulldog spirit) No.

Hey brother it's good to see you back and yes fuck des lol .
But in all honesty your health is more important than our so called Board members.

justdogs

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score

Good to have you back mate, trust doctors as much as we trust Des, hope you stay with us for good

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Welcome back Izzy.
Glad your with us for a little longer. Hopefully next time you go see the doctor he'll give you 10 years.
And yes I agree, fuck des.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Its unbelievable !! How the f does someone keep a 1.2 million dollar yet alienate the clientele , the workers , living legends on the board and at the same time produce nothing?

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Welcome back Izzy... great to have to back posting again.

Lets hope those doctors are wrong.. My grandfather got the same (he has terminal multiple myeloma)..

Us: How long do we (realistically) have with him?
Doctors: Could be 3 weeks, 3 months, 3 years, or longer... we just don't know!

We just take every week as it comes, and be grateful that it's another week we can tell him we love him.

Interestingly since he went on oxygen full time and came off his chemo, it's helped him dramatically.

You take good care of yourself mate!

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Wow! I am oh so glad that I checked back on this thread and that Mr I was on the ball . So wonderful to see a post from you!

You certainly are a tough one and I am sure that I would not be speaking out of turn in sending you all our love on behalf of everyone here ( from the boys ....not in a gay way of course!) and a great big Welcome back! Keep on defying the odds mate and even if it is not often let us know how you are holding up.( or just hop right back in a big way with some of those comments of yours that entertain us all.)

Rip in with that post; much !! Like you had never been away!

Can I please say that your wife has a beautiful name, much like someone I know:innocent::innocent:, lol.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

Good to see you back Izzy. Keep posting, we all like reading what you've got to say and look after yourself.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Welcome back mate,
In case you don't know, I changed my user name,
I use to be skippy,

All the best mate,

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Although we haven't spoken a lot Izzy, great to see you back on here contributing.

Best bit of positive news on TK and for some time mate.

Hope you continue to defy the odds...

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score

Great to see you back mate!

Very best wishes.

Status
Not open for further replies.