The Formula One Thread

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ricky Bobby just announced he will not be on the F1 Grid next year
Sad, but I don't see how his idea of sitting out a year really works.

Only possible thing I can think, is Porsche are entering in 2024 (confirmed), and Mark Webber has influence in Porsche.

Webber is also Oscar Piastris manager, so perhaps a non disclosable deal has been done there already, with Dan being an experienced driver.

2023 would allow him to work directly with Porsche getting the F1 car ready for the 2024 season.

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Only possible thing I can think, is Porsche are entering in 2024 (confirmed), and Mark Webber has influence in Porsche.

Webber is also Oscar Piastris manager, so perhaps a non disclosable deal has been done there already, with Dan being an experienced driver.

2023 would allow him to work directly with Porsche getting the F1 car ready for the 2024 season.
Pretty sure Blake Friend is Ricardo's manager, sux that he won't be on the grid next year though.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
the funniest thing is the british media doing the same thing to verstappen as they did to schumacher and anybody else who had the audacity to compete against a british driver

this time they are trying to steal back the world championship and give it to hamilton

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
here is my schumacher video for a reference, i think im going to make another one to get into all the details especially 1994 when they suspended him for a few races and accused him of using traction control when he had clear wheelspin off the line in 2 out of the 3 races

foREVerA7X

Kennel Established
Reaction score

I thought Porsche pulled out of the Redbull deal??

But yes, sitting out for a year is a huge gamble but it worked for K-Mag but only at the cost of a Russian.

Unfortunately one would assume his F1 Career is done and I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up in either NASCAR or Indy Car. Maybe a promised seat by Zak Brown sweetened the deal for him to move on

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Ricky Bobby just announced he will not be on the F1 Grid next year
I called that one months ago. Teams don't want anything to do with him and it's not just because of his driving ability or lack of.

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought Porsche pulled out of the Redbull deal??

But yes, sitting out for a year is a huge gamble but it worked for K-Mag but only at the cost of a Russian.

Unfortunately one would assume his F1 Career is done and I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up in either NASCAR or Indy Car. Maybe a promised seat by Zak Brown sweetened the deal for him to move on
Ahh I wasn't up to date with the latest on that deal.

What about Andretti and 2024?

Zac Brown and Andretti are good friends, and Colton Herta and Dan Ric have met up when Colton did a drive in the McLaren a while back.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Season started off with a bang when it looked like we may have a 2 way fight for the championship but once again we had a case of only 1 car being able to win the championship. All Verstappen had to do was beat his teammate and the title was his - just like every other F1 champ had to do in the last 20 years. Last year was fantastic but it looks like it was an anomaly

Hopefully next year we get a 3 way battle but that's as likely to happen as the Tigers making the 8 next year...so no chance

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Season started off with a bang when it looked like we may have a 2 way fight for the championship but once again we had a case of only 1 car being able to win the championship. All Verstappen had to do was beat his teammate and the title was his - just like every other F1 champ had to do in the last 20 years. Last year was fantastic but it looks like it was an anomaly

Hopefully next year we get a 3 way battle but that's as likely to happen as the Tigers making the 8 next year...so no chance
Ferarri cost themselves a shot with their terrible strategies. Their car was just as good as evident in qualifying.

Reactions: TAS

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ferarri cost themselves a shot with their terrible strategies. Their car was just as good as evident in qualifying.
Who cares about qualifying if you're slower in the race? Red Bull has the fastest car on Sunday and that's all that matters. Max can qualify 10th and still win comfortably.

But yes Ferrari were woeful in terms of strategies yet again. Red Bull are a professional race team. Ferrari are amateurs

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Who cares about qualifying if you're slower in the race? Red Bull has the fastest car on Sunday and that's all that matters. Max can qualify 10th and still win comfortably.

But yes Ferrari were woeful in terms of strategies yet again. Red Bull are a professional race team. Ferrari are amateurs
They weren't really slower though. Max is a better driver & Ferari cost themselves about 5 wins just from their own strategy.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
here is my schumacher video for a reference, i think im going to make another one to get into all the details especially 1994 when they suspended him for a few races and accused him of using traction control when he had clear wheelspin off the line in 2 out of the 3 races

He got suspended for overtaking Hill on the warm up lap and ignored a black flag at the British grand prix, and he deserved the suspension. Also that last race in Adelaide he purposely turned into Hill as Hill was overtaking him to ensure he won the championship.

