News Team Tips Bulldogs team vs Parramatta

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Both Skelton n Okunbors turning circles would be an issue with Moses short kicking game

Robbothedestroyer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Be great to add some creativity and X factor to our game and give Burton and Mahoney support with more attacking options.
In KO and Skelton, keep Hughes for another impact player off the bench.

kap123

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Starters: Perham, Skelton, Avo, Alamoti, Kiraz, Burton, Flano (I'd love to throw in Karl), King, Mahoney, Sutton, Kiks, Presto, RFM.
Bench: Reynolds, TPJ, Morrin, Okunbor

Dyldog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Doubt they’ll pick Okunbor on the wing, he’s been training in the forwards all year.. hopefully Skelton gets a shot.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Morrin is playing via exemption? If so he probably won’t be able to take the field this week anyway as we’ll have enough for middles available. King, Sutton, Waddell & TPJ & RFM back.

Stinger

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think ciro will go for Burns to replace fox on the wing. Kiks and presto in the back row with rfm locking. Kingi and sutto up front. For the bench I’m expecting Ciro will go for TPJ waddles Oko and grub.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I honestly can't remember Burton putting a player through a hole with a short ball. May as well just line up Kikau with Flanno and leave Preston on the left with Burton.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Both Skelton n Okunbors turning circles would be an issue with Moses short kicking game
Wilson is a flyer and even he got done last week by a grubber... The key will be shutting Moses down not his grubbers. Give the guy no time to put those kicks in unlike the tigers who have absolutely no line speed.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Hopefully Skelton comes onto the wing. He will give dunster hell.
If not maybe Declan Casey we could use his speed

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
I would go

1. Perham
2. Kiraz
3. Averillo
4. Alamotti ( they obviously see him as a centre)
5. Casey ( would prefer B Wilson but not too 30)
6. Burton
7. Flanno ( have games against parra and sharks, I see him potentially getting dropped for rd 9 against dragons. Forwards would have regained some match fitnes)
8. King
9. Mahoney
10. Sutton
11. Preston
12 kicks
13 RFM
14 TPJ
15 Waddell ( earned his spot, been great this year)
16 Hughes or Okonbour
17 I like the idea of Burns as the utiliy. He is 97 Kgs and can play anywhere in back 5, he is also big enough to play second tow/ lock. Also like his aggression this year knows has to play well to get another contract. If play Butns can mean go Hughes over Oko.

Problem with this side may be size as in now too big and missing a dawg to do the dirty work. So could go Topine/ Morrin as the utility however CC doesn't seem to like that. Will be interesting to see how we go this week at almost full strength.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Moses is a confidence player. Crush him early and should see him put in a poor performance.

ChesoBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
TPJ needs to start. He will be raring to go and against Parra, give him the first 15mins to just run riot in the front row.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wilson is a flyer and even he got done last week by a grubber... The key will be shutting Moses down not his grubbers. Give the guy no time to put those kicks in unlike the tigers who have absolutely no line speed.
good point - trust the coaching staff to make the right decisions -

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Skelton vs Sivo would back fire defensively surely
I didn't see Sivo on the weekend, however saw him in a couple of other matches this year & he was running like an absolute bitch with little to no effort & appeared to be avoiding contact as much as possible...In saying that i haven't seen Skelo play this year to see what he would bring to the contest...

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Who will be given that job you reckon?

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Who will be given that job you reckon?
No Idea. They probably wont choose it until the end of the week too.

I know Burns was next cat off the rank as he was always the fill in at training but is he a winger?

The guy that fits the bill is Wilson but he isnt in the 30, Casey is the best fit as he is very versatile and then you have Skelo who is primed but training as a right winger.

Too many variables in this one but my guess is Casey as any other player needs a team reshuffle. Also told Declan he'll be playing NRL by round 5 so he is overdue :p

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think Burns is the safer option.
Agree.

I still have nightmares about Casey under the high ball ..... don't want to see him anywhere near the back three. like him as a center though.

Not sure i want Skelton to make his debut next to another rookie in Alamoti. Also, Skelton has predominately played on the right in reserves. I fear Moses would have a field day.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
No Idea. They probably wont choose it until the end of the week too.

I know Burns was next cat off the rank as he was always the fill in at training but is he a winger?

The guy that fits the bill is Wilson but he isnt in the 30, Casey is the best fit as he is very versatile and then you have Skelo who is primed but training as a right winger.

Too many variables in this one but my guess is Casey as any other player needs a team reshuffle. Also told Declan he'll be playing NRL by round 5 so he is overdue :p
What about the necessity of shuting down Moses? Who will Ciro give that job to? Both our 2ndrowers? ....or whoever he avoids running near, the other gets him? :grinning: