News 'The club is worse off now': Bulldogs figure calls for Anderson to step down

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think the things we can all agree on here are.
1) This hostile action is very poorly timed. We should be fully focused on getting the best quality players in right now.

2) Those running the rival ticket haven't shown any form of class in being so cloak and dagger. I don't see how they'd be up front and honest with fans if they are elected.

3) They've timed all of this so that if they do get into power, it's at a time when the hard yards are done and the unpopular decisions have been made.

4) In spite of the fact that the media are and have been hostile towards our club since around 2000, they've drip fed their own version of the truth to this hostile media who have used it to damage our brand and give the appearance that the board isn't able to function.

And I know there are things that are contentious ideas between people on here.
a) Recruitment strategy- part of the forum think a few star players will turn us around and that we should get these at whatever cost, while others think recruiting astutely and having money left to spend on key positions is more wise.

b) Communication levels from the board- Some want a blow by blow update on recruitment attempts and all the activities going on behind closed doors. While others are ok with only hearing when the board has finalized a signing or implemented something.

C) Who's in charge- Probably the most polarising thing here is the difference of opinion on the members of the board. Most would agree that the old board steered the ship into the rocks. Some think that our current board is heading back for the rocks while others aren't convinced that they are. Others like myself are convinced that the only way to know is to watch from the deck and not scream constantly.

All things considered, the differences of opinion are fine. But we're all at loggerheads because we share a love for the team. Lets at least be civil with one another. There's precious little we can change individually. But we can at least present a unified front as a fanbase. The old us against the world spirit is an admirable thing. I'm sure that many opposition fans would look at the insults hurled around with much amusement. If we as a fanbase can't get along, we shouldn't expect any better from our management.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
" If we as a fanbase can't get along, we shouldn't expect any better from our management."

So true Alan.
Been saying it for a long time now.

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like I’m competing with you then SFA :-).
Yes Ballesty was there but you’re suggesting McIntyre ‘took the fall’ out of his good grace?
Turn it up.
He was thrown under the bus?
How would he have ‘done it differently?’
He was in the thick of it.
And again - for the 2018 election - he did that out of the goodness of his heart? As if...
DD,DD,DD!!!!!!!
Don’t let facts get in the way of your narrative;

SMH 15/3/18:-

Controversially, Mrs Anderson and her husband Chris, a former successful coach with the club, are backing the return of Gary McIntyre, who has the number one position on the ticket.

He said he was also “fuelled with enthusiasm by the return of his previous CEO John Ballesty.” Mr Ballesty, who has previously admitted he was aware of the scheme to breach the salary cap, was recently elected to the football club board and is one of the four nominated to the league club board.

Doesn’t appear Lynne paid too much attention to dad’s words. Even with your staunch support for Lynne & Co, join the dots.
It’s not just disgruntled sponsors,ex staff & players behind the push. The way both sides are playing this out in the media is deplorable.

Messrs Dunn, Ballesty & intriguingly Craig Laundy using various media outlets as their soapbox demonstrates just how concerned & serious they’re taking this.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
DD,DD,DD!!!!!!!
Don’t let facts get in the way of your narrative;

SMH 15/3/18:-

Controversially, Mrs Anderson and her husband Chris, a former successful coach with the club, are backing the return of Gary McIntyre, who has the number one position on the ticket.

He said he was also “fuelled with enthusiasm by the return of his previous CEO John Ballesty.” Mr Ballesty, who has previously admitted he was aware of the scheme to breach the salary cap, was recently elected to the football club board and is one of the four nominated to the league club board.

Doesn’t appear Lynne paid too much attention to dad’s words. Even with your staunch support for Lynne & Co, join the dots.
It’s not just disgruntled sponsors,ex staff & players behind the push. The way both sides are playing this out in the media is deplorable.

Messrs Dunn, Ballesty & intriguingly Craig Laundy using various media outlets as their soapbox demonstrates just how concerned & serious they’re taking this.
Huh? What narrative? And what does any of that prove? OK, so Lynne didn’t listen to dad and she let the tiger into the tent - her call. Dance with the devil, expect repercussions.

The point of my original post was McIntyre was front and centre of the 2002 debacle and you’ve tried to turn it into something else. Why only you know.

The thing is SFA, I couldn’t give a damn who’s in the chair, provided it’s not any of those who’ve planted bombs in the joint in the past and McIntyre is among those names along with Noad and Dib. The likes of Ballesty, Anderson and Dunn will eventually be replaced as well and I have no issue with that provided it’s the right time and suitable candidates.

