The Kennel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hodgo007

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can someone explain to me what the go with this forum is ?

I HATE the way that all the discussion about players is in one thread. Why can't we start threads and talk about a player with a particular incident whether it be good or bad ?

Its way too regimented. Heck if I want to be like that I'll join the army.

It looks lame and its turned me off this place. I understand that sometimes people get sidetracked and get off topic but its a forum. Not High school.

I use to enjoy coming in here and reading what the goings on was but its not worth it.

(END OF RANT)

Bry

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The threads were made more to talk about form/ performances. After the games each week there would be 47 threads started about certain players so we figured it was better to have a discussion thread about each player rather than people starting new threads all the time. Threads can be started about a particular incident, but if its more of the same old thing saying someone is ****/ should be in first grade it will be merged to the player's discussion thread.

Most people seem happy they don't have to sift through a million threads to find something.

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
Tip : Start your thread with "Thoughts about {insert players name here}", and you'll get away with breaking the rules !

Hodgo007

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tip : Start your thread with "Thoughts about {insert players name here}", and you'll get away with breaking the rules !
Romelo as an example ?

Nah there's enough Romelo threads.

Fair enough about the reasoning behind it. Don't agree with it and won't be here as much as before.

Dogs by 12

Ghost of Dime

Future1stGrader
Reaction score
I think there is, perhaps the sand in your vagina is the issue here

Hodgo007

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think there is, perhaps the sand in your vagina is the issue here
*yawn* good to see you are original.....

Are you telling me that the forum is better the way it is ?

I disagree and couldn't understand why it looked/went this way. Wonder why I don't bother with knob-ends like yourself around here.

Deadset.

ByRd

DOGGIE ARMY
Reaction score
I sorta agree, the discussion is not like it once was and there's no point writing in player threads that are pages long cause it all gets lost but meh, this site has been on the slide for a while.

SaMi..

SaMi..
Reaction score
To an extent i agree with you, say you were to discuss on a players say... night club fight in his "own thread", but he's been performing on the field this season. Coming into a thread where everybody is speaking about how good he's going this year, to mention something about the night club fight outta nowhere would stop other kennelers talking about the players performance and then start talking about the night club incident.

That's just me but..

Bry

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
To an extent i agree with you, say you were to discuss on a players say... night club fight in his "own thread", but he's been performing on the field this season. Coming into a thread where everybody is speaking about how good he's going this year, to mention something about the night club fight outta nowhere would stop other kennelers talking about the players performance and then start talking about the night club incident.

That's just me but..
Things like that would be in a separate thread though Sami. The threads were made to stop every noob (mainly) starting a new thread about 7 different players each week after the game was over. People can see the discussion thread and add their 2 cents into that thread. News articles are still separate to the discussion threads in Bulldogs News. They won't be merged into the discussion thread.

terrylamb4lyfe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i honestly glaze over those player threads and any other merged threads. who honestly can be ****ing bothered keeping up to date with them? id much prefer a specific topical thread about a player than have to back read.

people should be able to create a thread if they desire, and if its spam or repitition the mods should just strait up delete it. the mish mash of topics in a single thread that spans a season is annoying.

meh, not like it will change but it sucks imo.

luke

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Can't please everyone, but imo there is a lot less crap then previous years because us mods dont have to clean up a thousand crap threads, compared to most other team forums tk is well ahead.

BankstownBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can someone explain to me what the go with this forum is ?

I HATE the way that all the discussion about players is in one thread. Why can't we start threads and talk about a player with a particular incident whether it be good or bad ?

Its way too regimented. Heck if I want to be like that I'll join the army.

It looks lame and its turned me off this place. I understand that sometimes people get sidetracked and get off topic but its a forum. Not High school.

I use to enjoy coming in here and reading what the goings on was but its not worth it.

(END OF RANT)
I must say Hodgo that I can agree with you on this.

It once was more to the point and you could easily choose your discussion.

Now if I enter a Trent Hodkinson thread per say I end up sifting through 8 pages of ***** between the former first grader and bulldogs 09 before I can establish an argument.

I respect the fact that mods have tried to simplify things but I guess it has made it harder to attack the problem at hand at times.

On another note..

Please bring back your tips mate haha.

For a while there you was hitting the mark atleast every other tip you gave!

I've been having a shocker for as long as I care to remember.

Bring back Hodgo's specials!

VAI

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
balls to the chin :D

Can't please everyone
there is a lot less crap then previous years because us mods dont have to clean up a thousand crap threads
compared to most other team forums tk is well ahead.
absolutely 100% correct. every single word

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I recall lots of posters complaining about having too many threads about the same topic / player. It's mayhem in the main discussion area, especially after a loss.

The mods took that onboard and made a decision to merge the threads. I do see hodgo's point though, there's no point sifting through pages of crap, attempting to follow a discussion.

The Kennel is not for everyone, and that's to be expected. If you think you can help contribute and improve the forums, you are free to post your suggestions in the appropriate forum or sign up as a volunteer content manager, or express your interest in becoming a moderator. The mods value your feedback and input.

Ofcourse, it's alot easier to complain about something without offering a meaningful solution.

BankstownBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Haha too right Habib.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Unfortunately you can't please everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.