The Consolidated NFL Thread

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Shaun Peyton left the Saints. Maybe out of protest for that horrible movie with Kevin James about him..

It's a huge loss for the Saints. I don't know how he got that team to a winning record. They have -$70 million in cap space with no QB and average talent on offense outside of Kamara and Thomas.. Thomas will definitely get traded. Maybe Kamara will now too..

If he's still interested in coaching next season the Cowboys and every other team should offer him the world to take over their team.
They only save $2 million next season if they trade Michael Thomas and it's cheaper to keep Alvin Kamara than it is to trade him.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
They would be able to get him for like a 3rd or 4th round pick
Surely the Saints would ask for more than that.. Whether it's picks or money. Otherwise they'll just say he can't coach til 2024.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
They only save $2 million next season if they trade Michael Thomas and it's cheaper to keep Alvin Kamara than it is to trade him.
Yeah they're fucked either way with their cap situation which is mainly why Peyton is leaving. Even if he created some of the mess by giving huge deals to Taysom Hill and others..

They'll probably be bad for a few years because of their cap situation and will probably trade Thomas for picks because he won't want to stay for a rebuild and the Saints organisation are pissed with him after his injury saga.. Obviously they'd want to keep Kamara but he might ask for a trade too.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Surely the Saints would ask for more than that.. Whether it's picks or money. Otherwise they'll just say he can't coach til 2024.
Coaches don't go for more than that. Also he's been loyal to them for a long time so they wouldn't play games with him like that.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Yeah they're fucked either way with their cap situation which is mainly why Peyton is leaving. Even if he created some of the mess by giving huge deals to Taysom Hill and others..

They'll probably be bad for a few years because of their cap situation and will probably trade Thomas for picks because he won't want to stay for a rebuild and the Saints organisation are pissed with him after his injury saga.. Obviously they'd want to keep Kamara but he might ask for a trade too.
They aren't trading Kamara. His salary plus like an extra $7 million would count against the cap next season so 0% chance he gets traded.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
They aren't trading Kamara. His salary plus like an extra $7 million would count against the cap next season so 0% chance he gets traded.
I can't see Thomas there next season though. They'll have to cut come big contracts too. Probably some defensive players.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I can't see Thomas there next season though. They'll have to cut come big contracts too. Probably some defensive players.
But like I said, they only save $2 million if they trade Michael Thomas. They might trade him because they're over his drama but it wont be to save cap space.

The Dead Cap rule is worse than the overtime rule.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
But like I said, they only save $2 million if they trade Michael Thomas. They might trade him because they're over his drama but it wont be to save cap space.

The Dead Cap rule is worse than the overtime rule.
Yeah I agree they're cap fucked no matter what they do. Which is why I think they'll trade Thomas for picks. Not to save money. But because they're done with him and want to get whatever they can back for him.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Yeah I agree they're cap fucked no matter what they do. Which is why I think they'll trade Thomas for picks. Not to save money. But because they're done with him and want to get whatever they can back for him.
They wont get a 1st round pick for him. Probably just a 2nd.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Shaun Peyton left the Saints. Maybe out of protest for that horrible movie with Kevin James about him..

It's a huge loss for the Saints. I don't know how he got that team to a winning record. They have -$70 million in cap space with no QB and average talent on offense outside of Kamara and Thomas.. Thomas will definitely get traded. Maybe Kamara will now too..

If he's still interested in coaching next season the Cowboys and every other team should offer him the world to take over their team.

Yes fucking please!

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I read a crazy stat today that I didn't know before... No head coach has ever won a Superbowl with two different franchises.
I'm surprised Tampon Bay didn't buy bellycheat tbh

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I read a crazy stat today that I didn't know before... No head coach has ever won a Superbowl with two different franchises.
No NRL player had won a title with 3 different teams until Glenn Lazarus did it. Someone will be the first.

jmaamary

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As a saints fan I’m getting ready for some dark and barren years. It’s good the dogs gave me some practice the last few years. Wherever he goes, he will make a massive difference

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
No NRL player had won a title with 3 different teams until Glenn Lazarus did it. Someone will be the first.
Oh for sure. It's just crazy that with all of the legendary coaches over the years, no one had done that before. If Peyton goes to the Cowboys or another big franchise that's got the pieces to win now, then he could be the first.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Oh for sure. It's just crazy that with all of the legendary coaches over the years, no one had done that before. If Peyton goes to the Cowboys or another big franchise that's got the pieces to win now, then he could be the first.
In the NFL great coaches don't move around much.