WWOS MOLE Terrell May

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Paul Alamoti is another example of hyped junior, doing nothing in grade. Amazing he goes to Penrith, when so many teams struggling for players. No interest by looks of it
He also got just a one year deal at Penrith.
Possible that gets extended sometime in 2024 based on some variables but I say if they truly believed he was a long term prospect the original deal would’ve been longer. Same as Waddell at Manly and I believe if his dad wasn’t coaching fair chance Flanagan doesn’t get a gig anywhere. This is what those criticising the Dogs seem to overlook - that other clubs are hardly pouncing on those we’ve cut. They see it similarly.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Where is it? Gus told us we have heaps of money last season yet we're always being told player X, Y and Z are too expensive to sign. The NRL also requires clubs to spend 95% (I think it's still that much) of their cap. This is why we're signing so many plodders on overs.
In a bank. Waiting to sign someone of quality that isn’t about to fall over like sst. Thanks and move along.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Correct but with roosters creative accounting and that coinciding with Tupou and JWH retiring, they would claim they'd still have enough to get Manu back
Plus, he will then be a "rugby" player, and they will be able to sign him outside of the cap.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
100% agree mate
Sorry seve brothers
Itula seve played 16’s but played a year up in the winning matts team
6’3 SBW like
His brother played ball as a middle
Itula is very down to earth, quietly spoken, as a said a young SBW
Obviously no where as good as he was a immortal but promising signs
Wr also had a few players playing above their age in matts that won
That is very hard to do a year above as you might be aware off
Def have a lot of respect for juniors playing above there age bracket

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What do you mean burton not re signed ?
He is going no where, gus said he is the dog’s greatest ever signing
When Burton's current deal finishes if he hasn't proven himself as a top 6 by then yes he could be let go the same as Gus if we're still in the bottom 4. Anything is possible if we don't improve. Burton's main problem is he needed an "experienced" 7 like SJ to help guide him on the field but we failed to assist him with that education and we're still doing so into the future with guys like Sexton and Hutchison isn't good enough either.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Burton at 800K or more is overs yes for what he's produced so far. He doesn't have a passing game. He doesn't even use his big bombs any more ? He hardly runs either and he doesn't talk on the field to organise according to reports.

I read an interview with Xerri where he said Gus was the first to reach out and there was one other club showed interest but when he met with Gus he convinced him

If the Tigers finish higher than us in 2025 Gus should be paid out and moved on. It's not that difficult to spot and sign talented juniors. I highly doubt Gus is spending a lot of time watching junior games. He'd be relying heavily on recommendations from other scouts.
Same sad sacks twerking for Gus.
Despite your constant need to be right and know it all attitude, i have always respected your input on this forum, but i am sick and tired of your constant death riding and bitching. Along with many others, you have been blocked.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
In a bank. Waiting to sign someone of quality that isn’t about to fall over like sst. Thanks and move along.
So we're not spending 95% of our cap?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Despite your constant need to be right and know it all attitude, i have always respected your input on this forum, but i am sick and tired of your constant death riding and bitching. Along with many others, you have been blocked.
Oh no, what will I do.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
It's 97.5% and it doesn't have to be "spent" before 31st October (when the Salary Cap audit is completed).

Always a Bulldog
Okay, well what did we do with Jackson's money last season then? Sexton? I think my point still stands, we aren't skint but we're not sitting on the pile of cash people think.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Okay, well what did we do with Jackson's money last season then? Sexton? I think my point still stands, we aren't skint but we're not sitting on the pile of cash people think.
Well, for a start the NRL grabbed $200k of it. Then we signed Knight and Sexton in July.

Always a Bulldog

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Well, for a start the NRL grabbed $200k of it. Then we signed Knight and Sexton in July.

Always a Bulldog
Yes, Gus cried about it like he didn't know it was going to happen.