The Aerosexual Thread

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Antonov An-124 knew the way to San Jose...

View attachment 29197
Fucking covid had I trip getting organised to Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, part of it was going to the antonov factory in Ukraine and having a crack on the antonov simulator at their manufacturing plant grrrrrrrrrrr

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
MiG-31 Foxhound clocks 1900mph (3057kmh)

I understand they use valve technology, because valves are not affected by nuclear magnetic waves like solid state is.
The Russians make good military grade valves - their Svetlana's are running on my hifi amplifier, and sound fantastic.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
The Qantas Founders Museum at Longreach might be interested if you want to donate it to them. It's a fabulous museum; well worth a visit.
I've actually driven past it once, to this day I still can't figure out why the hell I didn't stop, but its definitely on the list I must climb on the 707

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Good thing TAM (now LATAM) overtook this as the - er - ‘new’ Italian carrier replacing Alitalia is called ITA too.
There you go ,learn something every day, I never understood why LATAM had daily flights from Sydney to Auckland, like emerirates apparently it's more cost effective doing a run to nz than it is sitting at syd,LATAM also had cheap as shit buisness class syd to Auckland which would of been cool to check out, these days them being close to that Peru variant of covid not so much

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
There you go ,learn something every day, I never understood why LATAM had daily flights from Sydney to Auckland, like emerirates apparently it's more cost effective doing a run to nz than it is sitting at syd,LATAM also had cheap as shit buisness class syd to Auckland which would of been cool to check out, these days them being close to that Peru variant of covid not so much
Yep, LATAM was the merger of TAM (Brazil) and Lan Chile (er, obvious :-)) and Lan Chile had traffic rights to Oz via NZ initially for range purposes on older A342’s. Now the B789 can go non-stop but (pre-Rona at least) they were still via NZ. I don’t know the details but must be fifth freedom rights. You wouldn’t stop if you didn’t have to and couldn’t pick up passengers/revenue.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Saw a bit of graffiti on a toilet door in London - "cunnilingus is not an Irish airline".
We must’ve been in different pubs because I saw something similar in a London pub that said: ‘Cunnilingus spoken here’ :tearsofjoy:.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've actually driven past it once, to this day I still can't figure out why the hell I didn't stop, but its definitely on the list I must climb on the 707
They'll take you through it, and you can pay a bit extra to do a wing walk. The 747 has an extra engine attached, to show how they could ferry a complete engine, in a special pod, if needed. Odd to se a five engined 747. They do a spectacular light and sound show in the early evening.

You should come on my dinosaur tour; we spend an afternoon at the Qantas Museum before we head off to Winton.