NBA The Consolidated NBA Thread

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
There have been young stars that are stepping up massively these playoffs and proving themselves.. Where do you guys rank the top 10 players under 30? Here's my list...

1: Giannis
2: Jokic
3: Luka
4: Tatum
5: Ja
6: Booker
7: Mitchell
8: Jaylen
9: Edwards
10: Trae
Good list, personally I would take Booker over Ja, but agree with the rest. I think in 12 months time we will have seen Brown and Edwards overtake Mitchell too.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The Magic won the lottery.. OKC #2, Houston #3, Sacto #4, Detroit #5..

The top 3 are standouts this year with Holmgren, Smith and Banchero. A bit of a drop off after that although Ivey is good too..

Detroit lost massively to only get #5..
Holmgren is such an intriguing prospect, he has the highest ceiling but probably the lowest floor out of the top 3. Smith plays so similar to Tatum when he was coming out of college, and I'd love to see him go to OKC and paired with Giddey.

Keep an eye out for Dyson Daniels, born in Australia and expected to be a lottery pick.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Holmgren is such an intriguing prospect, he has the highest ceiling but probably the lowest floor out of the top 3. Smith plays so similar to Tatum when he was coming out of college, and I'd love to see him go to OKC and paired with Giddey.

Keep an eye out for Dyson Daniels, born in Australia and expected to be a lottery pick.
I think Holmgren will be good. But it will take time for him to get used to the physicality. He'll still produce offensively though as his stroke is legit and he'll block a tonne of shots.

I like Smith and Banchero. I think Banchero could end up being the best player in the draft because he's so physically strong. Like Scottie Barnes is.. Smith is really athletic.

Daniels reminds me of Exum. Hopefully he has more offensive upside and a better NBA career. He's athletic and can play D well though.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Giddey should have made the All-Rookie 1st team.. Now he'll have a chip on his shoulder going into next season..

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Giddey should have made the All-Rookie 1st team.. Now he'll have a chip on his shoulder going into next season..
He missed too many games. 54/82 games isn't enough.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He missed too many games. 54/82 games isn't enough.
Jalen Green missed a bunch too. Embiid won rookie of the year and he missed half the season. Anyway, Franz Wagner is really good so it's not a huge snub. But hopefully he uses it as motivation going into next season as these guys love using shit like this to make them even better.. Giddey seems like that type of guy.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
There have been young stars that are stepping up massively these playoffs and proving themselves.. Where do you guys rank the top 10 players under 30? Here's my list...

1: Giannis
2: Jokic
3: Luka
4: Tatum
5: Ja
6: Booker
7: Mitchell
8: Jaylen
9: Edwards
10: Trae
Did Embiid & Davis retire?

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Jalen Green missed a bunch too. Embiid won rookie of the year and he missed half the season. Anyway, Franz Wagner is really good so it's not a huge snub. But hopefully he uses it as motivation going into next season as these guys love using shit like this to make them even better.. Giddey seems like that type of guy.
All the ones who made the first team played a minumum 64 games.

Rookie of the year is not voted the same way as the rookie teams and Embiid should've never won it.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Top 10 under 30:

01. Giannis Antetokounmpo
02. Nikola Jokic
03. Luka Doncic
04. Joel Embiid
05. Jayson Tatum
06. Ja Morant
07. Devin Booker
08. Anthony Davis
09. Trae Young
10. Dejounte Murray

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Top 10 under 30:

01. Giannis Antetokounmpo
02. Nikola Jokic
03. Luka Doncic
04. Joel Embiid
05. Jayson Tatum
06. Ja Morant
07. Devin Booker
08. Anthony Davis
09. Trae Young
10. Dejounte Murray
I like that my boy Dejounte is in there.. Was going to put him in mine. Stupidly left Embiid out. Forgot that he was only 27, 28..

The Sixers should have listened to me and traded for Dejounte and picks/players when they had the chance. They'd be a title threat for years with Murray, Maxey and Embiid.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I like that my boy Dejounte is in there.. Was going to put him in mine. Stupidly left Embiid out. Forgot that he was only 27, 28..

The Sixers should have listened to me and traded for Dejounte and picks/players when they had the chance. They'd be a title threat for years with Murray, Maxey and Embiid.
They must not have opened the email :tearsofjoy:

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Updated Playoffs Standings:

Miami 4-1
Atlanta
Boston 4-0 Brooklyn
Milwaukee 4-1 Chicago
Philadelphia 4-2 Toronto
Phoenix 4-2 New Orleans
Memphis 4-2 Minnesota
Golden State 4-1 Denver
Dallas 4-2 Utah

Miami 4-2 Philadelphia
Boston 4-3 Milwaukee
Phoenix 3-4 Dallas
Memphis 2-4 Golden State

Miami 1-0 Boston
Golden State 1-0 Dallas

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
i think you mean Franz "the GOAT" wagner

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Boston doing it easy against Miami.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Huge response from the Celtics. Smart almost had a triple double. Horford back made a huge difference too. Now they have to win games 3 and 4 at home.

From the area

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Miami had that “off” game. Butler needs help. If he can get it. Miami in 7.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Huge response from the Celtics. Smart almost had a triple double. Horford back made a huge difference too. Now they have to win games 3 and 4 at home.
Horford Finals MVP coming up

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Great comeback by the Warriors