NBA The Consolidated NBA Thread

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Huge win. Even if it's their preseason, their 14th best player would still be one of the best imports in the NBL..

Melbourne United beat OKC a few years back too.
I watched the highlights & Adelaide's new imports were playing like they were Steph & Klay. They shot 3's from all over the arena.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Geez Doc Rivers really is a genius coach. He tells Harden.. "Just play like Magic Johnson, but more of a scorer"..

Did he also tell Matthise Thybulle "just play like Dominique Wilkins, but with better shooting?

Is that what he does for motivational speeches when he's losing huge series leads in the playoffs?

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
He'll be the best pick in a long time. Like with Chet and Porzingis though, injuries will be the concern for him with his frame. But he looks phenomenal. There's nothing he can't do. He's a great passer too.
His legs are very skinny. He needs to add weight there big time.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He'll be the best pick in a long time. Like with Chet and Porzingis though, injuries will be the concern for him with his frame. But he looks phenomenal. There's nothing he can't do. He's a great passer too.
He is the type of player that can change the trajectory of a franchise for the next 10 years. I think his frame is closer to Giannis than it is Chet, so he should be able to fill out enough. But he will pick up a few injuries over the first 2 years as his body gets used to NBA level conditioning at that size.

Out of the teams projected to finish low eough to be in with a running to get him, I'd like to see him go to the Spurs. Especially if Pop is looking for one more contract.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He is the type of player that can change the trajectory of a franchise for the next 10 years. I think his frame is closer to Giannis than it is Chet, so he should be able to fill out enough. But he will pick up a few injuries over the first 2 years as his body gets used to NBA level conditioning at that size.

Out of the teams projected to finish low eough to be in with a running to get him, I'd like to see him go to the Spurs. Especially if Pop is looking for one more contract.
I think the Spurs will easily have the worst record this season. Out of all of the tanking teams, their roster is the worst and least competitive. Hopefully for Spurs fans sake they get the #1 pick.

Although as a Celtics fan I'm still burning from when we had two high picks and the best chances to get Duncan with the worst record, but we ended up gettting #3 and #6 which ended up being Chauncey Billups (Rick Pitino traded him halfway through his rookie year) and Ron Mercer.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Scoot Henderson outplaying Victor Wembanyama in this game in the battle of the projected top 2 picks in the 2023 NBA Draft.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I think the Spurs will easily have the worst record this season. Out of all of the tanking teams, their roster is the worst and least competitive. Hopefully for Spurs fans sake they get the #1 pick.

Although as a Celtics fan I'm still burning from when we had two high picks and the best chances to get Duncan with the worst record, but we ended up gettting #3 and #6 which ended up being Chauncey Billups (Rick Pitino traded him halfway through his rookie year) and Ron Mercer.
I remember that time clearly. Boston wanted Duncan so bad but the Spurs sat David Robinson to get the number 1 pick. They even offered the picks for Scottie Pippen & the Bulls declined (Should've accepted). Boston should've taken Tracy McGrady at 6 & held onto Billups.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Imagine the Thunder end up with Holmgrem & Wembanyama. That would be crazy to see.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I remember that time clearly. Boston wanted Duncan so bad but the Spurs sat David Robinson to get the number 1 pick. They even offered the picks for Scottie Pippen & the Bulls declined (Should've accepted). Boston should've taken Tracy McGrady at 6 & held onto Billups.
Ron Mercer over TMac was a colossal fuck up but Pitino coached Mercer at Kentucky and had a hard on for him. He was a disaster as coach/GM..

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
No coach should be given GM powers.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
After watching that, Im convinced Wembanyama is the best prospect since LBJ. Its obviously way too early and anything is possible, but its not even the fact that he is 7'4 with elite perimeter play, but I have never seen a player his size move so fluidly. When you watch players like Porzingis or Chet run they look like theyre dragging the bottom half of their body, but with Wembanyama, he has total control over his whole body and movement, similar to how youd see a much smaller player run. The only guys that are 6'11 and above who move like that are KD, Giannis and Ben Simmons. Its such an underrated aspect of the game.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

I think Utah will continue to gut out their squad, but overall I do think Spurs have the worst record. But with the recent changes to the lottery, the bottom 3 teams have the same chance at landing the first pick. I think the bottom four will be Spurs, Jazz, Rockets and Pacers (if they trade Turner).

A team like the Knicks should be trying to tank because they are just stuck in that 8-12 spot purgatory. Not good enough to win, but not bad enough to get a high lottery pick.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Scoot looks a really good prospect too but he is on the smaller side at 6'2. He shows similar flashes to early Derrick Rose, super explosive and has some ambuigity to his dribble which keeps the defenders guessing. However, if he wants to enter the conversion for number 1 pick he needs to improve his shooting, he only shot 17% from 3 last season and he needs to double that moving forward.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Scoot looks a really good prospect too but he is on the smaller side at 6'2. He shows similar flashes to early Derrick Rose, super explosive and has some ambuigity to his dribble which keeps the defenders guessing. However, if he wants to enter the conversion for number 1 pick he needs to improve his shooting, he only shot 17% from 3 last season and he needs to double that moving forward.
The 2023 draft has the potential to be a Zion vs Ja draft.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The 2023 draft has the potential to be a Zion vs Ja draft.
Definitely, and just like Ja and Zion, I hope the small markets are able to get both of them.

I saw photos of Zion the other day and he is looking a lot thinner, so hopefully we get to see his full potential this year because he is a guaranteed 25 points a game.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Definitely, and just like Ja and Zion, I hope the small markets are able to get both of them.

I saw photos of Zion the other day and he is looking a lot thinner, so hopefully we get to see his full potential this year because he is a guaranteed 25 points a game.
I do not care about players going to small market or big market teams. They're all owned by billionaires.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Fuck Wembanyama is a freak. He was even more impressive today. He can shoot logo 3's with an effortless stroke that's better than most great 3 point shooting guards.

He can hit shimmy turnarounds, stepbacks and has all sorts of other moves. And you can't get a shot off against him, not even hooks or jump shots. He can guard 1-5.

This dude is an alien. He's like a taller Giannis, but with Steph Curry's jump shot. Easily the best pick since LeBron. He's more physical than guys like Chet and Porzingis too. Wembanyama is the first player I've seen since Giannis, KD and LeBron that is a true freak.