NBA The Consolidated NBA Thread

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Walker Kessler with 17, 14 (7 offensive boards) and 7 blocks today.

He's already producing better than Gobert and he earns about $35 million less, plus they got an extra 4 1sts. Fuck Minnesota are dumb. Great pick ups by Ainge to get Kessler and Lauri..
Terrible trade for Minnesota. First of all they have KAT so didn't need a centre. Secondly, Gobert doesn't make your team much better. He is average on offense. His career high is 15.9 ppg.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Terrible trade for Minnesota. First of all they have KAT so didn't need a centre. Secondly, Gobert doesn't make your team much better. He is average on offense. His career high is 15.9 ppg.
I never understood it on any level. They're a worse team this season after the trade. They're now fucked for ages in terms of cap space and no picks. And it fucked the whole league for trade value as now everyone wants 3 1sts for any good but not great player like OG Anuoby or 2 1sts for Alex Caruso etc while making it nearly impossible to get value back for a true superstar like KD..

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The most expensive seats at the Lakers vs Thunder in L.A to potentially see him break the scoring record are 92k!

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Jrue Holiday made the all star game over Jalen Brunson…

QLDdogsfan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Good dub for the Cavs today much better effort then the last few games. Garland unlucky not be a all-star reserve. Can't pick everybody though

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
boy the last 5 mins or so from the clippers was something truly awful to watch

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Kyrie team cancer strikes again. Requested a trade mid season even though with KD, they're a top 4 team in the East and a contender. What contender is going to trade for him at this point? He's not worth the headache and drama despite his immense talent. There's always something with him.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Kyrie team cancer strikes again. Requested a trade mid season even though with KD, they're a top 4 team in the East and a contender. What contender is going to trade for him at this point? He's not worth the headache and drama despite his immense talent. There's always something with him.
Nothing makes me more happy then watching the Nets fall as a Knicks fan lol

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
This has been the hardest year ever to predict winners. How did the Suns beat Boston in Boston?

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Kyrie to the Mavs :|

QLDdogsfan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Kyrie traded to the Mavs!! My first thoughts on this one is there is no way in hell this works out might be a honeymoon period but after that you have just paired one of the biggest divas with luka who also throws the toys out of the cot when things don't go his way. No doubt both are good players but I can't see it working, happy to be proven wrong though.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Kyrie traded to the Mavs!! My first thoughts on this one is there is no way in hell this works out might be a honeymoon period but after that you have just paired one of the biggest divas with luka who also throws the toys out of the cot when things don't go his way. No doubt both are good players but I can't see it working, happy to be proven wrong though.
Nah it's not going to work. Two ball dominant players who don't move off the ball at all or play D. The rest of the team is trash aside from Christian Wood.. And Kyrie is team cancer who probably won't re-sign there so it's a terrible trade as they wasted picks and lost good role players like Finney-Smith and Dinwiddie.

ChesoBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I never understood it on any level. They're a worse team this season after the trade. They're now fucked for ages in terms of cap space and no picks. And it fucked the whole league for trade value as now everyone wants 3 1sts for any good but not great player like OG Anuoby or 2 1sts for Alex Caruso etc while making it nearly impossible to get value back for a true superstar like KD..
KAT is the issue. They have looked amazing with Edwards/Russell/Gobert. Moreso defensively.

ChesoBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think it'll take much to win in the West though. It's wide open. Adding Kyrie will give both players more space to cook.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
KAT is the issue. They have looked amazing with Edwards/Russell/Gobert. Moreso defensively.
It was still a horrible trade as Gobert isn't worth close to that much and Kessler by himself is as effective if not moreso at this stage of their careers.

I've always thought KAT was overrated. He's incredibly skilled and puts up numbers but he's a horrible, horrible defensive player and playing him at the 4 defensively only exposes his flaws even more. Which again, adds to why it was a stupid trade on every level.

ChesoBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was still a horrible trade as Gobert isn't worth close to that much and Kessler by himself is as effective if not moreso at this stage of their careers.

I've always thought KAT was overrated. He's incredibly skilled and puts up numbers but he's a horrible, horrible defensive player and playing him at the 4 defensively only exposes his flaws even more. Which again, adds to why it was a stupid trade on every level.
They can recoup most of what they traded for KAT. I think this is their thinking all along, his injury may have slowed that down.

I think it's too soon to call it a horrible trade because of how well they are currently playing, albeit without KAT.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I don't think it'll take much to win in the West though. It's wide open. Adding Kyrie will give both players more space to cook.
Problem is it will be the ultimate your turn/my turn Iso ball team where the other teammates never touch the ball. Which they didn't enough already with Luka there.. I can't see them getting past the second round at best.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
They can recoup most of what they traded for KAT. I think this is their thinking all along, his injury may have slowed that down.

I think it's too soon to call it a horrible trade because of how well they are currently playing, albeit without KAT.
I think they'll struggle to get a big return for KAT as that trade changed the trade market across the whole league. They do need to trade him though and admit their mistake as they can't keep both of them past this year.