Benetton cheated that year, the illegal use of traction control is up for debate as it wasn't proven, but they clearly cheated with their pit stops as they had removed the fuel pump filter to make their pit stops quicker. They were found out when there was a fire due to a fuel pump leak while his teammate Jos Verstappen pitted for fuel and tyres at the German grand prix.

He was very lucky to win the 1994 drivers championship. A lot of things went his way that year, the death of Senna also made it much easier to win the title.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
He got suspended for overtaking Hill on the warm up lap and ignored a black flag at the British grand prix, and he deserved the suspension. Also that last race in Adelaide he purposely turned into Hill as Hill was overtaking him to ensure he won the championship.

Benetton cheated that year, the illegal use of traction control is up for debate as it wasn't proven, but they clearly cheated with their pit stops as they had removed the fuel pump filter to make their pit stops quicker. They were found out when there was a fire due to a fuel pump leak while his teammate Jos Verstappen pitted for fuel and tyres at the German grand prix.

He was very lucky to win the 1994 drivers championship. A lot of things went his way that year, the death of Senna also made it much easier to win the title.
no he overtook hill on the warmup lap like everybody does before and since, they gave him a stop and go without the proper procedures, the black flag was retracted so they essentially got banned for following race procedures

schumacher was very unlucky in 1994, getting banned for multiple races to make the championship more interesting and senna dying instead of getting beaten on track, schumacher should have won the title by 30+pts and he was that much ahead of senna anyway

like i said its proven that they werent using traction control when schumacher got heavy wheelspin at the brazilian gp and lost places then again at the san marino gp restart again losing positions

not only was he not using it in 1994 but they werent using it in 1992 and most of 1993 when it was legal because they couldn't get it working reliably, so rookie schumacher beat senna in the championship with a big handicap, he was used to driving without aids

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
schumacher was very unlucky not to win in 1997, 1998, 1999 and 2006 btw

1997 villeneuve inherited so many undeserved wins by late failures and then williams/mclaren cheated by rigging the final race

1998 coulthard braked in zero visibility on the driving line when getting lapped, lost 10pts

1999 injury

2006 engine failure at japanese gp when leading the race

foREVerA7X

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Redbull, Aston Martin and Williams have breached the 2021 Cost Cap.

Williams and Aston Martin were deemed a procedural breach (whatever that means in FIA terminology) and Redbull deemed procedural breach and minor overspend breach.

No penalties as of yet but they will enter deliberation soon

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
schumacher was very unlucky not to win in 1997, 1998, 1999 and 2006 btw

1997 villeneuve inherited so many undeserved wins by late failures and then williams/mclaren cheated by rigging the final race

1998 coulthard braked in zero visibility on the driving line when getting lapped, lost 10pts

1999 injury

2006 engine failure at japanese gp when leading the race
Being unlucky is part of the sport. You can say Prost should of win 10 championships if things went his way. Mansell should of won the championship in 1986 if he didn’t get a puncture in Adelaide. Hill would of won in 1994 if Schui didn’t turn into him on purpose. That’s formula 1. All three Driver, Team and Car need to be on point to win. Whoever won championships in F1 deserved them fair and square.

If Ennis and Kasiano weren’t injured maybe we would have had a chance in the 2014 GF. That’s just sport, luck plays a part and it’s part of the sport. There is no room for “if onlys”. It’s called survival of the fittest

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Being unlucky is part of the sport. You can say Prost should of win 10 championships if things went his way. Mansell should of won the championship in 1986 if he didn’t get a puncture in Adelaide. Hill would of won in 1994 if Schui didn’t turn into him on purpose. That’s formula 1. All three Driver, Team and Car need to be on point to win. Whoever won championships in F1 deserved them fair and square.

If Ennis and Kasiano weren’t injured maybe we would have had a chance in the 2014 GF. That’s just sport, luck plays a part and it’s part of the sport. There is no room for “if onlys”. It’s called survival of the fittest
hill would have lost the championship by 40pts in 1994 if luck wasn’t involved

Schumacher was unlucky not to win the 1997, 1998, 1999 and 2006 championships, but more so the 90’s ones

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
hill would have lost the championship by 40pts in 1994 if luck wasn’t involved

Schumacher was unlucky not to win the 1997, 1998, 1999 and 2006 championships, but more so the 90’s ones
Hahahaha, Schumacher was very lucky to win in 94 & 95. He had three great drivers all disappear off the grid within the space of one year(Mansell, Prost, Senna). He had no competition. Schumacher was the Steven Bradbury of F1 in the 90’s.

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What a farce MV gets a time penalty for Lewis intentionally closing the door on him.

FIA showing they are Lewis fan boys.