Soccer The Gunners Super Thread

Darbas

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
RVP's manager in talks with Man City.
Can't see him at any other premier league team tbh. IF he leaves it will be to Real or Barca. Supposed to have a meeting with Wenger in the next day or two, so we should know more soon.

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Going off his wife's comments, re being settled in London, kids school, family happy, respect from Arsenal club etc...

I think he will remain but will want to get the best $$$ from us and assurances regarding playing roster.

I truly feel the return of Wilshere, acquisition of Podolski, another world class CB and Mid, we will be up there competing for trophies.

With the improvement of Ox, Walcott has matured, Rio to return to us and will provide depth. I am feeling confident about next year. All based on retaining RVP.

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Nasri mouthing off and goading gooners to celebrate their 3rd place finish while he celebrates collecting a premier league medal. All class Nasri. Your 5 goals went a long way to City winning you **** tosser!

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
Samir Nasri has taken a swipe at his critics from Arsenal after winning the Premier League in his first season with Manchester City.

The Frenchman rejected a new deal with the Gunners to join City in a £24m deal last summer, prompting accusations that he was a mercenary.

But the 24-year-old feels his decision has now been vindicated after picking up his first piece of silverware since arriving in England in 2008.

"People at Arsenal tried to make out that I came here for the money," Nasri told French TV station TF1. "I hope they are watching me now collecting my Premier League winner's medal.

"I believe they have not won a trophy for many seasons now. If all that I was interested in was money, the easiest decision would have been to stay at Arsenal, picking up my money every week and walking into the team.

"There are many people doing this right now at Arsenal. I made the hard choice to come and fight for my place at a big club, where they never settle for second best, and I have proved it correct.

"I now hope the Arsenal fans can get on with their lives and forget me, they should celebrate their third-place achievement and I will focus on winning titles."

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Well if you just dropped into this planet you would be forgiven for believing that City have had a mortgage over the EPL. If he is right, about City not settling for 2nd best, he will be on loan within the tenure of his current contact.

Benny77

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Your name is now getting mentioned as the worst buy of the season in some media circles! The next Adebayor will be Na$ri once Hazard comes into the squad, he will get more medals.... winning the FA Cup in reserves

Tha DoggFather

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Now Chelsea won the CL, does that mean we lose our auto entry and have to qualify?

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
No. Automatic for top 3 EPL sides. Chelsea as Champions qualify through a different stream. 4th side Spurs miss out as a consequence.

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Premier_League

An exception to the usual European qualification system happened in 2005, after Liverpool won the Champions League the year before, but did not finish in a Champions League qualification place in the Premier League that season. UEFA gave special dispensation for Liverpool to enter the Champions League, giving England five qualifiers.[31] UEFA subsequently ruled that the defending champions qualify for the competition the following year regardless of their domestic league placing. However, for those leagues with four entrants in the Champions League, this means that if the Champions League winner falls outside of its domestic league's top four, it will qualify at the expense of the fourth-placed team in the league. No association can have more than four entrants in the Champions League.[32]

Darbas

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Premier_League

An exception to the usual European qualification system happened in 2005, after Liverpool won the Champions League the year before, but did not finish in a Champions League qualification place in the Premier League that season. UEFA gave special dispensation for Liverpool to enter the Champions League, giving England five qualifiers.[31] UEFA subsequently ruled that the defending champions qualify for the competition the following year regardless of their domestic league placing. However, for those leagues with four entrants in the Champions League, this means that if the Champions League winner falls outside of its domestic league's top four, it will qualify at the expense of the fourth-placed team in the league. No association can have more than four entrants in the Champions League.[32]
Where does it say we don't have to qualify though?

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Where does it say we don't have to qualify though?
Top 3 teams qualify. Chelsea take the spot of the 4th team. But because they are the defending champions, they go straight through as well.

Wilshere was supporting Chelsea in this game so that the Spurs miss out. If it meant Arsenal would miss their auto entry, I don't think he would hav been supporting Chelsea. And their has not been any news of impact on Arsenal because of Chelsea's win, because there is none.

A little confusing I grant you.

Darbas

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Top 3 teams qualify. Chelsea take the spot of the 4th team. But because they are the defending champions, they go straight through as well.

Wilshere was supporting Chelsea in this game so that the Spurs miss out. If it meant Arsenal would miss their auto entry, I don't think he would hav been supporting Chelsea. And their has not been any news of impact on Arsenal because of Chelsea's win, because there is none.

A little confusing I grant you.
Off Arsenal's official Twitter:
Arsenal.com ‏@Arsenal
Chelsea’s Champions League win has no influence on Arsenal’s status in the competition next season. Both sides go straight into Group Stage.

There you go, confirmed that you're right. Good to hear then.

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Thanks Darbas. Still great to get official confirmation.

Darbas

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Darbas. Still great to get official confirmation.
Yeh. Thought there's a set amount of teams from each league that must enter the qualification stages so just assumed we'd drop into that position.

The BEAR

ROAR talent
Reaction score
Any news/goss on RVP's future with arsenal?

Negotiations will obviously stall while he's away at Euro2012 next month

Darbas

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any news/goss on RVP's future with arsenal?

Negotiations will obviously stall while he's away at Euro2012 next month
Nothing at all on either front. Apparently Anzhi will offer him a 300k/week contract which will really test his loyalty.

Supposedly has a media ban regarding his contract though, so wont hear anything till at least after euros.