Text messages reveal curries anguish

Status
Not open for further replies.

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Absolutely the lowest type of journalism. Once again the Telegraph is trying to twist the knife that they've stuck into Todd Greenberg and the Bulldogs club.

But tell me, how do the Murdoch owned papers get private and confidential text messages from peoples phones. However they do it they've turned it into an art form.

Choc

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Can't wait for the EBC photo of Barba to come out now!

KelpiesHuskies

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Absolutely the lowest type of journalism. Once again the Telegraph is trying to twist the knife that they've stuck into Todd Greenberg and the Bulldogs club.

But tell me, how do the Murdoch owned papers get private and confidential text messages from peoples phones. However they do it they've turned it into an art form.
they have got them from someone very close to the action that is for sure.

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The way I see it bulldogs had an obligation to tell broncos about everything, so it's not so in house anymore, during that transition anyone could've seen documents and made it public bulldogs, broncos who knows neither? Bens fault no ours.
Guess who Paul, Phil or Josh? Short of stories for Thursday? Or you really just join in the last week.

Rottie

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Join in what? No I haven't joined in where do I sign up?

Ndawai

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

im pretty sure one of his newspapers are currently being sued for phone tapping celebs in the UK! lol

Matty

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The timing of all of this makes me very suss...they've waited until Brisbane have picked up Barba and then bang. The only reason I can think of the papers sitting on this photo since May is to ensure Barba would actually sign with Brisbane (these papers are mostly owned by news limited who also own Brisbane), and now they are throwing our club under the bus, when really I don't think we have done all that much wrong. By making the articles all sided towards what we have done wrong, it seems like Barba is getting off without much criticism over this from the NRL public, mainly just our club handling of the matter, when I think we've handled it very well in fact.

Here's my point - we come out in Feb and say we've sacked Barba for domestic violence, his partner then claims she was never the victim of domestic violence...Orr sees it as a cash grab and we get sued for defamation and unfair dismissal. We don't do anything and we get accused of sweeping it under the carpet. We take the 50/50 stance by announcing he has issues and has been stood down and sent to rehab, and we still cop it. I can't see any other way we could have handled this situation.

Looking forward to next year when Kas/Tank/Beast can give him a few nightmares for dragging our club through all this when we have done everything to look after and nurture him and clean up our image.

mearsey

panania raised
Reaction score
The timing of all of this makes me very suss...they've waited until Brisbane have picked up Barba and then bang. The only reason I can think of the papers sitting on this photo since May is to ensure Barba would actually sign with Brisbane (these papers are mostly owned by news limited who also own Brisbane), and now they are throwing our club under the bus, when really I don't think we have done all that much wrong. By making the articles all sided towards what we have done wrong, it seems like Barba is getting off without much criticism over this from the NRL public, mainly just our club handling of the matter, when I think we've handled it very well in fact.

Here's my point - we come out in Feb and say we've sacked Barba for domestic violence, his partner then claims she was never the victim of domestic violence...Orr sees it as a cash grab and we get sued for defamation and unfair dismissal. We don't do anything and we get accused of sweeping it under the carpet. We take the 50/50 stance by announcing he has issues and has been stood down and sent to rehab, and we still cop it. I can't see any other way we could have handled this situation.

Looking forward to next year when Kas/Tank/Beast can give him a few nightmares for dragging our club through all this when we have done everything to look after and nurture him and clean up our image.
That dope Orr wouldnt have a leg to stand on if the dogs sacked Benny , he broke the clubs and the nrl's code of conduct , how did the media get hold of the photo and the texts - hang on to them since may and the nrl say they have never seen them ????

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
EBC = epic bender crew = barba's crew where he goes on massive benders.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
lol. im not a reporter.. i have a real job!

Status
Not open for further replies.