The Football Thread (For all Football/Soccer talk)

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Has anyone seen the Juve ref corruption scandal doco on Netflix? What do the Juve fans think of how it was portrayed?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I've been reading more into this whole story the last couple of days. It's a shady setup where serious questions have to be asked. But then again this is nothing new as Mansour and the Man City ownership have had similar concerns.
All 19 clubs have called for an emergency meeting so let's see what comes from that.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
All 19 clubs have called for an emergency meeting so let's see what comes from that.
Just read about it.

Nothing can happen. The takeover will go through. They're just pissed that things have changed so quickly and no clubs were notified

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
@Aydee I GOT MYSELF A PREMIUM TOTW PACK IN CHAMPS :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
there are a lot of mega rich owners of EPL teams but what has set City and Chelsea apart was there willingness to spend so much money whereas the American owners of Liverpool, Arsenal and United have been more reserved or better put, business like in their approach

something tells me these Saudis are going to be more like Abramovich and Sheikh Mansour than Kroenke, Glazer and the Fenway Group

I also appreciate Newcastle may not be everyone's cup of tea, but they have attracted big players before (even begrudgingly --> Michael Owen) and it is amazing what money can do... for example, plenty of American sports stars are drafted to franchises all over the North American continent and yet just base themselves out of California or Florida in the off season... Mourinho lived out of a hotel while coaching United while his family remained in London... hell, just think of some of the Brazilians that have come through Shakhtar Donetsk (Fernandinho, Douglas Costa, William, Fred) and Donetsk is disputed territory (Eastern Ukraine vs Novorossiya)

who they pick as their next manager is important... I also think one of their first big signings should be a domestic player
The Saudi’s will try to spend like Abramovich but they’ll need to do their shopping outside of England and any of the major clubs in Europe.

Obviously they have more funds than all the other PL owners combined but we are talking about billionaires who use their clubs as toys instead of profit making businesses and so unless the Saudi’s are ready to offer obscene money, and I’m talking about stupid offers that are double a players value, then I can’t see them having as much success in the market as they think they’ll have.

Aston Villa only a few months ago were willing to turn down a 100m bid for Grealish if it wasn’t for a release clause they had agreed on. Everton have spent hundreds of millions on players we haven’t even heard of in the past 4-5 years, Wolves are backed by owners whose company pockets an annual net profit of 2 billion. The other year, Fulham came up, spent 110m and went back down.

Prices are already inflated and so spending big money doesn’t guarantee success these days. When City’s owners came to the league, throwing around 30 million here and there was too much for other clubs to turn down, now it’ll take 30 million to sign a player of Lingards quality.

Man City spent a billion in the first decade and they managed two titles before Pep, and that was at an arguably low point in the league with Sir Alex retiring, Liverpool werent that great and Arsenal were on their downward slope. It was only until they signed arguably a top 2 coach in the world, did they really become the force they are now.

Newcastle will get better, but they’ll go from 19th to 10th, maybe sneak into 7-8th, but they’ll need a perfect storm to even get close to top 4.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Mbappe on joining Newcastle United. "I've always wanted to play in the Premier League and to have the opportunity to represent a club like Newcastle and to follow my idol is truly a dream come true".

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
That Mbappe goal is ridiculous, I find it absolutely insane that they don't rule that for offside.

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Did it even go to VAR?
The French are football powehouse though , their equalising goal after going behind in the score was sublime .

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Did it even go to VAR?
The French are football powehouse though , their equalising goal after going behind in the score was sublime .
Defender touched the ball so he was put onside LOL. Such a dumb rule.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Japan smashing us ATM lol

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Japan should be 3 up here, Australia struggling massively.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Tried watching for a minute. Just too boring for me
Japan are playing safety first while Australia are just..shit. Not great viewing but it's better than any other game I've recently watched with Australia. Australia should still come away with at least a draw imo.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Japan are playing safety first while Australia are just..shit. Not great viewing but it's better than any other game I've recently watched with Australia. Australia should still come away with at least a draw imo.
I’m watching movie Heat now, been years I’m hooked again. Here’s hoping Australia somehow get the win

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I’m watching movie Heat now, been years I’m hooked again. Here’s hoping Australia somehow get the win
The fuck is that

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Fuck what a free kick