Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Wayne always said dont pay big for front rowers
Look at parra, massive money on 2 middles but have no strike out wide
That was years ago, times change. Pretty sure JFH would be pushing a mill right now, Yeo probably slightly less although he's a lock (still a middle).

I don't think that's THE reason why Parra have failed, I think they've just made a few poor decisions around their roster and held onto certain players/coaches too long.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Averillo wouldn't have made our starting 13 this year anyway,and I'll be surprised if he makes The dolphins starting 13. I can see Bennett playing him as a 14
It’ll be interesting to see where Wayne plays him - but I think if he did stay, he would have started for us at FB (solely my opinion) - wish him them best but we need to focus on the players we do have

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It’ll be interesting to see where Wayne plays him - but I think if he did stay, he would have started for us at FB (solely my opinion) - wish him them best but we need to focus on the players we do have
The hammer had a great year at fb, so it's hard to see Avo dislodging him.And Farnworth and Tesi Niu are better centres . . .bench utility at best for Avo

Last edited:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Ahh emojis . . . The perfect response, when words won't help
Hammer didn't even play out the year @ fullback and lmao @ that Tesi call. Words aren't going to help you here :tearsofjoy:

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
I agree it will be hard for avo to make that team, but let’s just root for him. He always showed glimpses with us but never put more than 2 good games together back to back. Hope he can be more consistent with them, possibly with less pressure and the opportunity to choose when to insert himself

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hammer didn't even play out the year @ fullback and lmao @ that Tesi call. Words aren't going to help you here :tearsofjoy:
Test Niu can tackle and runs hard . . . I will concede Hammer could play centre because he has the ability to do that. But would you weaken a strength to accommodate Averillo? I doubt it

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Test Niu can tackle and runs hard . . . I will concede Hammer could play centre because he has the ability to do that. But would you weaken a strength to accommodate Averillo? I doubt it
You're absolutely cooked :tearsofjoy:

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Tesi Niu missed 10 tackles all year . . . Avo missed 7 in 1 game lol
If you think Tesi is better than Averillo then I don't think League is for you.
Different players who also played in different teams last season. Jakey made 10 tackles a game on average, Nui made less than 4. The real question is why did Nui face less attack in his 17 games, with a tackle efficiency of 87%, then Jakey who had a TE of 80%.

Jake is a more attacking player, he scores and creates more tries. He also lets more in. Nui is either a tougher prospect to oppositions, or Bennett has got the inside defense working much more effectively (or more likely both are partly true). Nui also makes about 40m running the ball each game.

They are different, but probably of similar value, it depends on the game plan of the coach. It is going to be very interesting to see what Skeletor does. I hope he does give Jake a run at right centre, I'd like to see how his defense goes in a different system.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Different players who also played in different teams last season. Jakey made 10 tackles a game on average, Nui made less than 4. The real question is why did Nui face less attack in his 17 games, with a tackle efficiency of 87%, then Jakey who had a TE of 80%.

Jake is a more attacking player, he scores and creates more tries. He also lets more in. Nui is either a tougher prospect to oppositions, or Bennett has got the inside defense working much more effectively (or more likely both are partly true). Nui also makes about 40m running the ball each game.

They are different, but probably of similar value, it depends on the game plan of the coach. It is going to be very interesting to see what Skeletor does. I hope he does give Jake a run at right centre, I'd like to see how his defense goes in a different system.
Tesi played on the wing, that's why he faced less attack.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don’t be surprised to see Bennett play Avo mostly at 6 …

They currently only have Milford who’s been cooked for years, and the young 19 year Katoa who held his own but didn’t go to the next level.

I can see Avo on the bench to cover different positions but mainly coming of the bench to give young Katoa a spell at 6 ..

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Jake's too fast, defence couldn't even touch him to register a tackle break
Which reinforces my point, they are different types of player. Where they end up playing comes down to what Skeletor wants in that position.

On the tackle count matter, Jake spent 6 or 7 games at Fullback, usually even lower tackle count than winger, so it evens it out a bit.