News Teams Tips Vs Parramatta Updated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dogzzz of War

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bulldogs have 2 of their back 5 already at Origin level. JAC & Crichton.

I would put my house on Xerri getting to origin level by 2026.

Kiraz and Wilson would actually do the job at origin level if needed.

Papali'i, Clarke and Skelton could easily be in Origin discussions by 2026. And possibly Samrani as well.

Apart from the immediate fullback problem, which could easily be solved by playing Crichton there when he is 100%, the back 5 is not a weakness compared with other sides. Especially with Preston and Kikau out wide.
Bro seriously Wilson do the job at Origin level ? He is a fringe first grader in a bottom 4 side.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yep definitely.

Skelton would be great in getting our sets rolling but I cant see him making the side unless there are injuries
It's a long season, he will probably get a run. But it's now or never really, he is off contract this year.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
I feel like Taafe is being crucified at the moment but I reckon if Tracey was fb in trials we'd be saying we want Taafe not Tracey.

Personally I don't get the hype around Tracey. I feel there is more upside to Taafe.
Taafe has had a couple of games under his belt and should be building, not sure Tracey should be dropped in the deep end.

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This split round sucks balls.

Wish they played this NRL Vegas game on Monday or Tuesday and just held the rest of the fixtures this weekend
Agree that it's a bit annoying, but round 2 would be a nightmare for the teams heading to Vegas if they didn't get enough travel/recovery time.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
If we beat Parra we are back.

If we lose its all doom and gloom.
We need a round 1 win so bad as following fixtures up to round 10 are tough;
Sharks, Titans, Rabbits, Roosters, Melbourne, Knights, Bye, Tigers, Panthers.

We lose to Eels is say we only beat Titans if Fifita still out and Tigers. Coupled with the bye, that would leave us on 6pts after round 10 and tbh with how tight the comp is that's probably curtains. First round win to build confidence never been more important.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I want to see Kikau taking more tough carries for that reason also
Kikau is a fantastic player, but is the icing on the cake kinda guy. Shot down for this in the past but I love edge backrowers like Jayden Sua that always avg over 100m and do some hard stuff for their middles. Kikau looks pretty lean and I don't think he would be able to handle that for us.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Kikau is a fantastic player, but is the icing on the cake kinda guy. Shot down for this in the past but I love edge backrowers like Jayden Sua that always avg over 100m and do some hard stuff for their middles. Kikau looks pretty lean and I don't think he would be able to handle that for us.
Burto used him that sparingly in the trial that he could handle 2-3 tough runs. Worried that whole side will be like Wendall Sailor playing for the wallabies

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yep definitely.

Skelton would be great in getting our sets rolling but I cant see him making the side unless there are injuries
Seriously would be ideal to transition Skelton to a rotational middle. We have wing covered with JAC, Kiraz and Wilson.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Bulldogs have 2 of their back 5 already at Origin level. JAC & Crichton.

I would put my house on Xerri getting to origin level by 2026.

Kiraz and Wilson would actually do the job at origin level if needed.

Papali'i, Clarke and Skelton could easily be in Origin discussions by 2026. And possibly Samrani as well.

Apart from the immediate fullback problem, which could easily be solved by playing Crichton there when he is 100%, the back 5 is not a weakness compared with other sides. Especially with Preston and Kikau out wide.
What are you on? You rate these guys the equivalent of Tedesco, Turbo, Mitchell...all $1m dollar players? Seriously. Wacky tobacky.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
What are you on? You rate these guys the equivalent of Tedesco, Turbo, Mitchell...all $1m dollar players? Seriously. Wacky tobacky.
He’s acting like we have the 1992 Canberra backline haha

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't get the Taafe support around here. He was mediocre for most of his time in a very strong Souths side. I honestly don't believe he would have been signed if Tracey had been made available early.
We know who Taafe is at a FG level and it's a pity we didn't get a chance to see what Wilson looks like at fullback

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Length of the field tries and intercepts aside, he does struggle to make metres
JAC has supposedly added a bit of bulk to his frame and was trying to run over his opposition in the trial and all stars game. Might mean he makes more metres from kick returns.

Status
Not open for further replies.