Soccer The Gunners Super Thread

The BEAR

ROAR talent
Reaction score
If he maintains his EPL form, RVP will kill it @ Euro. He had a forgettable world cup in South Africa, so he'll be looking to be firing for the Dutch this time round.

Darbas

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hopefully he does have a big tournament. He has been in good form for country of late aswell so hopefully he can continue that form.

Also hope we can have a couple of signings for him to be introduced to when he returns. May sweeten the deal for him to re-sign.

Few rumours linked to Arsenal:

Vertonghen looks like he may be signing with Tottenham.

M'Vila will decide on his future within the next week, but has told Rennes he will be leaving. Between us and Inter.

Fiorentina have apparently offered a player swap between Chamakh and Adem Ljajic. Surely too good to refuse for us.

May make a move for Dembele from Fulham.

Chelsea have given Arsenal till the end of the week to make a decision on whether or not to sign Benayoun permanently.

Last edited by a moderator:

Almobro

Gunner
Reaction score
Hopefully he does have a big tournament. He has been in good form for country of late aswell so hopefully he can continue that form.

Also hope we can have a couple of signings for him to be introduced to when he returns. May sweeten the deal for him to re-sign.

Few rumours linked to Arsenal:

Vertonghen looks like he may be signing with Tottenham. Meh

M'Vila will decide on his future within the next week, but has told Rennes he will be leaving. Between us and Inter. Good News

Fiorentina have apparently offered a player swap between Chamakh and Adem Ljajic. Surely too good to refuse for us. Have to accept

May make a move for Dembele from Fulham. Meh

Chelsea have given Arsenal till the end of the week to make a decision on whether or not to sign Benayoun permanently. Sign him.

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
M'Villa has had some off field indescretions which may put us off. I would like it to happen, but don't think it will.

Vertonghen would be a great addition to the team. With the Spurs losing 30mil pounds by missing out on CL, we are still a chance.

Agree on Benayoun. Sign him. 1 mil pound transfer is chicken feed.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
1 Million would be an absolute bargain. He's been very handy for us. and even though it rains AM's at the Emirates, I hope we keep him. Is Song our only DM at the club?

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
1 Million would be an absolute bargain. He's been very handy for us. and even though it rains AM's at the Emirates, I hope we keep him. Is Song our only DM at the club?
We also have Frimpong and Coquelin can fill this position as well. Frimpong has stated he would love to stay at Arsenal as he has been there since 9, but will go where ever he can get 1st team exposure. Passionate kid. Coquelin has shown enough to suggest he will be a good squad player.

We need to trim our squad and reward our top players more. Arsenal are 4th in terms of player wages yet out top player was capped at 90k. Tells me we pay our fringe and reserves too much.

Back on Benayoun, he was more valuable than Gervinho who we forked out 10m for.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Man, we have weird luck with strikers. Chamakh was close to the form striker in the EPL when we first bought him and then fell to sht. Gervinho was very solid up front and he, too, fell to sht.

Makes me a bit edgy about Podolski despite his reputation.

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Man, we have weird luck with strikers. Chamakh was close to the form striker in the EPL when we first bought him and then fell to sht. Gervinho was very solid up front and he, too, fell to sht.

Makes me a bit edgy about Podolski despite his reputation.
Lol. Agree sadly.

Chamakh doesn't suit the Arsenal formation, which is set in stone under Wenger regardless of our opponents. Prefers a 2 striker formation. He also had an inform Nasri feeding him.

Gervinho needs to back himself more. I am more confident with Podolski.

The BEAR

ROAR talent
Reaction score
Arshavin was in fine form a couple of years back. Then he joined Arsenal... Then he turned to sht lol

Darbas

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wonder what will come of Myaichi, Campbell and Wellington this season.

Bolton have expressed interest in loaning Ryo for the season again. Campbell feels he may be ready for a season at Arsenal. Wellington looks the most likely of the three to fail at the moment. Attitude seems very poor and has already had a falling out with one team he was loaned to.

The BEAR

ROAR talent
Reaction score
A flash in the pan.

Perhaps he became homesick which is why he's playing somewhat better nowadays for Zenit and Russia

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
Arsenal are targeting Oliver Giroud as a replacement for Robin Van Persie if RVP chooses to leave the club after his Euro 2012 campaign.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
A flash in the pan.

Perhaps he became homesick which is why he's playing somewhat better nowadays for Zenit and Russia
No, the problem for Arshavin was that he didnt consider Arsenal as a big club for him. If Barca, Real or even Man Utd came knocking on the door for him he would have jumped ship straight away.

Darbas

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
*sigh*

It's gonna be another one of those transfer windows...

Arsenal have switched attention to Toulouse's Etienne Capoue. (cheaper alternative to M'Vila)

Why do I get my hopes up every transfer window?

Seems like a back up option, if M'Vila deal falls through, but why not go all out to secure players we WANT rather than settle for what is second best?

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
M'Villa has had off field dramas. Hence Wenger is having second thoughts.

Benny77

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I dont know why you get your hopes with all the rumours about player transfers at Arsenal, as i always say, Ill believe when i see them holding an Arsenal jersey and their name on the back

Darbas

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not expecting either of these to happen but just passing on rumours.

- Arsenal have entered the battle to win Eden Hazard's signature. The Gunners are ready to meet Lilles valuation of the player. (Times)

- According to French media, Arsenal have made contact with Montepellier over Oliver Giroud. Reported offer is €8m plus Chamakh.

Not directly Arsenal related but could be if RvP leaves:

-Newcastle could lose Demba Ba this summer as they refuse to renegotiate the terms of his contract to remove a £7m release clause.

P

Paint.

Arsenal have joined the race to sign Lille attacker Eden Hazard, 21, and are willing to splash the £30m that they had set aside for Borussia Dortmund's Mario Gotze before he opted to stay with the German champions.