Soccer The Gunners Super Thread

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
Just like last season when they started shooting their mouth off a few rounds too early, claiming they are no longer second to us lol

doggies 4 life

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
viviano from palermo to sign a loan deal on deadline day, strong rumour that real madrid have accepted a bid from arsenal for ozil for 42-45 mil hope this is true.

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
Arsene was quoted as saying we should expect a nice surprise by 11o'clock their time

ps also funny, was his little shot at Spurs when he said once we sign them you should expect an announcement straight away :p

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
Arsenal have agreed a deal with Italian second division side Palermo to sign goalkeeper Emiliano Viviano.
http://metro.co.uk/2013/09/01/arsen...keeper-emiliano-viviano-from-palermo-3945134/

The 27-year-old is a long-term target for manager Arsene Wenger, having almost joined the Gunners 12 months ago, only for the deal to collapse at the last minute.

However, after Wenger failed to land the Valencia shot-stopper Vicente Guaita last week, attention has turned to Viviano, with the player asking to leave Palermo at the end of last season.

MORE: Arsene Wenger says Arsenal want new signings but will not panic buy

MORE: The lowdown on Emiliano Viviano

In the market: Wenger hopes the deal will be done shortly (Picture: Getty)
Viviano, who has six caps for Italy, spent last term on-loan at Serie A outfit Fiorentina – where he made 32 appearances and largely impressed.

He is due in London for a medical before Monday’s transfer deadline, with Arsenal set to sign him on a season-long loan with a view to a permanent deal.

Viviano will add competition to the likes of Wojciech Szczesny and Lukasz Fabianski, both of whom have struggled to cement the number one jersey in recent weeks.

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
Arsene Wenger has stepped up his pursuit of the German playmaker, who has fallen down the Bernabeu pecking order, and hopes to complete a spectacular deal on deadline day

Arsenal are in advanced talks with Real Madrid to sign Mesut Ozil for €47 million.
High-level discussions have been held between the clubs in recent days and Arsene Wenger is increasingly hopeful that a sensational late move for the Germany international can be completed before Monday night’s transfer deadline.

The Gunners, who could face competition from Paris St-Germain, are battling to complete the deal in what promises to be a frantic final 24 hours of the window.
Wenger is targeting at least three new signings on deadline day as he tries to make amends for what has been a frustrating summer of transfer activity for the club.

Arsenal have reached an agreement with Palermo to sign goalkeeper Emiliano Vivano on a season-long loan, with the Italian heading to London on Sunday night to discuss personal terms and undertake a medical.

Wenger is also working on a third deal as he seeks to strengthen a squad that has been severely weakened both by injury and high-profile departures in the past two summers.

Despite working with a transfer budget of up to €117m, Wenger has suffered repeated frustration in the transfer market this summer and is yet to make a cash signing.

The Frenchman’s priority has been to add a proven striker to the ranks but two bids for Luis Suarez were rejected by Liverpool, while moves for Gonzalo Higuain, Wayne Rooney and Karim Benzema have all been unsuccessful.
Wenger turned his attention to Real Madrid’s battery of elite attackers after it became increasingly clear that Bale was set for a world-record €100m move to Spain.

The Gunners tabled a €30m bid for Angel Di Maria last week but the player has begun the season in impressive form and is reluctant to cut his ties with the Bernabeu.

However, Ozil was left on the bench for Real’s 3-1 win earlier on Sunday after being substituted during the 1-0 win at Granada six days previously, which he reacted to by storming down the tunnel and onto the team bus.

Asked about overlooking Ozil in favour of Di Maria on Sunday, Ancelotti said: “It’s to be expected that he’s not happy. I don’t like players who are happy to be on the bench. It was a football decision to play Di María, who is playing well and with great intensity".

Arsenal have been given encouragement that Real are willing to off-load the 24-year-old playmaker as they prepare to trim costs and free up space in the team for Gareth Bale.

Ozil has been a fixture in the Real team, usually playing in the No10 role behind the centre-forward, since moving from Werder Bream in the summer of 2010. He has also won 47 caps for the Germany national team.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Haha. And the domination continues.

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
This time tomorrow… it’s either going to be a happy thread or a very ugly one lol

What’s your gut feel?

Almobro

Gunner
Reaction score
What a game that was, hmm i honestly have hopes that we can get Ozil. However we still need a CDM and a rotation striker like Ba.

