News Teams Tips Vs Parramatta Updated

Status
Not open for further replies.

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Written by Fox Sports
Team Tips: Cameron Ciraldo has a backline headache on his hands. Connor Tracey and Jacob Kiraz didn’t play a minute of the trials but are expected to start come Round 1. That will see Tracey partner Stephen Crichton in the centres and Kiraz take the place of winger Blake Wilson. After a strong pre-season, Bronson Xerri is unlucky to miss out. Blake Taaffe is set to wear the No.1, while Drew Hutchison will likely win the halfback spot over former Titan Toby Sexton.Josh Curran is a strong chance of playing in the No.13, with Jaeman Salmonplaying as the utility off the bench. Sam Hughes and Kurt Mann also look a strong chance of starting on the bench, leaving one remaining spot. Poasa Faamausili was very impressive in the pre-season trials and will likely win the final bench spot while Kurtis Morrin is also in contention. Ryan Sutton is reportedly still batting a knee injury and won’t be fit to start the season.

Last edited:

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Who the fk wrote this
I like how we have no starting props except King.

Blake Wilson also not getting pushed out of the team for 2 guys that never trialed.

Flip of a coin for right center, pending fitness.

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
If Tracey is starting must be a blow for xerri who i hope kills it in NSW cup. Blake Taffe will get a chance to start round 1. The sheer presence of Critta in centres will be ideal. Wouldn’t surprise me if critta is at fb with change of heart. I would want poasa in for morrin due to having Kurt Mann and salmon in the bench

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Id go with
1. Tracey
2. Kiraz
3. Xerri
4. Critta
5. Foxy
6. Burton
7. Sexton
13. Salmon
12. Presto
11. Kikau
10. King
9. Mahoney
8. Poassa
14. Mann
15. Curran
16. Hughes
17. Knight
did you want me to edit your comment. Freaked out we have salmon as prop lol

Wearnze

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
To those saying sad we only have 1 prop in King. I'd hardly say we had more than 1 prop last year. Pele, TPJ and Thompson were absolutely useless and guys like Poassa, Morrin, Kitione, although not big names, will have similar impact, yet appear to be less injury prone, making them better value.

DFLWatto

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Id go with
1. Tracey
2. Kiraz
3. Xerri
4. Critta
5. Foxy
6. Burton
7. Sexton
13. Salmon
12. Presto
11. Kikau
10. King
9. Mahoney
8. Poassa
14. Mann
15. Curran
16. Hughes
17. Knight
Pretty solid but I'd probably swap Poasa and Hughes because Hughes is way more fit and Poasa coming off the bench to bend the line would be better imo.
Also not a fan of knight, even on the bench but our alternatives are Patolo (awaiting injury news but supposed to be good for rd1) or Kautoga who is still a young bloke and might need more time in reggies, so maybe stuck with him for the time being.

Edit: Morrin could work too, love his energy, but hes not a big body.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
They all worked their arses off in pre-season training, I think if he's done enough to impress CC, it's not too easy for him
Yes but delayed gratification might work better for him, Keep him in reserves and let him dominate NSW cup before he gets a spot in fg.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yes but delayed gratification might work better for him, Keep him in reserves and let him dominate NSW cup before he gets a spot in fg.
He’s arguably been our best player in the trials and if trials are what they are intended to be then I guess he’s earns that right to start in FG from the get go.

I was firmly saying the same thing as you during pre season but reports of him training the house down and nailing tasks then seeing him perform well in trials particularly against Sharks swayed me, I think he will have a very good season

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think it a risk starting Tracey off the back of no pre season I would give him a couple of games in cup to get match fitness back
The lack of reps is concerning for Tracey but fit Tracey is our best 1 option

If he is not good to go I’d consider Wilson at the back but I’m guessing CC will hand it to Taffe

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Tracey is starting must be a blow for xerri who i hope kills it in NSW cup. Blake Taffe will get a chance to start round 1. The sheer presence of Critta in centres will be ideal. Wouldn’t surprise me if critta is at fb with change of heart. I would want poasa in for morrin due to having Kurt Mann and salmon in the bench
If Tracey plays it will be at fullback for Taaffe. I can’t see them picking Tracey anywhere without a run under his belt.

Xerri had done enough to be picked at centre along side Crichton.

Crichton is carrying a quad injury so the likelihood of him picking up the extra workload at fullback. To me seems unlikely.

A fit and firing Kiraz plays wing ahead of Wilson but is he fit? I wouldn’t be rushing him back.

Wearnze

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I feel like Taafe is being crucified at the moment but I reckon if Tracey was fb in trials we'd be saying we want Taafe not Tracey.

Personally I don't get the hype around Tracey. I feel there is more upside to Taafe.

Status
Not open for further replies.