Thank You from the Bulldogs Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Can't knock that, the previous muppets said bugger all to us!

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I've got to admit, this board have won me over. At least they are keeping fans informed, and making it feel like it's the fans club once again.

I had my concerns at first, but they seem to be doing all the right things at the moment.

Brighter days ahead!

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
I am astounded that the club has been able to turn things around so quickly. I was getting ready for at least a couple of lean seasons before we even started looking like doing anything but now I am very optimistic for next season and think we may have a side that will be in the 8, and from there who knows. It's like there is a new aura around the club that feels like the dogs of old. I tip my hat to the board, the club and everyone involved that have got this ship back on track and heading towards greater things.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
This is the first time that I can remember that a board of the club has taken the time to clear the air and it is very refreshing. I was very down at the beginning and middle part of the year and thinking seriously about where we were headed. A change is as good as a holiday and the putting aside of the previous board and the moving on of he who shall remain nameless plus excess baggage in players that were surplus to our needs is a big start to getting the club back to where it should be...that as a powerhouse club of the NRL. Also great to see some new blood getting a go something that was pretty short on over the last few years.

jamma01

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think Andrew Hill has been great aswell , unlike Castle who put her stupid head on tv all the time promising the world and delivering nothing

Sauce Head

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It seems the hard decisions are seemingly being made by the board. That’s good to see.

Ultimately, letting players go, using cap space for them to play elsewhere all weakens the club in the short term. Fans, members and sponsors have very little patience. Despite the fact it is their job, the board are putting their neck on the line cause there is always a massive risk that the short term pain is too great and you won’t make it to long term to see it through.

That makes the decisions pretty selfless. When selfless people have run our club we have had the most success.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
still remember back in 93 or 94 as a kid going to watch the dogs at was then Bruce Stadium we got done by the raiders although pretty sure we were minor premiers that year....anyway me and my brother had walked around to the dressing rooms and got signatures and the players were heading out to get on the bus, the only signature we didn't have was Chris Andersons he was standing out at the bus and he didn't look at all happy and the raiders fans were giving it to him.

Anyway neither me or my brother wanted to bother him especially with him not in the best mood so we started to walk off only for him to call us over.....faaark we thought what did we do lol
when we got over there he cracked a smile and asked how we were going and said sorry for the result etc and said he had seen us collecting signatures and asked if we wanted anything signed, I had terry lambs book at the time and he signed that and also my junior footy jacket

We said thanks and started to head off and he called us back and said hang on you forgot someone...nah bullshit we thought, got all the players? then he calls Folkesy over (fuck how could we ever have missed Folkesy) he was the trainer at that stage

the thing that stuck with me from that day was that even after a loss and not in the best of moods he still took the time to notice what the fans who came over were doing and also to put his own feelings aside and call us over and be a really great friendly guy and also to notice one of the group in Folkesy had been not been included and to make sure he wasn't missed...………...a lot different to what we got from Hasler, Dib & Castle
Excellent mate - great memory and story. I had an accident in 1980 and ended up in Dubbo Hospital. Long story, but Anderson found out I was a dogs supporter and rang me at the hospital - during the finals series - to see how I was, George Peponis too. My whole family got a massive lift, and still do really.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Nice to see a board that can be honest about what has happened and trying to fix the situation.

Unlike the previous board who had their heads in the sand trying to pretend everything was ok.
@Mr Invisible
Lol
Still want Dib and the old board haha

Come on mate, surely it’s time for humble pie is it not

Kila R Ralai

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Breathe of fresh air, the new administration really cares for the fans. Hats off to everyone involved.

Kip Drordy

Kennel Established
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
And board member John Khoury has been at all junior finals and grand finals in the last few weeks showing the new admin do care about their juniors. Great work all round from the new board.

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've got to admit, this board have won me over. At least they are keeping fans informed, and making it feel like it's the fans club once again.

I had my concerns at first, but they seem to be doing all the right things at the moment.

Brighter days ahead!
Can,t knock a bloke for admitting he was wrong, not like my wife, only reason why I,m still married after 30 yrs is because she won,t admit she made a mistake in the first place. Well done Mr I always thought the 3 stooges had to go, sorry forgot about the 4th..... Cleal, notice things have been moving quite quickly on the recruitment front since Yuz came back on board.

Status
Not open for further replies.