Soccer The Gunners Super Thread

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He had Messi in his pocket in the CL first leg tie.

Darbas

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Still cant help but blame him for the Carling Cup blunder though.

Darbas

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Look close to signing Costa Rican youngster Joel Campbell. Seen some highlights of him and pretty impressed. Yes it's no major signing but last time we signed a 'Campbell' in 2001 we managed to win the League Cup double :p

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Some ****ing belting finishes on him, looks a decent prospect.

Deal is pretty much done according to YoungGuns (very reliable).

Darbas

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think some other teams stepped up their interest and his manager (his father) is going to take his time making a decision. Could be a negative thing for us like with Alvarez...

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Liverpool apparently. But seemed done about 18 hours ago..

Darbas

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
According to some quotes from his father (can't seem to find them right now) they've made a better offer financially (either fee or wages).

Dogandgunner

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Arsenal are closing in on the capture of the highly rated Costa Rica forward Joel Campbell, after the club executive Richard Law flew to Central America to clinch a £900,000 deal for the 19-year-old.
The player's father told La Prensa Libre newspaper a medical was imminent, saying: "These tests will be in the Cima hospital and supervised by the people of Arsenal. Everything is virtually ready."
Campbell, who plays in his homeland for Deportivo Saprissa, would have to apply for a work permit as he has not played the required number of full senior internationals set by the Home Office.
The Brazilian midfielder Denílson is set to spend next season on loan at his former club São Paulo. The 23-year-old struggled to hold down a regular place in Arsène Wenger's side.

Parra_Power

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Alot of the time he was criticised and Djourou was praised when I thought it should've been the other way around. Haven't seen much of him and Vermaelen together given that Vermaelen missed most of the season.

Would still like the comfort of knowing we will have Cahill (if we sign him) there anyway.
I was more or less being abit staunch on consistency and to be honest it counts little to be playing great in the big games only and falling away on most other occasions. He was magnificent against Barcelona in that 2-1 win at the Emirates. I won't be forgetting that gamne anytime soon.

Darbas

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was more or less being abit staunch on consistency and to be honest it counts little to be playing great in the big games only and falling away on most other occasions. He was magnificent against Barcelona in that 2-1 win at the Emirates. I won't be forgetting that gamne anytime soon.
I was referring to the media and not actual individuals but i completely agree there were times he looked out of his depth. It was expected being his first season though. Hopefully with a steady partner he will prove his worth and show some consistency.

Parra_Power

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Arsenal are closing in on the capture of the highly rated Costa Rica forward Joel Campbell, after the club executive Richard Law flew to Central America to clinch a £900,000 deal for the 19-year-old.
The player's father told La Prensa Libre newspaper a medical was imminent, saying: "These tests will be in the Cima hospital and supervised by the people of Arsenal. Everything is virtually ready."
Any depth for a good price is one thing. Seeing this player stride his stuff in Premier League Games on a more and more regular basis is another. If anything more depth is okay but you have to utilise depth players at the right moment and with a solid mix of regulars is crutial. I hope for this players sake, he doesn't wind up on the loan list every season.

Campbell, who plays in his homeland for Deportivo Saprissa, would have to apply for a work permit as he has not played the required number of full senior internationals set by the Home Office.
The Brazilian midfielder Denílson is set to spend next season on loan at his former club São Paulo. The 23-year-old struggled to hold down a regular place in Arsène Wenger's side.
Campbell... interesting name for a Costa Rican...

Parra_Power

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I was referring to the media and not actual individuals but i completely agree there were times he looked out of his depth. It was expected being his first season though. Hopefully with a steady partner he will prove his worth and show some consistency.
Understood. Well, Arsenal, at the moment, no big name defenders to speak of really. Vermaelen. As long as anoth injury doesn't rock his career again then Koscielny will have great partnership in the back line... that will solve a few issues. Now on who can take can slot into Persie's spot when he's deep out of form or injured. That's another issue.

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score