WWOS MOLE Terrell May

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
In the flesh, I can confirm Damon Marshall is a big unit, he’ll only get bigger being so young. I believe the club has high hopes for this man.
I'm not sure i would call him a big unit by today's standards but he possesses a powerful leg drive, strength and ALWAYS finds his front when tackled. Looks to be strong through his core .... built like a wrestler (Olympics) not WWE:grinning:

A standout for QLD in the u/19's origin team despite being younger than most.

A real footballer who in my opinion has little bits of Dean Pay/ Cam Murray to his game ..... Tough as nails, hits hard, can use the ball before the line and has an offload.

Reported to train and prepare for games like a pro .... captained the majority of teams he has played for. I can't believe the QLD teams missed out on him.

Personally, i rate him alongside Woods and KO as our most promising juniors for probably 15 years.

Joash Papalii should probably get a mention as well.

Make no mistake, we won Flegg largely because Marshall, KO and Joash were the best three talents on the field .... likewise for Woods in Mathews cup ... been a long time since we could say that about any Bulldogs team.

At this point i view Marshall as a 13 but depending on growth he could handle the prop position down the track.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'm not sure i would call him a big unit by today's standards but he possesses a powerful leg drive, strength and ALWAYS finds his front when tackled. Looks to be strong through his core .... built like a wrestler (Olympics) not WWE:grinning:

A real footballer who in my opinion has little bits of Dean Pay/ Cam Murray to his game ..... Tough as nails, hits hard, can use the ball before the line and has an offload.

Reported to train and prepare for games like a pro .... captained the majority of teams he has played for. I can't believe the QLD teams missed out on him.

Personally, i rate him alongside Woods and KO as our most promising juniors for probably 15 years.

Make no mistake, we won Flegg largely because Marshall, KO and Joash were the best three talents on the field .... likewise for Woods in Mathews cup ... been a long time since we could say that about any Bulldogs team.

At this point i view Marshall as a 13 but depending on growth he could handle the prop position down the track.
Good info / insights mate. Thanks!

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Very intrigued to see where some of these guys end up position wise, if Burton becomes the player we all hope he can be and holds down the 5/8 spot, I wonder the plan will be with KO and if he'll transition to a ball playing 13, and if that's the case then Marshall will have to become a prop ... interesting times ahead

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very intrigued to see where some of these guys end up position wise, if Burton becomes the player we all hope he can be and holds down the 5/8 spot, I wonder the plan will be with KO and if he'll transition to a ball playing 13, and if that's the case then Marshall will have to become a prop ... interesting times ahead
I think Burton's days at 5/8 are very much up in the air.

As i have mentioned before i expect Hutchison to start the season as 5/8 with Burton in the centers. We have the makings of a really good, potent three-quarter line and they need to see plenty of QUALITY ball, which so far Burton hasn't appeared capable of providing.

My view is that KO is the 5/8 of the future but he obviously has to overcome his recent surgery .... time will tell i guess.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I think Burton's days at 5/8 are very much up in the air.

As i have mentioned before i expect Hutchison to start the season as 5/8 with Burton in the centers. We have the makings of a really good, potent three-quarter line and they need to see plenty of QUALITY ball, which so far Burton hasn't appeared capable of providing.

My view is that KO is the 5/8 of the future but he obviously has to overcome his recent surgery .... time will tell i guess.
1. Woods
6. Karl
7. Conti

Come back to this in 5 years.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Not the tallest bloke but big hips and massive upper/lower body, appears naturally quite powerful too. Youth on his side, one to watch.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
1 Critta
6 KO
7 Woods
13 Marshall

I'll Raise you a Marshall and get back to you in three years.
Na but seriously Gus said Karl isn't a 5/8, we're all wrong according to him lol.

Robbothedestroyer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The young bloke signed from Townsville has some good attributes and could be a fullback contender in a couple of years.

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Na but seriously Gus said Karl isn't a 5/8, we're all wrong according to him lol.
HE will be a 5/8 / lock depending on our needs .....he can EASILY play both positions.

You know Gus talks in riddles to the press, even confuses himself at times.