Thank You from the Bulldogs Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
As the NRL season draws to a close, I wanted to say a big thank you on behalf of the board to everyone in the Bulldogs family for your continued support and commitment throughout 2018.

We understand the results are not where we want them to be, but we accept that this is part of the process that will lead to us getting back on track. As a proud club with an enviable record of success, especially since the seventies, seasons like this one are difficult for everyone.

This makes us all the more grateful for your support.

We appreciate our members and fans who continue to buy tickets, merchandise and show their loyalty; our sponsors who continue to stand by the club, our staff who have to back up week after week in some tough conditions; our players who have never once shirked the load, and towards the end of the season delighted us all, both with their play and their attitude; the families of our players and staff who give plenty to help make the Bulldogs strong. Plus, most importantly, we acknowledge our CEO Andrew Hill and Head Coach Dean Pay, who have led from the front, making the hard decisions, lifting morale and bringing the club together.

We are excited about what lies ahead for the Bulldogs. Our SG Ball team were runners up this season, our Flegg and ISP teams are through to the finals, our Tarsha Gale and Harvey Norman Premiership women's teams represented the club with great pride and enthusiasm, whilst our Harold Matthews squad were semi-finalists. These are part of many positive steps that will help lay a strong foundation for sustained success again at our club.

Thanks to everyone for helping to restore respect to the Bulldogs and for supporting us in tough times. We value that more than anything.

Lynne Anderson

Chair – Bulldogs Football Club Board

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Nice to see a board that can be honest about what has happened and trying to fix the situation.

Unlike the previous board who had their heads in the sand trying to pretend everything was ok.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It's a classy move by the new board who've done an amazing job this far and clearly have the club's best interests at heart and not their own egos and reputations.

Dib constantly took the fans for a ride and didn't listen to a thing we were saying while taking us for fools.

Whereas the Anderson's have understood how important it is to involve and respect your fan base, as without your fans you have nothing.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Nice touch from the peeps..!!

Well done again, things just keep improving and there seems to be soo much light at the end of the tunnel after a difficult year.

Sword

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A good day for me and my kids to wear the colours on Jersey day with the promise of better days ahead.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
still remember back in 93 or 94 as a kid going to watch the dogs at was then Bruce Stadium we got done by the raiders although pretty sure we were minor premiers that year....anyway me and my brother had walked around to the dressing rooms and got signatures and the players were heading out to get on the bus, the only signature we didn't have was Chris Andersons he was standing out at the bus and he didn't look at all happy and the raiders fans were giving it to him.

Anyway neither me or my brother wanted to bother him especially with him not in the best mood so we started to walk off only for him to call us over.....faaark we thought what did we do lol
when we got over there he cracked a smile and asked how we were going and said sorry for the result etc and said he had seen us collecting signatures and asked if we wanted anything signed, I had terry lambs book at the time and he signed that and also my junior footy jacket

We said thanks and started to head off and he called us back and said hang on you forgot someone...nah bullshit we thought, got all the players? then he calls Folkesy over (fuck how could we ever have missed Folkesy) he was the trainer at that stage

the thing that stuck with me from that day was that even after a loss and not in the best of moods he still took the time to notice what the fans who came over were doing and also to put his own feelings aside and call us over and be a really great friendly guy and also to notice one of the group in Folkesy had been not been included and to make sure he wasn't missed...………...a lot different to what we got from Hasler, Dib & Castle

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hats off to the board. Communication with your fan base is extremely important, and the previous board acted as though we didn't exist.
Andrew Hill and the whole board seem to be doing all the right things, and slowly but surely we are resembling the club i have spent my whole life cheering for.
Hats off to everyone involved with the club, and well done Dean Pay for getting the group to play for eachother and put some fantastic football on show for us to watch, especially when this season has had so much distraction.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
still remember back in 93 or 94 as a kid going to watch the dogs at was then Bruce Stadium we got done by the raiders although pretty sure we were minor premiers that year....anyway me and my brother had walked around to the dressing rooms and got signatures and the players were heading out to get on the bus, the only signature we didn't have was Chris Andersons he was standing out at the bus and he didn't look at all happy and the raiders fans were giving it to him.

Anyway neither me or my brother wanted to bother him especially with him not in the best mood so we started to walk off only for him to call us over.....faaark we thought what did we do lol
when we got over there he cracked a smile and asked how we were going and said sorry for the result etc and said he had seen us collecting signatures and asked if we wanted anything signed, I had terry lambs book at the time and he signed that and also my junior footy jacket

We said thanks and started to head off and he called us back and said hang on you forgot someone...nah bullshit we thought, got all the players? then he calls Folkesy over (fuck how could we ever have missed Folkesy) he was the trainer at that stage

the thing that stuck with me from that day was that even after a loss and not in the best of moods he still took the time to notice what the fans who came over were doing and also to put his own feelings aside and call us over and be a really great friendly guy and also to notice one of the group in Folkesy had been not been included and to make sure he wasn't missed...………...a lot different to what we got from Hasler, Dib & Castle
Wow, awesome story!
We should all post some of our stories from the past, it'll be great

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Great story mate,it’s what our great club is all about
Nice

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The swamp has been drained and we are on the way to being great again.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I have a great story,firstly we smash the Sharks also to nil.
Then a major force in 2019 and win a title within a couple of years.
How does that sound Mr Whisperer !
That sounds great. Anything is possible.
Remember in 2008 we got the spoon, the following year we finished 2nd on the ladder in regular season and made it to the premilinary final, one game short of the GF.

I smell a similar situation next year.
The dogs have a history of surprising us.

Last edited:

obje

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I'm very surprised just how quick they turned this ship around. Absolutely in gratitude for what they've done.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wasn't it the end of the club when Dib and co were booted out? Those criticising the voting members at the time for making this decision deserve all the humble pie in the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.