News The Foxx spray that should ignite Bulldogs;

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
FOXX TELLS TEAMMATES TO GET AROUND TRYSCORER

You’ve got to love the energy of new Bulldogs recruit Josh Addo-Carr.

Watch the replays of last Monday’s trial against Cronulla when fellow Canterbury-Bankstown new recruit Brent Naden scores what looked like being the Bulldogs second try.

The Fox was immediately blowing up at his new teammates for failing to rush in to celebrate the try.

It might only seem minor but it’s easy to see the benefits of buying a player out of the Melbourne Storm system where this type of celebration is simply considered a given.

Ultimately the Naden try was disallowed because of an obstruction but the point was the Fox wants all his teammates on the same page in terms of togetherness and chemistry.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
FOXX TELLS TEAMMATES TO GET AROUND TRYSCORER

You’ve got to love the energy of new Bulldogs recruit Josh Addo-Carr.

Watch the replays of last Monday’s trial against Cronulla when fellow Canterbury-Bankstown new recruit Brent Naden scores what looked like being the Bulldogs second try.

The Fox was immediately blowing up at his new teammates for failing to rush in to celebrate the try.

It might only seem minor but it’s easy to see the benefits of buying a player out of the Melbourne Storm system where this type of celebration is simply considered a given.

Ultimately the Naden try was disallowed because of an obstruction but the point was the Fox wants all his teammates on the same page in terms of togetherness and chemistry.
I noticed that.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Was it actually an obstruction or another ref clanger as usual?

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Traditionalists would say try but the way it's ref'd now says obstruction. I hope we fix it up because it looked good.
I know we are bad but lately we have become the targets of bad reffering. Hopefully we TPJ escaping suspension, the tide is now slowly beginning to turn for us.

Last edited:

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Probably weren't rushing in cuz it was only a trial. I'm sure if we score a try against the Cowboys they will.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
That’s what we want too see, the Fox is a legend and all the boys need to follow suit if we are to have a good go at it this year.!!

Bullpit

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The team should not have to be TOLD to celebrate tries with their teammates. They should WANT to do this themselves - they should be happy for each other, happy that their teamwork and joint effort has led to a try. Big question is - why didn’t the team inherently do this??

Kenya

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Based on that one trial with close to our A team, Fox is right.
We need to lift our passion, desire & intensity.

I’m with Bullpit (above) kinda feels like there’s something missing. Looking to see some BIG energy and winning spirit in round 1.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The professionalism learnt by the fox and even Burton. I mentioned it in another thread how they both didn’t like the attitude from the other players and Burton even questioned why players weren’t talking.

You watch any other team and there is lots of chat in both attack and defence. Makes sense why we have no idea because there is no chat. Players don’t know when to slide or when to rush up. Talk is very important and it’s all about buying in. Unless you have 25 players all bought in and willing to go to war in every possession you won’t get far.

it’s what separates the roosters, storm, panthers, manly, para, south’s and the rest.

Kenya

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The professionalism learnt by the fox and even Burton. I mentioned it in another thread how they both didn’t like the attitude from the other players and Burton even questioned why players weren’t talking.

You watch any other team and there is lots of chat in both attack and defence. Makes sense why we have no idea because there is no chat. Players don’t know when to slide or when to rush up. Talk is very important and it’s all about buying in. Unless you have 25 players all bought in and willing to go to war in every possession you won’t get far.

it’s what separates the roosters, storm, panthers, manly, para, south’s and the rest.
Spot on mate. Talk on the field is a BIG success factor. Losing teams go quiet and drop their heads.

Are our guys motivated?
Having to be told to talk, and told to celebrate is not a good sign.

Does Barrett know how to win - and believe he can?
Or is he carrying a desperate ‘I’m not certain’ vibe to training & game day?

Last edited: