The 2015 Formula One Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
this weekends spanish gp i think red bull will be more competitive than they have been all season because their car still has the best downforce for most of that lap, probably mercedes will still win though

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
this weekends spanish gp i think red bull will be more competitive than they have been all season because their car still has the best downforce for most of that lap, probably mercedes will still win though
Your mate or Rosberg?

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Your mate or Rosberg?
i hope rosberg but he missed his chance on his best tracks bahrain, malaysia and china partly due to rain

hamilton is better on these old tracks

actually **** it im tipping ricciardo to win tbh

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
i hope rosberg but he missed his chance on his best tracks bahrain, malaysia and china partly due to rain

hamilton is better on these old tracks

actually **** it im tipping ricciardo to win tbh
ffs is it too late to take this back, practice session it looks like mercedes is more dominant than ever

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
And there away.

Love the thermal image camera for the cars tyres when they go around corners.

Who will win this 1?

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
its a nice strategy battle, rosberg went longer on the tyres and has a great chance to wear hamilton down

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
yes rosberg hunting down hamilton now, hamilton couldnt create enough advantage in the 2nd stint and now he is in trouble

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Boring race, but soooooo happy for Ricciardo...

A well deserved first (official) podium for him.

I would not be suprised if in the future, we are looking at our next Aussie F1 World Champion.

col of birchmen

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
RIP Sir Jack Brabham. This country has failed to recognize his achievements. Its one thing to win a world championship in F1 its another to start up your own team and win it again. A feat that will never happen again. A true legend, I hope now in death he gets the recognition he deserves.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Sad day for Australian motorsport when without doubt our most successful F1 driver passes away.

As you say col, he never really got the accolades as a sportsperson that he deserved in many ways, as was often overshadowed by others. He should be held in as high regard as Prost, Piquet, Stewart, Senna, etc.

He is to motor racing (not just F1) what Don Bradman is to cricket.

I'm just so lucky to have seen his cars the other year at the F1...

There has never been, and will never be another champion of F1 winning in a car their built themselves, in their own team. That will forever be in the history books.

col of birchmen

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tell you one thing, to be racing in the "Death Years" era and live to the age of 88 is a huge achievement in itself, no doubt he's racing his mate Bruce McLaren once again. John Surtees is now the oldest surviving world champion.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
of course hes before my time but i knew his achievements, however i assumed he was just a guy who paid for the team and car etc but now i see he was heavily involved in the engineering so its really unbelievable stuff, RIP

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I'm still amazed how young Jackie Stewart (74) looks, and (and I realise the accident had a lot to do with it) but Nikki Lauda I thought was late 70s early 80s. He's only mid 60s.

So yeah 1964 F1 Champion John Surtees (80), and then 1969 F1 World Champion Jackie Stewart (74) and Emmerson Fittipaldi (67?) are the three oldest remaining F1 champions, and sadly with the passing of Jack Brabham, means there are no more drivers alive from the 1950s of F1, and only two remaining survivors from the 1960s.

As you say Col, it's a remarkable achievement given many didn't survive to finish their F1 careers in the 50s and 60s.

With Jackie Stewart came the push for better safety standards.

On another note, if you haven't seen both RUSH and the F1 documentary called "1", I totally recommend getting and watching both.

Likewise another brilliant documentary was Grand Prix: The Killer Years, in which Jackie Stewart talks of the crash in 1966 that lead him to push for safety reforms.

He is largely the reason why many survive today in the sport.

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
RIP Sir Jack Brabham.

Legend & champion of a world wide sport!

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
lets go rosberg tbh, he should have this pole especially after lewis hamilton claimed his upbringing disadvantage makes him more hungry, a few wins in a row and he gets carried away again

Status
Not open for further replies.