Technology boom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Theres an entire documentary about a guy who fucks his VW Beetle.

and during the documentary they are at a motel and the guy sneaks out and fucks the producers car (they find jizz near it the next morning and he admits it).
Hey! Stop machinialisty shaming him! Who he fucks and who is attracted to is none of your business and can’t help. It’s just like how you can’t hwlp but be attracted to females. Same physics applies here

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I still can’t eveb comprehend how I can hear someone’s voice through a phone. It’s not like there’s a string connected. Technology is magic.
I’ll lend you my walkie talkie.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Who remembers these failed innovations in technology?

MD (MiniDisc) Player. Their problem is they clashed with the time MP3 Players were getting popular

Google Glass... right... so I want to read information everywhere I turn my head and do my head in? LOL... no. A little something called "downtime."

Zip Disks/Zip Drives. Iomega. A for effort. The Zip disk, the good old "Super Floppy." The main problem with these guys is you needed a floppy drive that corresponds with the floppy disk, ie a 100mb Zip disk requires a 100mb zip drive. A 250mb zip disk requires a 250mb zip drive. They were not reverse-compatible which was very inconvenient (not to mention costly).

3D TV. Surely I do not need to into detail about this one.

HD DVD

Back in late 2002, Toshiba and NEC developed the HD DVD as the high-capacity successor to DVDs. But at the same time, Sony was developing the competing Blu-Ray format in partnership with eight other leading electronics companies.

Sony, which had its own movie studio and extensive media partnerships, also convinced other major studios to launch their films in the Blu-Ray format. The disc war was over by 2008, and companies withdrew their support for HD DVDs. By the end, Toshiba had sunk over $1 billion into the doomed technology.

Last edited:

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Minidisc - agree, they wre short lived.
Google Glass - kinda still being developed, hasn't been killed off completely.
Zip Drives - weren't failed .. they were around for about a decade. The 100/250/750MB cartirdges were backwards compatible. Orb drives were flops though :D
3D TV - Was a wank to begin with. We've got a few 3D titles, but the biggest failing is that unless the TV fills your entire field of vision (or you sit really close) the effect is largely lost. Not a complete fail just a poorly thought out gimmick.
HD DVD - Dumb idea as bluray was better in every single way.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
What about the Nokia Ngage?

I think they created it to compete with gameboy?
It pretty much failed before it took off because Nintendo just not long released the game boy advance I believe?

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Zip Drives - weren't failed .. they were around for about a decade. The 100/250/750MB cartirdges were backwards compatible. Orb drives were flops though :D
3D TV - Was a wank to begin with. We've got a few 3D titles, but the biggest failing is that unless the TV fills your entire field of vision (or you sit really close) the effect is largely lost. Not a complete fail just a poorly thought out gimmick.
Google glass is being used in manufacturing/enterprise now. Shifted focus away from consumer

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
HD DVD v Blu Ray was basically the Betamax v VHS battle 30 years later.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
What about the Nokia Ngage?

I think they created it to compete with gameboy?
It pretty much failed before it took off because Nintendo just not long released the game boy advance I believe?
The idea of turning your phone into a handheld gaming console was LOLable until the iPhones came along and pretty much did just that.

The killing point for the Ngage was that you had to spend money on the cartridges, whereas 90% of apps in the app store and Google Play now are free nowadays PLUS you didn't need to remove/insert cartridges.

download.jpg

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
The idea of turning your phone into a handheld gaming console was LOLable until the iPhones came along and pretty much did just that.

The killing point for the Ngage was that you had to spend money on the cartridges, whereas 90% of apps in the app store and Google Play now are free nowadays PLUS you didn't need to remove/insert cartridges.

View attachment 5807
If Nokia released the ngage in the mid- late 90's it would of been a hot commodity.

Status
Not open for further replies.