News The Foxx spray that should ignite Bulldogs;

Doggy71

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The team should not have to be TOLD to celebrate tries with their teammates. They should WANT to do this themselves - they should be happy for each other, happy that their teamwork and joint effort has led to a try. Big question is - why didn’t the team inherently do this??
Been that long since we scored a decent try they forgotten how to celebrate one?

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know we are bad but lately we have become the targets of bad reffering. Hopefully we TPJ escaping suspension, the tide is now slowly beginning to turn for us.
Oath . We literally get fucked every game it’s frustrating. They do a few even ups but either we are terrible dicipline or they hate us. Makes me seethe

Doge

Kennel Established
Reaction score
No matter how shit this side is, he’ll never be regarded as a fraud. He’s accomplished rep level that’s envious within the league fraternity.

You’re just talking from a disappointed Dogs fan POV
JAC runs on the board at every level, no matter how we are going as a team he is still one of the first picked for NSW.

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
Fox's leadership will go a long way to changing the losing culture and mentality this club and most players have had for far too long.
It's just a shame that it has to come from another clubs system and not our own.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
He was first to the celebration when Burton scored too.

gee333

Kennel Established
Reaction score
This is why he's our most significant signing. Not the tries or the speed. But the leadership. Everywhere the fox goes, be it NSW, Indigenous, Storm etc, there is a good culture. He is always a big part of the culture and I really hope he pulls the rest of the team up with him. Prime example here. Gould and Baz need to jump on it...

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I'm glad that JAC is working on bringing some passion into the squad. Really is a big thing for a team. It runs off into defending for one another and support play if that enthusiasm is present.

I question how it's different that our squad aren't quick to rally for a try celebration and our fans are very keen to have everyone sacked. Really is bloody difficult to read a lot of threads here lately. Continuous sack everybody is growing old quickly. This thread has only gotten to the sack Jacko as captain point so far. I wish that we as fans could switch back to a point where we weren't ready to jump on every mistake with absolute criticism.
When we start winning and looking the goods then the depressing loser mindset will change in here as well.

Everyone has an opinion on all the players, coaches, tactics bc we have been losing games and looking inept for several years.

The only way is up and the tone of the threads will brighten as we move up the ladder.

May that start against the Cowboys.

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oath . We literally get fucked every game it’s frustrating. They do a few even ups but either we are terrible dicipline or they hate us. Makes me seethe
Don't you watch our games Brick.. we make it very easy for the refs to penalize us. Our discipline reminds me of a kindergarten class which have been given a whole bunch of red engine soft drink.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Don't you watch our games Brick.. we make it very easy for the refs to penalize us. Our discipline reminds me of a kindergarten class which have been given a whole bunch of red engine soft drink.
Exactly. We are like lemmings attracted to cliffs :grinning:

Either brain snaps, tired tackle peels, strip the ball while ref standing there watching, backchat and attitude, sloppy ptb, get sucked in by niggling opposition. Thats 70%. The remaining 30% is either inept or cheating refs who only adjudicate one team on the field.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Aside from a lack of talent, the biggest issue we have had over the past few years is self belief. This translates to how we manage adversity on the field. We make mistakes, their heads drop and they lose more confidence and then compound them with more mistakes. The loser culture is ingrained.
We need to make this shift within the playing group asap!!!

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Aside from a lack of talent, the biggest issue we have had over the past few years is self belief. This translates to how we manage adversity on the field. We make mistakes, their heads drop and they lose more confidence and then compound them with more mistakes. The loser culture is ingrained.
This ^^^^ 100%

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
And maybe why we need an experienced coach and leaders in the team.

It's gonna take a while otherwise to filter thru at present without those necessary building blocks.

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think the rest of the team was lacklustre in celebrating, they were probably just all in shock as they aren't used to seeing tries in back to back games.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
And maybe why we need an experienced coach and leaders in the team.

It's gonna take a while otherwise to filter thru at present without those necessary building blocks.
Im not one of the people death riding Baz. I think he will need some time to get things right this year. And we need to be patient.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Im not one of the people death riding Baz. I think he will need some time to get things right this year. And we need to be patient.
Yes I agree. We can't replace him as yet.

The experience will have to come from Gus helping Baz handle the adversity and all the issues needing fixing.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Personally felt that Nikora took a dive.
Maybe, but if our players are going to run into him, then they run the risk of getting blown for obstruction. Wouldn't the smart play be don't run into them?

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Maybe, but if our players are going to run into him, then they run the risk of getting blown for obstruction. Wouldn't the smart play be don't run into them?
every player knows they have to run inside shoulder.
confidence comes from winning and i think an away game will help us, less pressure than a home game and a game away hopefully gets the team to bond for a few days

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
JAC always seemed to be a bit of a lair with the Storm and maybe my dislike of that club had clouded my judgement of him.

Has always had the goods and he is always willing to have a go and try to create something out of nothing. Here is hoping that he can translate his play to be a force at our club and its tactics and style , which are far different to that of the Storm.
He may be the tonic we need with his enthusiasm and want to be the best that he can .... celebrating a try in the right way can be a tonic for a side and heavens knows we have been down the bottom of the order for years now..it may also help enthuse the supporters too...I know that when we have scored in the last few years I have not been as excited as I was many years ago.

Good on him and it shows that he is here at the club for the right reasons not just money and the chance to play in a top eight team. We have a ways to go just have to keep developing and putting in..