News 'The club is worse off now': Bulldogs figure calls for Anderson to step down

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Me too. I know that doc George was a very good footballer but i have heard from people in the know when it comes to admin he is not that good.
After saying that he also must know that the Andersons are also not very good with business.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Me too. I know that doc George was a very good footballer but i have heard from people in the know when it comes to admin he is not that good.
Well he seems to have done a pretty good job with NSWRL but I don't know for sure.

Lets hope this mess gets sorted real soon.

Roscothebulldog

Waterboy
Reaction score
Thanks mate. Just another nuffie fan with a opinion and a concern for the club :grinning:

I just want to have my say and don't support either side.

I've heard the stories like so many others and if there's anything to it, I want it all explained.

Back in 2018 Dr George was very uncharacteristically against the Anderson's and put in 2 extra directors to try and maintain some oversight (he says).

I was one of his harshest critics for that but I guess I learnt that its silly to form a view, passionately argue with people on here then in hindsight realise I took that position just going on personal belief and not with all the facts. Thats the trouble in all this. We are basing our rants and vitriol mainly on which side of the fence we support. It should both sides present their facts and evaluate from there.

I vehemently supported and argued in support of Pay. I was wrong on that one.

Thats all I'm saying. Let's wait till we hear what theyve got to say on why they've done this.

It seems totally stupid to act before the AGM but there's 113 people who signed that petition. Why? We don't know.

I only care about the club climbing back off the floor.

My personal view is the past 3 years have been wasted, footy wise.

No excuses can justify our results and recruitment or inept retention in my mind but that's just me... and my opinion alone.

Others can have their opinions, it does not trigger me to insult them because they don't agree with me.

I just want to see us scandal free, competitive and play entertaining footy.

If we have to go through all this BS to get there, we cant change whats happened with the call for an EGM, so it had bloody well better be worth it.
An intelligent, well balanced post.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Give me people like McIntyre being involved and being proactive with winning and being number 1 as the main goal.

Do you think the NRL has caught every cap cheat there has ever been? I'd much rather be rolling the dice bending the rules then being a cellar dweller playing by the rules.
Bingo ... Look at all the ***** that have cheated and got a slap on the wrist, fucking Sharks even said they cheated the year before and after not during and fucking nothing happened. Yet we go through 3-4 years of shit like plebs lol

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Bingo ... Look at all the c*** that have cheated and got a slap on the wrist, fucking Sharks even said they cheated the year before and after not during and fucking nothing happened. Yet we go through 3-4 years of shit like plebs lol
But when we get a major sponsor who's rich as fuck and rally wants to be hands on with the club it's wrong? I don't get it personally.

Mcintyre = good because he's in business but never stepped forward to put money into club in recent years

Laundry = bad because ... IDK really?

This isn't directed at you btw

Reactions: ATT

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
But when we get a major sponsor who's rich as fuck and rally wants to be hands on with the club it's wrong? I don't get it personally.

Mcintyre = good because he's in business but never stepped forward to put money into club in recent years

Laundry = bad because ... IDK really?

This isn't directed at you btw
I'm not siding with anyone... Merely stating that playing by the rules is for mugs in the modern game... Every fucker that's winning a comp these days is doing something dodgy, maybe Panthers can be that exception

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'm not siding with anyone... Merely stating that playing by the rules is for mugs in the modern game... Every fucker that's winning a comp these days is doing something dodgy, maybe Panthers can be that exception
As I said. Not directed at you at all mate.

And completely agree with you. It's actually why I'm quite excited about the Laudrys getting involved as can see that element of 'dodgyness' coming back into the way we run the club.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
As I said. Not directed at you at all mate.

And completely agree with you. It's actually why I'm quite excited about the Laudrys getting involved as can see that element of 'dodgyness' coming back into the way we run the club.
I’d like to think of it more as having a bit of mongrel mate. And mongrel doesn’t have to equal dodgy.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
All I'll say, is if that Oasis development had of proceeded, on face value, we would have been the biggest, richest club in NSW at least, with Panthers like grounds facilities and infrastructure.

If McIntyre was so discredited, why did Lynne seek his help?

People need to calm down.

We dont know any of the state of play atm but many of us have friends, contacts close to the club who have been saying these things for quite some time now. Dr George warned about them. Does that mean he had his hand in the till or was power hungry?

People are getting themselves irrationally upset when they dont even know fully what this is about or whether there is reasonable grievance about Lynne, Dunn, Ballesty.

Having said thatà this group are trashing these people's names and reputations so they better bloody have a good case to put otherwise they'll ALL be laughed out of town.

Surely they know that, yet are still pursuing this. They're putting their reputations on the line by doing this. If its all bs then they will rightly be run outa town.

Lets wait for more information and agree its been handled badly by both sides as far as I can see.

We just want the club successful, run well and back to our entertaining and winning ways.

Whatever happens it looks like members have to chose one or other of these groups because they cant work together.

It should be like with our PM elections. If you lose, get out and don't cause trouble in the ranks forever more or wait till the next election.

These people will HAVE to explain in detail when the EGM is called why they have decided to call one and what's their beef against the 3 directors they've targeted.

They dont have a convincing argument, then they will be shunned as troublemakers and that would surely affect their chances at the next official AGM.

If you're a supporter of this Board, that very scenario may play out and give some joy.

Let's calm down till we hear.
It would be good if their acolytes could explain to us what their detailed and costed plan, and timetable for success is if they are to take over. Just trashing the current board, and moaning about the club is no different from the rubbish we see at federal elections. The members deserve to know in advance what the alternative is on offer.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Ambitions and capability’s are two thing’s you should never confuse in life but all the best with that
Lol
Cheers mate. If all else fails I’ll go fishing

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
It would be good if their acolytes could explain to us what their detailed and costed plan, and timetable for success is if they are to take over. Just trashing the current board, and moaning about the club is no different from the rubbish we see at federal elections. The members deserve to know in advance what the alternative is on offer.
Agree Chris. This is a footy version of Mediscare.
No substance.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Are you sure the infighting is at board level? Because for what I am seeing on here, it's an absolute madhouse!!

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I guess that will happen asap the EGM announced.

They cant sit back then and will have to make their pitch then.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Exactly and they have flat out refused to answer questions when THEY breached members privacy by calling personal numbers. That has got a lot of people offside and they have ruined any slim chance they had at an EGM and now as a rival ticket in future

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Exactly and they have flat out refused to answer questions when THEY breached members privacy by calling personal numbers. That has got a lot of people offside and they have ruined any slim chance they had at an EGM and now as a rival ticket in future
Still waiting by the phone for a call.
They just have to look me up in the White Pages lol

oldman

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
While I am certainly not a fan of Anderson it’s not the right time to be calling for heads on a stick. We need time for TBaz to get his feet under the desk and work out what he wants to do with what remains of the pot of gold.

I have no reason to believe there isn’t a nice bundle of cash left to spend on players, but it needs to be spent by the incoming coach.

We need to show patience, things have changed, the club has cleared out a number of players and now is not the time to agitate the sponsors.

I openly welcome the Laundy’s to the club, along with any other sponsor that wishes to contribute to our on-field success. This club needs corporate professionals on the board, people who are willing to stump up their own dollars to make the club successful.

I would encourage the club to have one past club captain on the board, but no ex-players that haven’t captained the team for extended periods. If a player wasn’t good enough to lead the club on the field, then they aren’t good enough to lead the club off the field.

Successful clubs are backed by corporate dollars, not by bar-flys and ex-players.

Let’s reassess where we are this time next year before we break out the pitchforks and start tearing the joint down.