That "2011 Bullduds" banner at the game today

Status
Not open for further replies.

suiker

Top bird
Reaction score
I agree with the Moore sentiments, but not the Ryan bagging. Even though I agree with part of it, I still think it was wrong to have at the game. We're there to SUPPORT our team. We make banners so the boys can look up and find a bit of inspiration from us. I don't know what it's like to be out there on the field, but my guess is having the crowd behind you does have a positive impact. So what happens when you look up at your fans and see that?

Patten fired up about it on twitter so obviously it's not something the team take kindly to.

Also, when these knobs were a few rows in front of me they were holding it up when we scored. Ok then.

And while we're talking about security issues, I forgot my pass yesterday and used one of the boys' passes to get into the kennel. The security guard turned the pass over to check the clearly male name and still let me in. I'm glad I was let in but wow.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I wonder how some of you guys would survive as Sharks or Parramatta fans.

Rani

True Blue
Reaction score
That banner was so wrong. I'm not a fan of Moore, but to publicly denounce him at a game by so-called supporters is not on. And putting Ryan on that banner clearly proves to me that these morons don't have a clue, he's been one of our best in a pretty mediocre team. I've never been embarrassed of being a dog's fan before, but I was yesterday. And if anyone had a bit of sense in them, they would realise that this banner put all dogs supporters in a bad light.

purpleskittles

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The Andrew Ryan reference was disgusting. He has been trying his arse off and one of our best this year in a side that's been terrible. I don't think it was an appropriate thing to do. I don't even agree with the player bashings on the forum. It's a complete different thing to give constructive criticism.

MAD DOG

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i don't see how bobcat is on there when he is consistently one of our best

not saying he's setting the world on fire, but he is far better than most of our forwards
x2

leave bobcat out of this mess... he has been probably our BEST player by far all season. I dont see any Eastwood signs? he is overweight and hasnt done anything yet... if his name wasn't Eastwood, he would have been dropped.

KMoore is the problem. Simple. Its becoming a joke. Last year was pathetic, we stood by our club...we then bought like crazy for '11, and look at this pathetic year so far.... enough is enough... what happened to the old days when we used to scout unknown players from NZ rugby leaugue and union, from country NSW and especially QLD. We had the best scouters in the game, were we would buy nobodies with potential and make them superstars. I guess bullfrog's legacy is wearing off. He was a legend of recruitment drive and discovering talent.

Unfortunately, another few losses in the next couple of weeks and our club will be in crisis, if not it already is now.

G

Gladiator.

I agree with the Moore sentiments, but not the Ryan bagging. Even though I agree with part of it, I still think it was wrong to have at the game. We're there to SUPPORT our team. We make banners so the boys can look up and find a bit of inspiration from us. I don't know what it's like to be out there on the field, but my guess is having the crowd behind you does have a positive impact. So what happens when you look up at your fans and see that?

Patten fired up about it on twitter so obviously it's not something the team take kindly to.

Also, when these knobs were a few rows in front of me they were holding it up when we scored. Ok then.

And while we're talking about security issues, I forgot my pass yesterday and used one of the boys' passes to get into the kennel. The security guard turned the pass over to check the clearly male name and still let me in. I'm glad I was let in but wow.
Is there something you're not telling us Anna. Or should I say Andrew!

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I think that the banner overall was mainly targeted at Kevin, and rightly so.

I don't think they intended to criticize Bobcat in terms of his effort or ability. Whether he is the ideal captain at the club, is a matter for the coach, and a matter of opinion for the fans.

People here got criticized a few weeks back for not being true supporters if they intended on not turning up to the games in protest. Well these guys actually turned up to the game, wore their jerseys and voiced their concerns, albeit in an unorthodox fashion. By talking about it here on the forums, and getting noticed, they got what they wanted.

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
... Well these guys actually turned up to the game, wore their jerseys and voiced their concerns, albeit in an unorthodox fashion. By talking about it here on the forums, and getting noticed, they got what they wanted.
So what ? They should be applauded ???

The "End" doesn't justify the "means".

G

Gladiator.

I think that the banner overall was mainly targeted at Kevin, and rightly so.

I don't think they intended to criticize Bobcat in terms of his effort or ability. Whether he is the ideal captain at the club, is a matter for the coach, and a matter of opinion for the fans.

People here got criticized a few weeks back for not being true supporters if they intended on not turning up to the games in protest. Well these guys actually turned up to the game, wore their jerseys and voiced their concerns, albeit in an unorthodox fashion. By talking about it here on the forums, and getting noticed, they got what they wanted.
Exactly what I said habib, they got their 5min of fame from it, which they intended to do.

=Sarah=

Long live MJ
Reaction score
They are a disgrace to our club- FFS our "supporters" piss me right off sometimes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Breeding pups

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
look all of you ryan lovers what has he done. scored tried no
busted tackles no
makes tackles yes not bad at it
lead by example sorry no
we said in 08 that it was sonnys fault
then in 09 he had a very average year
in 2010 went missing
in 2011 has all the good players around him and still cant get it right
he might be a champion bloke and has done alot for the community but that doesnt justify BEEN OUR BEST PLAYER

Rani

True Blue
Reaction score
You're an idiot. Were you one of the MOOREONs holding the banner???

habibsta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
exactly. Supporters shouldn't be taking banners like that to their own game. This is all becoming a ridiculous joke now.
NO way we pay 1200 for my family PER YEAR for memberhips 20 dollars for parking each week $70food and over $1000 for merchanidise. Good on the banner boys the club without us is nothing and we need to voice our opinions. If we dont say anything than they will just keep on rolling out the same crap. We have the best avergae crowds in the NRL, sell the most merchandise the most vocal and PASSIONATE supporters we they cant beat Cronulla or the reserve Grade Canberra side please.... Real supporters stand up when something needs to change and say enough is enough. We dont sit in a corner with our flags saying it will be allright we will get better we demand it. We have the most money and sponsers in the we are financially better than any club and we roll out and lose to a team which should even be in the NRL financially and play with NO HEART or URGENCY they play like moore coaches Clueless, Slow and no energy

B4L

Kennel Established
Reaction score
i don't see how bobcat is on there when he is consistently one of our best

not saying he's setting the world on fire, but he is far better than most of our forwards
I agree and i feel sorry he would have to see that!

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
NO way we pay 1200 for my family PER YEAR for memberhips 20 dollars for parking each week $70food and over $1000 for merchanidise. Good on the banner boys the club without us is nothing and we need to voice our opinions. If we dont say anything than they will just keep on rolling out the same crap. We have the best avergae crowds in the NRL, sell the most merchandise the most vocal and PASSIONATE supporters we they cant beat Cronulla or the reserve Grade Canberra side please.... Real supporters stand up when something needs to change and say enough is enough. We dont sit in a corner with our flags saying it will be allright we will get better we demand it. We have the most money and sponsers in the we are financially better than any club and we roll out and lose to a team which should even be in the NRL financially and play with NO HEART or URGENCY they play like moore coaches Clueless, Slow and no energy
Bullsh*t !!!

With that logic, you could justify knifing one of the directors in the carpark ... but there are things you just EXPECT your own fans NOT to do !!

Here's what you do : Stop paying. Stop attending. Stop watching.
DO NOT p*ss in your own backyard.
DO NOT p*ss on the fun other people are STILL having.

This attitude is selfish : The one that says, I spend money so therefore I can do what I want !

Those idiots with that banner DO NOT speak for me ....

Did they sit in the rain at SCG ?
Did they travel to Canberra ?
To Melbourne ? To Brisbane ?
Do they fundraise ?
Do they contribute anything other than hot air and moronic banners ???

These are the fans who do the hard yards AND MORE ... and money has zero to do with it !
I respect those fans more than anyone .... They realised long, long ago that there's solidarity in numbers, and sat through weeks of 50-point drubbings in 2008.

That banner p*sses on everything those "real" fans stand for ...

So take your money, take your attitude ... and anyone else who thinks it's fine to heap sh*t publicly on who we support can just "F*ck right OFF" !

Status
Not open for further replies.