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
What a game that was, hmm i honestly have hopes that we can get Ozil. However we still need a CDM and a rotation striker like Ba.
Wouldn’t have done Arsene’s recruitment any harm. We are a real threat, and players who already have millions and millions of dollars, want one thing… trophies

I’m fairly confident we’ll get Ozil. I’m hoping we can secure EITHER Di Maria or Benzema as well from the Real deal AND either Ba or Cabaye as an added bonus

I hope anyway, fingers crossed :(

Almobro

Gunner
Reaction score
Wouldn’t have done Arsene’s recruitment any harm. We are a real threat, and players who already have millions and millions of dollars, want one thing… trophies

I’m fairly confident we’ll get Ozil. I’m hoping we can secure EITHER Di Maria or Benzema as well from the Real deal AND either Ba or Cabaye as an added bonus

I hope anyway, fingers crossed :(
Thats true, Flamini was a very good signing to have after jack came off. Was actually hoping for Di Maria and Ozil even though we mainly need another striker, apparently RM made a bid for Suarez and i doubt Benzema would want to play seconds behind someone.

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
There is no doubting the ability of our starting 11. However, depth is the key and to avoid injuries, rotation of players is required.

I think the following are possible: Demba Ba, Ozil, Di Maria. I don't think we will get Benzema but that would be a top signing,

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
Thats true, Flamini was a very good signing to have after jack came off. Was actually hoping for Di Maria and Ozil even though we mainly need another striker, apparently RM made a bid for Suarez and i doubt Benzema would want to play seconds behind someone.
Flamini was good, I think he and Arteta will give us a really stable rotation at the back throughout the year.

Striker options are fairly light, I think Wenger may keep Giroud as the sole striker or maybe give Walcott some time up front cause he was begging for it last year.

He may have that luxury after this transfer window…MAY

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
A bit of weight behind it, unlike some of the others to be fair

Demba Ba a target for Arsenal after Chelsea say he can leave Stamford Bridge

Arsenal are interested in making a deadline day move for Chelsea striker Demba Ba as Arsene Wenger looks to add a goalscorer to his squad before the window shuts.

Stamford Bridge surplus: Chelsea striker Demba Ba could be moving to north London tomorrow Photo: GETTY IMAGES
Ba has been told he can leave Chelsea following the arrival of Samuel Et’o, less than nine months after he arrived at Stamford Bridge in a £7m move from Newcastle.
Newcastle had looked into the possibility of re-signing the 28-year-old, but were put off when they were quoted a fee of £3m just to loan him for a season.
Newcastle can no longer match the player’s wage demands as Ba earns around £80,000-a-week at Chelsea, but Arsenal have a budget that could comfortably take on those personal terms and they could even sign the Senegal international on a permanent basis.
Although Ba would not be the superstar name Arsenal fans have hoped for this summer, he is a proven Premier League goalscorer.
Ba has been prolific with both West Ham and Newcastle since he first arrived in England from Hoffenheim in Germany back in January 2011.
Related ArticleHe also scored some important goals for Chelsea last season, but does not fit into Jose Mourinho’s plans as Romelu Lukaku has returned from a productive loan spell at West Bromwich Albion and is expected to be regularly involved with the first team.

Almobro

Gunner
Reaction score
Flamini was good, I think he and Arteta will give us a really stable rotation at the back throughout the year.

Striker options are fairly light, I think Wenger may keep Giroud as the sole striker or maybe give Walcott some time up front cause he was begging for it last year.

He may have that luxury after this transfer window…MAY
How long until we get Arteta back? Thought we would really struggle without him.

Completely forgot about playing Walcott upfront, but if he or Giroud pick up an injury then we are totally screwed attacking wise. Hopefully we can snap up Ba, have always liked him.

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
Few more weeks I think...

Yeah. Giroud, Sanogo and possibly Walcott and Podolski (as addition) are our only real forward options. Ba would be a great signing IMO

Midfield is flodded with talent, Ozil would just add that title winning quality to in form Ramsay, Jack, Santi, Diaby, Podolski etc

*fingers crossed

Last edited by a moderator:

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Ba would be a good signing. What we need given we can't pick up a mega star. Also good to seed Girroud continue his goal scoring form.

You are right about Ozil. But he will certainly give us far greater penetration from mid field.

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
Put it this way,

We have 1 inform Goalie – so we are after Viviano
We have 1 inform forward – so chasing a player like Ba makes sense

Ozil would be a VERY welcome addition especially for those BIG games. They will be the difference between a title and a Top 4 finish

A Suarez type forward AND an Ozil type midfielder is the difference between competing in the Champions League and being a REAL threat.

If we can get one of the two now, and back Giroud’s great from up with Ba. I would say that’s a very good transfer window outcome. Win a title, show some real form, and the Suarez type forwards will come much easier, but you need to start somewhere. I hope Wenger realises this and SPENDS to ensure we get Ozil at the very least