NBA The Consolidated NBA Thread

ChesoBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Problem is it will be the ultimate your turn/my turn Iso ball team where the other teammates never touch the ball. Which they didn't enough already with Luka there.. I can't see them getting past the second round at best.
I think this is good enough to win the West this year. Could they win the league like that? No way. Bucks and Boston are >>> the league, but the west is wide open. Ultimately I agree with you though.

ChesoBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think they'll struggle to get a big return for KAT as that trade changed the trade market across the whole league. They do need to trade him though and admit their mistake as they can't keep both of them past this year.
Of course, no way they get that back, but they can get most of it back. However, if they're going to run with Edwards and Gobert + another star player and good role players that they already have, they don't need the picks. That's a 5 year playoff window for them. I really rate Edwards. I am not sure how long you have been watching ball for, but he reminds me a lot of Vince Carter at the Raptors.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Of course, no way they get that back, but they can get most of it back. However, if they're going to run with Edwards and Gobert + another star player and good role players that they already have, they don't need the picks. That's a 5 year playoff window for them. I really rate Edwards. I am not sure how long you have been watching ball for, but he reminds me a lot of Vince Carter at the Raptors.
ANT is very good. He's better when KAT isn't there.. But I think VC was a few levels above ANT. If Vince played now, he'd average 32 or more, especially with how wide open the paint is now.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think this is good enough to win the West this year. Could they win the league like that? No way. Bucks and Boston are >>> the league, but the west is wide open. Ultimately I agree with you though.
I think Denver and Memphis are a fair but better than most teams in the West aside from the Warriors if they can go on a playoff run. No one can handle Jokic in a 7 game series, especially not the Mavs.. Plus the Mavs have no depth which you need in the playoffs. Whereas teams like the Grizzlies are very deep.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Every team that Kyrie has joined has been riddled with his bullshit. Its a bad trade, just a lame excuse for Mark Cuban to say he finally got Luka ‘help’

ChesoBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
ANT is very good. He's better when KAT isn't there.. But I think VC was a few levels above ANT. If Vince played now, he'd average 32 or more, especially with how wide open the paint is now.
I think he's on the same level offensively, and is a better defender. But I get VC vibes from him.

ChesoBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think Denver and Memphis are a fair but better than most teams in the West aside from the Warriors if they can go on a playoff run. No one can handle Jokic in a 7 game series, especially not the Mavs.. Plus the Mavs have no depth which you need in the playoffs. Whereas teams like the Grizzlies are very deep.
Denver are a great regular season team.

Memphis play the same as Dallas for the most part. Give the ball to their guy and everyone gets out of the way. I've watched every single Memphis game this year, I love Morant, however this is who they are. Only difference between them and Dallas is they are much better defensively.

Jokic has shown year after year he flops in the playoffs. I would not worry about them.

You don't need depth in the playoffs. You need your star players to be healthy and playing great. Most great teams only go 2-3 players deep into their bench. You need depth for regular season only.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Denver are a great regular season team.

Memphis play the same as Dallas for the most part. Give the ball to their guy and everyone gets out of the way. I've watched every single Memphis game this year, I love Morant, however this is who they are. Only difference between them and Dallas is they are much better defensively.

Jokic has shown year after year he flops in the playoffs. I would not worry about them.

You don't need depth in the playoffs. You need your star players to be healthy and playing great. Most great teams only go 2-3 players deep into their bench. You need depth for regular season only.
But tell me who Dallas have on their bench that provides anything? They have 3 good players that don't play D and no one else. Even their other two starters right now are trash. That's not a recipe for winning 4 straight playoff series. Boston swept the Nets last season when they had Kyrie and KD which proves you need more than two alpha scorers who don't play D in the playoffs.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think he's on the same level offensively, and is a better defender. But I get VC vibes from him.
Carter averaged nearly 30 when teams were scoring low 80s and mid 90s and every team had a PF and C that protected the paint. If Carter played now, he'd average 32. Same with TMac.. Same with heaps of players from that era.

ChesoBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
But tell me who Dallas have on their bench that provides anything? They have 3 good players that don't play D and no one else. Even their other two starters right now are trash. That's not a recipe for winning 4 straight playoff series. Boston swept the Nets last season when they had Kyrie and KD which proves you need more than two alpha scorers who don't play D in the playoffs.
You are looking at it wrong. Who cares who is on their bench? The team had been constructed to give Luka iso ball and it was working to an extent - now they add Kyrie without losing the principles of the construction of your team, it makes them better because Kyrie is one of the best Iso players in the league.
Boston swept KD and Kyrie because Tatum/Brown were playing superstar level basketball. If you look at the stats, Tatum and Brown as a duo averaged 53 points a game whereas KD and Kyrie averaged 47.

ChesoBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Carter averaged nearly 30 when teams were scoring low 80s and mid 90s and every team had a PF and C that protected the paint. If Carter played now, he'd average 32. Same with TMac.. Same with heaps of players from that era.
I am not talking about averages, or points. I'm talking the way they play. That is all. No need for an over analysis. Also, time to move on from 'if x played today'. Showing your age now!

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
You are looking at it wrong. Who cares who is on their bench? The team had been constructed to give Luka iso ball and it was working to an extent - now they add Kyrie without losing the principles of the construction of your team, it makes them better because Kyrie is one of the best Iso players in the league.
Boston swept KD and Kyrie because Tatum/Brown were playing superstar level basketball. If you look at the stats, Tatum and Brown as a duo averaged 53 points a game whereas KD and Kyrie averaged 47.
Boston didn't just win because of Tatum and Brown. They won because they were a better team overall. Grant Williams, Smart, Horford and White etc were huge. You need other guys to step up.. You also need defence in the playoffs. Kyrie isn't guarding anyone. Luka isn't guarding anyone. If they play a team like Memphis or Denver, I can't see them winning that series. But we'll see what happens in the playoffs.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I am not talking about averages, or points. I'm talking the way they play. That is all. No need for an over analysis. Also, time to move on from 'if x played today'. Showing your age now!
You compared players in different generations, so you started this conversation.. Are you saying it isn't easier to score now when teams average 120ppg as opposed to 20 years ago when teams averaged 95-100ppg? So it stands to reason that every great wing scorer from that era who had skills that would translate to today's NBA would get a boost in their scoring average with increased pace, scoring and spacing.

That isn't showing your age, that's just common sense.

ChesoBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Boston didn't just win because of Tatum and Brown. They won because they were a better team overall. Grant Williams, Smart, Horford and White etc were huge. You need other guys to step up.. You also need defence in the playoffs. Kyrie isn't guarding anyone. Luka isn't guarding anyone. If they play a team like Memphis or Denver, I can't see them winning that series. But we'll see what happens in the playoffs.
They were a better team overall, but they would not have won without Tatum and Brown playing like a superstar duo.

Cool, that's your opinion. Denver and Memphis are meh in the playoffs - just my opinon.

ChesoBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You compared players in different generations, so you started this conversation.. Are you saying it isn't easier to score now when teams average 120ppg as opposed to 20 years ago when teams averaged 95-100ppg? So it stands to reason that every great wing scorer from that era who had skills that would translate to today's NBA would get a boost in their scoring average with increased pace, scoring and spacing.

That isn't showing your age, that's just common sense.
Mate, all I am saying is the way Ant plays is similar and he reminds me a lot of VC and in my opinion is better in many areas compared to him at the same age. Why are you so pressed and emotional? Relax. It's just a game. If I knew you were going to react like this, I would have just not posted anything at all.

And it is showing your age. Who cares about how x player from the 90s would have played in todays game. It's a dumb argument, sorry.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Mate, all I am saying is the way Ant plays is similar and he reminds me a lot of VC and in my opinion is better in many areas compared to him at the same age. Why are you so pressed and emotional? Relax. It's just a game. If I knew you were going to react like this, I would have just not posted anything at all.

And it is showing your age. Who cares about how x player from the 90s would have played in todays game. It's a dumb argument, sorry.
Haha. I'm not getting worked up.. I replied politely your comparison which you quoted me on. Then you say I'm showing my age. If anything you're showing your age and immaturity with your comments.. I won't bother anymore..

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
You have to laugh at the Kyrie fans who still think whenever he gets traded that they're going to win the title..

Kyrie is 11-11 in the playoffs without LeBron. He's never made the conference finals without LeBron. He's been on the Nets with KD and the Celtics with Brown, Tatum etc and still has that bad a playoff record without LeBron. The Mavs are worse than those teams were. They're not making the finals with Kyrie aka Team Cancer.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
You have to laugh at the Kyrie fans who still think whenever he gets traded that they're going to win the title..

Kyrie is 11-11 in the playoffs without LeBron. He's never made the conference finals without LeBron. He's been on the Nets with KD and the Celtics with Brown, Tatum etc and still has that bad a playoff record without LeBron. The Mavs are worse than those teams were. They're not making the finals with Kyrie aka Team Cancer.
Who the hell thinks the Mavs are going to the Finals? I'm a Kyrie fan but no chance they make the WC Finals let alone the NBA Finals.

ChesoBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who the hell thinks the Mavs are going to the Finals? I'm a Kyrie fan but no chance they make the WC Finals let alone the NBA Finals.
I think they can make the WC finals. If healthy, with Luka and Kyrie, they can definitely make it back.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I think they can make the WC finals. If healthy, with Luka and Kyrie, they can definitely make it back.
Maybe if they had a whole season together to get to know each others games & Kyrie was totally focused but it's too late in the season now.