Soccer The Gunners Super Thread

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
What's the chance of us snapping up Vidal, especially now we have Alexis?
Oi piss off, you guys have tons of quality midfielders.. besides, Khedira is imminent my friends ;)

Plus, Vidal is being offered crazy wages at Man United, around £230,000/week

Vidal is going to united for 40 million apparently
The deal is imminent, but I'm trying my hardest not to get caught up in all this until it's announced by the club..

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Last I heard was you guys offered him 40 mill and apparently we offered 44 mill.

PS would love Khedira to partner up with Özil, just waiting for official confirmation before jumping for joy lol

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
Last I heard was you guys offered him 40 mill and apparently we offered 44 mill.

PS would love Khedira to partner up with Özil, just waiting for official confirmation before jumping for joy lol
Comes down to player preference where he wants to go if both bids were accepted, which manager he wants to work with and how much he'll be paid is important

We're tossing in Evra for Juve as part of the deal and if needed, we can always toss in another player they've been chasing for a while and that's Nani

Dogandgunner

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sky sports saying Debuchy is all but done, had his medical etc, Newcastle want to sign a replacement RB before signing off on the Debuchy transfer.Daryl Janmaat is the player they want to sign before Friday when they go on tour in NZ

Dogandgunner

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Newcastle are hopeful of signing Daryl Janmaat, which would trigger the transfer of Mathieu Debuchy to Arsenal, according to Sky sources.

The Magpies are desperate to secure some new faces before they head off to New Zealand on Friday for their pre-season tour.

However, as with France midfielder Remy Cabella, Janmaat would not travel Down Under due to his particpation in the World Cup finals with Holland.

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has already signed Alexis Sanchez but has been forced to wait to finalise a deal for defender Debuchy with Newcastle holding off as they search a replacement.

And, according to Sky sources, it appears the delay for Wenger could be over with officials at Newcastle and Feyenoord continuing discussions over the Dutch right-back.

Newcastle have now agreed a deal for Janmaat and the player is expected to have his medical on Tyneside on Tuesday.

The St James' Park club are also hoping to secure the acquisition of Monaco striker Emmanuel Riviere for a reported fee of £6m.

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
Apparently the only thing holding back the Khedira signing is his weekly wage demand.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
Apparently the only thing holding back the Khedira signing is his weekly wage demand.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
That is the only thing that's stalling the deal, he reportedly wants £150,000/week which would make him your highest paid player at the club

Dogandgunner

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Newcastle have confirmed Dayrl Janmaat signing, Debuchy should be anounced soon hopefully.

Tank

Salute It!
Reaction score
Sweet, now we just have to wrap up Sami boy.
We might've hit a snag with that...

Arsenal look set to END their interest in Sami Khedira following the World Cup-winning midfielder’s demand to become the club’s best-paid player.
Arsene Wenger wants to make the £23.5million Germany superstar his second major signing of the window following the £33m capture of Alexis Sanchez last week.

But, even though Khedira has just a year left on his contract at Real Madrid, the Gunners are not willing to be held to ransom by his demands for £150,000-a-week before bonuses.

The salary would lift the 27-year-old - who has so far rejected a new deal at the European champions - above the likes of Sanchez and Mesut Ozil, both of whom are on around £130,000-a-week.

Dogandgunner

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Papers in England keep chopping and changing, 1 will say we are signing Khedira the 2nd says Chelsea are in the box seat..if its wages he is concerned about surely he will take a slight pay cut to play for Arsenal he obviously wants to play with our German lads