The Football Thread (For all Football/Soccer talk)

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Harry Kane is an excellent striker but he is not the generational talent the Spurs treat him as... he is also now in his late 20's, disgruntled, and playing in an ever more struggling team... his price will continue to drop

supposedly, City were prepared to pay up to £150 million for Kane during the off season but the Spurs baulked wanting £160 million... even if it was £127 million (which I believe was offered by City), Tottenham should have sold Kane

I doubt Tottenham get £100 million next summer for Kane

idiotic... what happens when you have an accountant running your club

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I watched Werner for RB Leipzig and Germany and thought he'd be great in the EPL but I am stunned how clueless he can be on the field

as for LFC, Jota is underrated
Yeah. It shocks me. He's fallen off a cliff. Really sad tbh

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Harry Kane is an excellent striker but he is not the generational talent the Spurs treat him as... he is also now in his late 20's, disgruntled, and playing in an ever more struggling team... his price will continue to drop

supposedly, City were prepared to pay up to £150 million for Kane during the off season but the Spurs baulked wanting £160 million... even if it was £127 million (which I believe was offered by City), Tottenham should have sold Kane

I doubt Tottenham get £100 million next summer for Kane

idiotic... what happens when you have an accountant running your club
That was some genuine rebuild money...anyway I'm happy they didn't sell, would've made the league that much harder to win if Kane was at City.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That was some genuine rebuild money...anyway I'm happy they didn't sell, would've made the league that much harder to win if Kane was at City.
let's assume Man City were going to pay £130 million which translates to a bit over €150 million... and going off Transfermarkt, what could be bought -

* Philippe Coutinho (29) - AM - Barcelona - €30 million
* Dusan Vlahovic (21) - CF - Fiorentina - €40 million
* Christian Pulisic (23) - LW/RW - Chelsea - €50 million
* Alessio Romagnoli (26) - CB - AC Milan - €25 million

= €145 million

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Latest market which manager is going to get sacked

Next permanent Premier League manager to leave
Nuno Espirito Santo – 3/1
Steve Bruce – 7/2
Mikel Arteta – 11/2
Daniel Farke – 6/1
Xisco Munoz – 6/1
Bruno Lage – 14/1
Patrick Vieira – 14/1
Marcelo Bielsa – 14/1
Ralph Hasenhuttl – 16/1
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer – 20/1
Sean Dyche – 25/1
Dean Smith – 25/1
Brendan Rodgers – 28/1
Graham Potter – 33/1
Rafael Bentiez – 33/1
David Moyes – 40/1
Thomas Tuchel – 40/1
Pep Guardiola – 40/1
Thomas Frank – 40/1
Jurgen Klopp – 50/1

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Latest market which manager is going to get sacked

Next permanent Premier League manager to leave
Nuno Espirito Santo – 3/1
Steve Bruce – 7/2
Mikel Arteta – 11/2
Daniel Farke – 6/1
Xisco Munoz – 6/1
Bruno Lage – 14/1
Patrick Vieira – 14/1
Marcelo Bielsa – 14/1
Ralph Hasenhuttl – 16/1
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer – 20/1
Sean Dyche – 25/1
Dean Smith – 25/1
Brendan Rodgers – 28/1
Graham Potter – 33/1
Rafael Bentiez – 33/1
David Moyes – 40/1
Thomas Tuchel – 40/1
Pep Guardiola – 40/1
Thomas Frank – 40/1
Jurgen Klopp – 50/1
I'd say Ole is as safe as Pep and Moyes. No way is he going to get sacked

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Ole is safe and it’s good news for LFC fans .
Ofcourse we will read dribble from the minority of their fans who have no idea. You know which ones I’m referring too.
The inept ones that would say that this season is the season they would win the PL “ we are not ready this season (last season) but will be next season” . We’ve seen the start they’ve made and the new excuses .

Then irony is a Nuno is favourite to get the axe but he had Wolves playing great football.
Wolves have fallen dramatically since his departure haven’t they? It’s still early days and they can turn things around .

Steve Bruce I have never rated as a coach , how he consistently lands PL gigs is buying me.

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Surely Koemen must be getting the sack this week . Messi was definitely carrying them but Barcelona still have some quality players , they shouldn’t be losing the manner they are losing.
That 3-0 Benfica loss is a low point.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Newcastle about to be rich as fuck boy

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Ole is safe and it’s good news for LFC fans .
Ofcourse we will read dribble from the minority of their fans who have no idea. You know which ones I’m referring too.
The inept ones that would say that this season is the season they would win the PL “ we are not ready this season (last season) but will be next season” . We’ve seen the start they’ve made and the new excuses .

Then irony is a Nuno is favourite to get the axe but he had Wolves playing great football.
Wolves have fallen dramatically since his departure haven’t they? It’s still early days and they can turn things around .

Steve Bruce I have never rated as a coach , how he consistently lands PL gigs is buying me.
Fucking hate Steve Bruce. Shit house manager.

Ole. You know how it's goes. Once Fergie came out and defended a player over the manager, then the writing is clearly on the wall.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Not good for Liverpool this Newcastle thing. Just another club with even more money than us to spend ...

Football is fucked tho, really. Sugar daddies coming in to prop up clubs. Tho, feel they'll go the way of Everton rather than City

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not good for Liverpool this Newcastle thing. Just another club with even more money than us to spend ...

Football is fucked tho, really. Sugar daddies coming in to prop up clubs. Tho, feel they'll go the way of Everton rather than City
It's not good for the league but I always felt it was coming for one team or another

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'm happy for Newcastle. I always had a soft spot for them going back to the Keegan days. The Geordie fans have suffered for years with Mike Ashley running that club into the ground. Hopefully these new owners turn them into the powerhouse that they should be. Huge clubs like Newcastle, Villa and Leeds should never be facing relegation if they're run properly.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It's not good for the league but I always felt it was coming for one team or another
Yeah. Was always going to happen and will happen to more teams. Shame. Massive shame really.

Makes this whole uproar about the Super League concept a farce if the EPL continues to be happy with clubs being bought out by blood oil.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'm happy for Newcastle. I always had a soft spot for them going back to the Keegan days. The Geordie fans have suffered for years with Mike Ashley running that club into the ground. Hopefully these new owners turn them into the powerhouse that they should be. Huge clubs like Newcastle, Villa and Leeds should never be facing relegation if they're run properly.
Of course it'd be great for the fans, but I just don't see how this is good for the league unless they really run the club sustainably which no oil rich owner has done so far.

Clubs like Everton could go either way in all honesty, because despite all the investment they've made massive losses and haven't improved much at all. They're just very lucky they've got Rafa.

What will happen at Newcastle?

You're right though. They do deserve better Newcastle fans. Without a doubt.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Of course it'd be great for the fans, but I just don't see how this is good for the league unless they really run the club sustainably which no oil rich owner has done so far.

Clubs like Everton could go either way in all honesty, because despite all the investment they've made massive losses and haven't improved much at all. They're just very lucky they've got Rafa.

What will happen at Newcastle?

You're right though. They do deserve better Newcastle fans. Without a doubt.
Not every cashed up owner will work out.. Look at City with the former Thai Prime Minster before the Mansours became involved. But for those clubs it's certainly better than languishing at the bottom and gives them some hope that they didn't have before.

Especially Magpies fans. They'd just be happy anyone but Mike Ashley owns the team.

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Whenever this takeover takes place they may have to make immediate changes because Newcastle are in the relegation zone and will more than likely hover around there throughout the season.