Soccer The Gunners Super Thread

Tank

Salute It!
Reaction score
Because AM fluked a title?
Well in that case, good luck to him finding another fluke title there... Costa's off to Chelsea, and I can't see them reaching any dizzy heights after this season.

Anyways... I'm pretty sure Santi's sticking with us. Remember how those reports came out quoting Suarez saying he badly wants to join Arsenal?

And where did that end up? Dead in the water. So I don't buy it.

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Well in that case, good luck to him finding another fluke title there... Costa's off to Chelsea, and I can't see them reaching any dizzy heights after this season.

Anyways... I'm pretty sure Santi's sticking with us. Remember how those reports came out quoting Suarez saying he badly wants to join Arsenal?

Those reports on Suarez were true. Liverpool refused to sell to us, even admitted that indeed we met the buyout clause.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score

Yeah I don't believe anything until it happens. Especially when it comes to our Gunners.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
More rumours...

Arsenal could be set to miss out on striker Alvaro Morata after Wolfsburg submitted a £15.9m offer for the Real Madrid 21-year-old. (The Independent)

Athletic Bilbao are interested in a cut-price move for Spanish defender Nacho Monreal, 28, who joined Arsenal for £8m in 2013. (Daily Express)

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
You can smell a bullshit rumour from a mile away.. the Daily Mirror reporting Arsenal want Tom f*cking-5m-sideway-passes Cleverley in an exchange deal for Thomas Vermaelen

Man United should pay anybody willing to take Tom Cleverley :roflol:

Tank

Salute It!
Reaction score
Ok, so let's assume some of these so-called "rumours" have an inkling of truth about them, and we look at where we stand with our current roster and transfer movements.

Sagna's as good as gone.
Cazorla's off to Atletico.
We turn down Fabregas.
We lose Vermaelen to United.
But now we're almost a sure thing to pick up fking Cleverley and Smalling???

Is it just me? or is there something seriously fkd up about our ambitions to strengthen this squad??? Do we even have any?

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
No point getting caught up in rumours. Wenger may not have signed a striker when we needed one (to his credit he did try with both Suarez and Ba) but aside from that he did everything right. Minimal injuries we were 8 points clear on the top... Who knows what could have happened

I trust him enough to know he isn't going to make brain dead decisions

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
If you believe the rumours, Balotelli is all but signed to Arsenal.

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Not official until he is in a Arsenal shirt. So won't get caught up in it just yet.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Definitely.

Man, some of the rumours I've heard... damn.

Tank

Salute It!
Reaction score
Well that's what gives me the shits.

The minute some player is rumoured to sign with Chelsea, it actually happens (Willian, Eto'o, ... the list goes on).

But when a quality player is linked to Arsenal, it's usually bullshit and they end up at Chelsea anyway.

Fabregas and Diego Costa are prime examples. I'm just amazed they didn't get Higuain and Ozil last season...

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Higuain was super close to joining if the papers are to be believed.

Tank

Salute It!
Reaction score
The latest talk to emerge from the World Cup is that now Higuain wants to join his compatriot Messi at Barca...

So much for wanting to emulate Maradona's former heroics at Napoli ... lol

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
AC Milan could slash Mario Balotelli asking price if Arsenal part with Costa Rica star Joel*Campbell

AC Milan could lower their £27m asking price for Mario Balotelli if Arsenal are willing to send Joel Campbell in the opposite direction, according to reports in Italy.
Tuttosport suggest the Rossoneri are keen on the Gunners’ Costa Rican striker who spent last season on loan with Greek side Olympiakos, scoring against Manchester United in the Champions League.
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger, however, has already stated his intention to give Campbell a chance at the Emirates next season.
‘He will definitely come back to us for pre-season,’ the Arsenal manager said earlier this week. ‘He is maturing well.’

The 21-year-old impressed for Costa Rica during their opening Group D victory over Uruguay on Saturday and is believed to be viewed as a good alternative for the outgoing Balotelli.
But a cut-price deal for the Italian may suit Wenger, who could then put the extra funds towards strengthening other areas of his squad.

http://metro.co.uk/2014/06/19/ac-mi...t-with-costa-rica-star-joel-campbell-4767803/

Not sure I want Joel Campbell sent on loan again. In fact, I know I want him part of our squad next year. Forget the slash price, pay what is required and secure both. With Girroud they will form great competition for the striker role.

Joel can also play across the front line, so provides good cover. Send Sanogo on loan to another EPL team for week to week experience.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Yeah bro I agree with you, pay full price and keep Joel.

We have 100mill to spend ffs.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Ok boys, Balotelli or Benzema?

Benzema for me.