The Consolidated Cricket Thread

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Starc took ten in his last test. Could you imagine the damage starc and Hazlewood could do in 7 first class games in crappy England where the decks actually do something. He’s a trundler that shouldn’t be sniffing the playing 12 let alone playing.

Watch him take a bagful now.

I just think the treatment of those two is disgraceful along with Burns and Patterson.
Hazelwood has been ordinary for a long tome and Starc did nothing in the warm up game.... with the exception of that one match against a very poor Sri Lanka.

The selectors got it right for once. It would have been a mistake to go in with three express pace bowlers. A workhorse line and length bowler adds much needed balance to
Our attack. Siddle also has a great bowling partnership with Pattinson from Sheffield Shield.

Last edited:

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
How much have we missed Smith? As usual he was the backbone of the innings. Warner can bat, but he isnt nearly as consistant as Smith, and tbh is more suited to 20/20 or ODIs. You watch now i said that, he will probably come out and hit a ton next innings lol.
Warner is a very good test opener and was fourth highest run scorer during his last Ashes tour of England. He’s our second best batsman. Smith however is a class above Warner and any other test player in the world right now.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I didn't agree with the Siddle selection either, but he has picked up 27 wickets in his last 7 first class games for Essex - so he's obviously able to do something with the Duke ball.

Cricket Australia should be hanging their heads in shame up on their high horses after seeing Smith's innings
They probably think they did the right thing and their stupid knee jerk ban made him a better player.... twats.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Anyway, how good is it to be able to watch the best sport in the world’s most prestigious series in winter and to not have to worry about the dismal bulldogs?

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hazelwood has been ordinary for a long tome and Starc did nothing in the warm up games.... with the exception of that one match against a very poor Sri Lanka.

The selectors got it right for once. It would have been a mistake to go in with three express pace bowlers. A workhorse line and length bowler adds much needed balance to
Our attack. Siddle also has a great bowling partnership with Pattinson from Sheffield Shield.
If they have been ordinary how are they still better then Siddle statistically. I didn’t see Siddle called up in Oz when on flat tracks we played the best batting lineup in the world. Those 4 bowlers (starc Hazelwood Lyon Cummins) deserve first crack at the poms on decks that will actually do something.

Someone raving about Siddles 27 wickets in 7 games. Do they realise that’s less then 2 wickets an innings. This is like raving about Pay and his ability to coach. Accepting mediocre has become the norm here at the kennel.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Hazelwood has been ordinary for a long tome and Starc did nothing in the warm up game.... with the exception of that one match against a very poor Sri Lanka.

The selectors got it right for once. It would have been a mistake to go in with three express pace bowlers. A workhorse line and length bowler adds much needed
If they have been ordinary how are they still better then Siddle statistically. I didn’t see Siddle called up in Oz when on flat tracks we played the best batting lineup in the world. Those 4 bowlers (starc Hazelwood Lyon Cummins) deserve first crack at the poms on decks that will actually do something.

Someone raving about Siddles 27 wickets in 7 games. Do they realise that’s less then 2 wickets an innings. This is like raving about Pay and his ability to coach. Accepting mediocre has become the norm here at the kennel.
Speaking of accepting mediocre, if you’re accepting Hazelwood and Starc’s red ball form over the past 18 months, that’s exactly what you’re doing. Siddle has bowled very well both in England and in the Sheffield Shield recently..... and it’s silly to argue that Starc and Hazelwood bowled against India when they got dominated for most of the series and didn’t get the job done.

Cummins is the best test bowler in the world right now and Pattinson has the potential
to be even better. They both had to play and we needed a workhorse line and length bowler to balance our attack. The two options were Hazelwood and Siddle and of those two, Siddle has been bowling better in recent times. If our bowling attack doesn’t fire in this match, the other two will get their chances, but I think the selectors got it right for the opening test.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Speaking of accepting mediocre, if you’re accepting Hazelwood and Starc’s red ball form over the past 18 months, that’s exactly what you’re doing. Siddle has bowled very well both in England and in the Sheffield Shield recently..... and it’s silly to argue that Starc and Hazelwood bowled against India when they got dominated for most of the series and didn’t get the job done.

Cummins is the best test bowler in the world right now and Pattinson has the potential
to be even better. They both had to play and we needed a workhorse line and length bowler to balance our attack. The two options were Hazelwood and Siddle and of those two, Siddle has been bowling better in recent times. If our bowling attack doesn’t fire in this match, the other two will get their chances, but I think the selectors got it right for the opening test.
I could counter this but I won’t bother. You love mediocre and I’m sure you are loving being on the lounge ready to watch siddles 125k deliveries. What a night!

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I could counter this but I won’t bother. You love mediocre and I’m sure you are loving being on the lounge ready to watch siddles 125k deliveries. What a night!
Translation: I could counter this, but I won’t because I know I can’t come up with a convincing counter argument, so I will resort to a snarky but ineffective attempt to undermine your post. ;)

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Translation: I could counter this, but I won’t because I know I can’t come up with a convincing counter argument, so I will resort to a snarky but ineffective attempt to undermine your post. ;)
Your post sucks even you know that. I have no issue with Pattinson playing. Siddle is the issue.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
But I also have an issue with 17 in the squad. No backup spinner or keeper according to Hohns so they are carrying about 3 players who won’t play just because they had no balls to tell people they aren’t good enough. Plus the 27 staff they have seriously what the hell is that about. What could they possibly need 27 people on tour who are not part of the playing group. CA have lost the plot jobs for the boys

Squash the Berries!

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Smith is the best batter since Bradman. He’s a superstar
I agree amazing when you consider players like Greg Chappell, Alan Border and Ricky Pointing and to think he was labelled the next Shane Warne when first selected.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I agree amazing when you consider players like Greg Chappell, Alan Border and Ricky Pointing and to think he was labelled the next Shane Warne when first selected.
Avgs 90 in first innings of a test match. Bradman 113.

Spot on about how they thought he could be a Warne all rounder when he first started. His career development has been amazing to watch.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Your post sucks even you know that. I have no issue with Pattinson playing. Siddle is the issue.
Well it doesn’t suck as much as Roy’s batting.... I can definitely say thst with confidence.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I lied he’s at 129!!

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Another huge blunder when it comes to use of the DRS. Ugh!

Squash the Berries!

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
But I also have an issue with 17 in the squad. No backup spinner or keeper according to Hohns so they are carrying about 3 players who won’t play just because they had no balls to tell people they aren’t good enough. Plus the 27 staff they have seriously what the hell is that about. What could they possibly need 27 people on tour who are not part of the playing group. CA have lost the plot jobs for the boys
I suppose the thinking is Wade as keeper, Would like to of seen our best young leggie Pope? instead of Neser and Pucovski/Patterson instead of Marsh.