That time of year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Guys, there are things we don't love about our playing structure, some things aren't gelling, whatever..... there is one game left in the regular season, then we are into the premiership rounds.

While I personally agree with some of the points made about changes we should make, and disagree with others, we are literally 1 more game away from the business end of the season. Reality is, there isn't going to be any huge changes in the next week or two, it isn't possible or realistic to think there would be.

I find the petitions and emails to our club over the last few days referenced here distasteful, pointless, and counter productive. I think it might be a good time to either support the club we all love, or just be quite...... then organise any voice or action you want post season and right into next season if you like, but doing it right now your firstly not likely to get a real response because you'd hope the club is focused on the job at hand, and secondly, if you do get their attention, your taking it away from where it should be.

Lets not be the type of fans that derail their own clubs season and feed bad press, if you want to be the voice for change...... change happens in the off season, not now when it isn't even possible.

You want the club to listen? no question they will listen more then when they are organising the next membership drive, right now, they would be right to ignore this, they have a job to do, which started in March and none of us want to end until October.

Discuss, debate, share your thoughts here, its what the Kennel is for, but think it over before you decide to launch a complaint to the club and ask them to look at that quite likely during the lead up to our first finals game in just two weeks time? This is the time of year we as fans wait for all year long.

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
I understand your point but if they cannot handle feedback and back themselves to tweak whatever is necessary so we do not hit the iceberg then they need to change or be replaced. They are not a big dinosaur set in their ways - they have many players that can take on a different approach - like 2 props no longer charging it up in the 20 m zone. Ideas like that are easily done - how we do not make sure Rona, the Morris twins, Beastwood, Jackson through Reynolds and Mbye are not the main attackers is beyond me - surely we can see we are pushing crap up hill with our existing structure and back ourselves to change it.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Some posts sound like its that time of the month

That said its warranted . we're playing ****

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Guys, there are things we don't love about our playing structure, some things aren't gelling, whatever..... there is one game left in the regular season, then we are into the premiership rounds.

While I personally agree with some of the points made about changes we should make, and disagree with others, we are literally 1 more game away from the business end of the season. Reality is, there isn't going to be any huge changes in the next week or two, it isn't possible or realistic to think there would be.

I find the petitions and emails to our club over the last few days referenced here distasteful, pointless, and counter productive. I think it might be a good time to either support the club we all love, or just be quite...... then organise any voice or action you want post season and right into next season if you like, but doing it right now your firstly not likely to get a real response because you'd hope the club is focused on the job at hand, and secondly, if you do get their attention, your taking it away from where it should be.

Lets not be the type of fans that derail their own clubs season and feed bad press, if you want to be the voice for change...... change happens in the off season, not now when it isn't even possible.

You want the club to listen? no question they will listen more then when they are organising the next membership drive, right now, they would be right to ignore this, they have a job to do, which started in March and none of us want to end until October.

Discuss, debate, share your thoughts here, its what the Kennel is for, but think it over before you decide to launch a complaint to the club and ask them to look at that quite likely during the lead up to our first finals game in just two weeks time? This is the time of year we as fans wait for all year long.
thanks for your perspective....I'll take it on board

Bozzo

Kennel Established
Reaction score

Mate the club is in shambles. We've lost our way. Unless the fans do something now nothing will change in the off-season. Media will forget about it, players will forget about and we'll be left with same rubbish next year. Probably worse considering we're losing Rona and Perret.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Change will be difficult this time of year. For example, how will we accurately force repeat sets if we have been trained consistently to roll over on the last? How do you remove the 4th tackle hitup ingrained in Tolmans mind when its been programmed by Des. As much as I want change we are too set in our ways for things to be vastly different this week or next. I agree sweeping changes are needed, in the off-season, starting with the way Des makes us perform. These dogs need to play more free, to be let off the strict masters leash. He is holding them back...

