The Formula One Thread

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Last season was bad and boring enough. This season is even worse. 5 straight wins for Verstappen and Red Bull have won all 9 races.

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Last season was bad and boring enough. This season is even worse. 5 straight wins for Verstappen and Red Bull have won all 9 races.
F1 needs a massive shake up. The only interesting year I can remember for a long time is max first championship.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
F1 needs a massive shake up. The only interesting year I can remember for a long time is max first championship.
That was one of the best seasons of the last 20 years or so but everything before and since then has been diabolical as one team has dominated each season

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
McLarens improvements on the weekend show how close it actually is ... if one of the other 3 top teams found something good they could be challenging verstappen.

Though in saying that I still think Max is a level above all of his opponents skill wise - he's winning cause of the car but he's winning by those margins cause of his ability.

Reaction score
it's not spec racing but, so if they take the focus away from engineering based and bring it more in line with spec racing where all cars are equal, it won't be F1 anymore. Too much is focused on handicapping the front runner, when more talk should be directed at the teams following to improve their development and catch up. i don't think a team should be knocked for showing excellence in engineering, and add having the best driver to that it's gonna be dominance all day.

once Lando can get a decent car it'll soon get good again

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
McLarens improvements on the weekend show how close it actually is ... if one of the other 3 top teams found something good they could be challenging verstappen.

Though in saying that I still think Max is a level above all of his opponents skill wise - he's winning cause of the car but he's winning by those margins cause of his ability.
Yeah there's no doubting he's the best driver on the paddock. Although I think even at his age Alonso isn't far behind. But it's still boring seeing him, Red Bull or any team dominate like they have.

foREVerA7X

Kennel Established
Reaction score
My sources tell me that Big news dropping at 10pm tonight for Aston Martin. It will be a collaboration of some sort with a recent Aramco acquisition....

foREVerA7X

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Valvoline have now partnered Aston Martin and will have a one livery this weekend but also an on going position on their car.

Valvoline will also be their Lubricant supplier and will work with Honda for the 2026 engine

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah there's no doubting he's the best driver on the paddock. Although I think even at his age Alonso isn't far behind. But it's still boring seeing him, Red Bull or any team dominate like they have.
Would have loved to have seen Fernando in the other red bull rather than Checco. Fernando is a freak, like a fine wine that gets better with age.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Max by himself is leading the constructors title standings.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Saw an interesting question on Reddit.

If all the drivers in F1 were driving a Red Bull car what would be the standings right now?

What would your top 5 be?

For me:

1. Max Verstappen
2. Fernando Alonso
3. Lewis Hamilton
4. Charles Leclerc
5. George Russell

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
1. Max Verstappen
2. Lando Norris
3. Fernando Alonso
4. Charles Leclerc
5. George Russell

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interestingly I don't think Piastri is that far behind Lando - give him another season or two and he and Lando will be head to head.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
i'm not a lando fan, but i agree he's next best driver after max
its very tight at the top though, for example carlos sainz competed very well when he was lando teammate, if you use him as a baseline then Leclerc has outperformed him more than Lando did, so it can just as easily be Leclerc 2 and even carlos sainz in this list

then Lando beat Ricciardo maybe even more than Verstappen did

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
these things are hard to judge, what if ferrari is the 5th best car and the drivers are both world class or what if the ferrari is the best car and their drivers are overrated

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
have always wondered where Red Bull is manufactured
i think its too big to just be out of one place, but its originally out of Austria i think

btw you mean red bull the drink?

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
that mclaren either got a great upgrade or is excellent in high speed downforce corners, piastri did a great job to get himself in there

this is a great chance to put himself on the f1 map with a podium