My ‘narrative’ as you like to call it has NEVER changed and it is simply to STOP disruptions and let those elected to lead the club see out their term(s) and deliver what they said they would. If they deserve to keep their spots they will and if they don’t they won’t - it’s quite simple. But airing dirty laundry in public, threatening and actively trying to hold EGM’s etc only hurts the club. It’s a pathetic power play by people concerned more with themselves than what’s good for the club.

So back to ‘facts’ and ‘narrative’.
What you call my ‘staunch support for Lynne and Co’ I’d be more likely to call your ongoing despise of the same people - and that’s fine, it’s a democracy after all. What I REALLY want is for this club to move forward with the right people in position to help do that. Green shoots are emerging for 2021 as was always stated. If they don’t blossom by this time next year well the 2022 election is the time to make necessary changes isn’t it. NOT now.

And please don’t try to twist my words again with something that suits whatever you want to say. Say what you want to say and leave me out of it. Cheers.

Punchbowl Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the things we can all agree on here are.
1) This hostile action is very poorly timed. We should be fully focused on getting the best quality players in right now.

2) Those running the rival ticket haven't shown any form of class in being so cloak and dagger. I don't see how they'd be up front and honest with fans if they are elected.

3) They've timed all of this so that if they do get into power, it's at a time when the hard yards are done and the unpopular decisions have been made.

4) In spite of the fact that the media are and have been hostile towards our club since around 2000, they've drip fed their own version of the truth to this hostile media who have used it to damage our brand and give the appearance that the board isn't able to function.

And I know there are things that are contentious ideas between people on here.
a) Recruitment strategy- part of the forum think a few star players will turn us around and that we should get these at whatever cost, while others think recruiting astutely and having money left to spend on key positions is more wise.

b) Communication levels from the board- Some want a blow by blow update on recruitment attempts and all the activities going on behind closed doors. While others are ok with only hearing when the board has finalized a signing or implemented something.

C) Who's in charge- Probably the most polarising thing here is the difference of opinion on the members of the board. Most would agree that the old board steered the ship into the rocks. Some think that our current board is heading back for the rocks while others aren't convinced that they are. Others like myself are convinced that the only way to know is to watch from the deck and not scream constantly.

All things considered, the differences of opinion are fine. But we're all at loggerheads because we share a love for the team. Lets at least be civil with one another. There's precious little we can change individually. But we can at least present a unified front as a fanbase. The old us against the world spirit is an admirable thing. I'm sure that many opposition fans would look at the insults hurled around with much amusement. If we as a fanbase can't get along, we shouldn't expect any better from our management.
Shit that's a good post Alan

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Huh? What narrative? And what does any of that prove? OK, so Lynne didn’t listen to dad and she let the tiger into the tent - her call. Dance with the devil, expect repercussions.

The point of my original post was McIntyre was front and centre of the 2002 debacle and you’ve tried to turn it into something else. Why only you know.

The thing is SFA, I couldn’t give a damn who’s in the chair, provided it’s not any of those who’ve planted bombs in the joint in the past and McIntyre is among those names along with Noad and Dib. The likes of Ballesty, Anderson and Dunn will eventually be replaced as well and I have no issue with that provided it’s the right time and suitable candidates.

My ‘narrative’ as you like to call it has NEVER changed and it is simply to STOP disruptions and let those elected to lead the club see out their term(s) and deliver what they said they would. If they deserve to keep their spots they will and if they don’t they won’t - it’s quite simple. But airing dirty laundry in public, threatening and actively trying to hold EGM’s etc only hurts the club. It’s a pathetic power play by people concerned more with themselves than what’s good for the club.

So back to ‘facts’ and ‘narrative’.
What you call my ‘staunch support for Lynne and Co’ I’d be more likely to call your ongoing despise of the same people - and that’s fine, it’s a democracy after all. What I REALLY want is for this club to move forward with the right people in position to help do that. Green shoots are emerging for 2021 as was always stated. If they don’t blossom by this time next year well the 2022 election is the time to make necessary changes isn’t it. NOT now.

And please don’t try to twist my words again with something that suits whatever you want to say. Say what you want to say and leave me out of it. Cheers.
Thanks Mate your posts make a lot of sense I'll keep reading them.