Last edited:

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I disagree, kick in the bum is exactly what this mob need. They are derailing this season just fine without us so any criticism may remind them they are spose to be professional and a return is expected of their massive pay packets. I do agree noting will and can change before finals though. I have been quiet towards the club for 3 years now, I have sent Raelene an email and ask everyone else too aswell otherwise get back in the paddock.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I waited for the dogs to have multiple chances to secure a top 4 position to have a realistic shot at a title they fucked that . anything out of the top 4 you are cannon fodder i have no desire to torture myself any longer and have false hope that they can pull anything out their arseholes.
Game over man game over

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

True,
Nothing is going to change in our game plan over the finals, how can it? It hasn't changed in 4 years,

So you are right,
Sending emails and the like won't change anything in the short term,

But those sending the emails are the fans who still love the club, and want action for the future, as we are over 4 years of under achieving,

We are the Bulldogs,

For most of us who have followed the mighty Bulldogs for 40 years, we are use to winning premierships,

And we are over due for a premiership,

Wining premierships is ultimatly the name of the game,

We are not going to win a premiership doing what we are currently doing,
And the changes required to win this premiership are not being made,

So some of us have the balls to be leaders and let the club know that change is required,

Others can happily sit on their hands if you like,

Just don't sit there and criticise the ones being proactive about the problem,

mattressback

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I waited for the dogs to have multiple chances to secure a top 4 position to have a realistic shot at a title they fucked that . anything out of the top 4 you are cannon fodder i have no desire to torture myself any longer and have false hope that they can pull anything out their arseholes.
Game over man game over
I love your comments, South...

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
True,
Nothing is going to change in our game plan over the finals, how can it? It hasn't changed in 4 years,

So you are right,
Sending emails and the like won't change anything in the short term,

But those sending the emails are the fans who still love the club, and want action for the future, as we are over 4 years of under achieving,

We are the Bulldogs,

For most of us who have followed the mighty Bulldogs for 40 years, we are use to winning premierships,

And we are over due for a premiership,

Wining premierships is ultimatly the name of the game,

We are not going to win a premiership doing what we are currently doing,
And the changes required to win this premiership are not being made,

So some of us have the balls to be leaders and let the club know that change is required,

Others can happily sit on their hands if you like,

Just don't sit there and criticise the ones being proactive about the problem,
Exactly this.
And when the club finally wises up and makes the changes required, it'll be the same guys going "see, I told you the club knows what they're doing".

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

Well said. Bravo.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's not just the fans speaking up; commentators, journalists, and players from other clubs, all have the same assessment of the Bulldogs style and potential. We are singing from the same songsheet. So, if the administration can't see it, someone has to let them know. As long as our requests aren't abusive or offensive, we have every right to tell them.

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Not suggesting it isn't ok to not be happy with our current state, just more so pointing out it is literally impossible to make any significant change with 1 regular season game left, so your options are enjoy it for what it is, don't enjoy it, or rage against something that there is 0% chance of changing at the present moment.

If you feel a change of staff, players, tactics, or anything else is required, I don't have an issue with that, I just see it can't possibly happen in then next week or two so why torture yourself fighting a battle that even if absolutely everyone agreed, it would be pointless RIGHT NOW anyway?

Post season would be the time to present that kind of thing to the club, even right into pre season, but right now even if your/our/whoever thoughts caught any kind of traction there is just no way at all anyone could actually act on them.

I personally figure if you have a seat at the table you have a chance, so I'll just try to enjoy the Bulldogs chances for what they are, still feel like I did months ago.... we are off the pace a little, but this time of year, this is what we where all anticipating before round one no doubt, so why not have a little hope and enjoy it right now, and call for whatever change you feel is needed in a few weeks when something could possibly come from it?

(and truthfully, you want the club to hear you and answer? then put the questions to them when they are planing for next season, not right now when they aren't/shouldn't be thinking about anything beyond next week and the week after).

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some of us are just a bit fed up with hoping our team can win. We want a team we expect can win.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Against the Bronco's we tried to offload in every tackle, against the Cowboys we were too scared to offload.
We need to still try to pass as much as possible but only when its safe to do so which means have a bloody look.
We need to realize how fortunate we are to be 6th this time of year and grasp the opportunity.

Status
Not open for further replies.