Team Selection Chat

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
After the trials and week 1. The only real changes I'd like to see is Taafe out of the team. Unsure of who of whom to come in to fill that role. Connor maybe. Kiraz replaced by Xerri. Kirza is as good as he will ever be. Xerri runs harder and seems to have loads to prove. Kiraz also doesn't want to play wing while I think Xerri would just be happy to play wherever he can get into first grade. Plus Xerri has pace, half the forward pack are faster than Kiraz. Sexton into halfback as he seems to be able to play the halfback role that is required.

Geoff Chambers

Kennel Established
Reaction score
My main reason for thinking poorly of Cc is his last tackle options? I think he likes being up in the box and seeing how high Burton can kick the ball. He's got no idea that's important to turn a team around. Kick long, even kick early if possible but far out get it down the other end for once lol.

Sent from my iPhone using The Kennel mobile app

Bullfrog2

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
After the trials and week 1. The only real changes I'd like to see is Taafe out of the team. Unsure of who of whom to come in to fill that role. Connor maybe. Kiraz replaced by Xerri. Kirza is as good as he will ever be. Xerri runs harder and seems to have loads to prove. Kiraz also doesn't want to play wing while I think Xerri would just be happy to play wherever he can get into first grade. Plus Xerri has pace, half the forward pack are faster than Kiraz. Sexton into halfback as he seems to be able to play the halfback role that is required.
I would like to see 2 ball players at half and 5/8. We don’t have 1 x good enough organiser/ball playing half so we need 2 to balance the team out and create attacking opportunities. Until we either get a superstar half or resort to 2 creative half’s we will never be a serious team.

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
I would like to see 2 ball players at half and 5/8. We don’t have 1 x good enough organiser/ball playing half so we need 2 to balance the team out and create attacking opportunities. Until we either get a superstar half or resort to 2 creative half’s we will never be a serious team.
We just need the halves playing to there strengths. Burton just needs to run first. Whomever plays halfback needs to control the team 90% of the time. This then puts Burton further out so he can run onto the ball more. See look at last years top 4 teams. All have a half controlling the team, 5/8th just dives in as required.

Bullfrog2

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We just need the halves playing to there strengths. Burton just needs to run first. Whomever plays halfback needs to control the team 90% of the time. This then puts Burton further out so he can run onto the ball more. See look at last years top 4 teams. All have a half controlling the team, 5/8th just dives in as required.
Yup
Adam reynolds
Nathan clearly
Jerome Hughes
Superstar halfbacks that can run a team on their own. We don’t have one!
Also in the grand final Penrith hit there straps when Jack Cogger came on the field, he created opportunity!
Burton is only useful at 5/8 with a superstar half who can run the team on their own. In our team it’s a waste of time playing him in that position.
A lot of people here want to see him back in the centres. Me personally fullback for him let him be free and run the ball!

Last edited:

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The fish are very beatable this week.
Got a good feeling it's going to be something like a 36-10 victory. Complete sets, long kicks to turn their big guys around and tire them out.
Won't happen with the last tackle mid field bomb game plan though.

Sent from my iPhone using The Kennel mobile app
Anything is possible.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yup
Adam reynolds
Nathan clearly
Jerome Hughes
Superstar halfbacks that can run a team on their own. We don’t have one!
Also in the grand final Penrith hit there straps when Jack Cogger came on the field, he created opportunity!
Burton is only useful at 5/8 with a superstar half who can run the team on their own. In our team it’s a waste of time playing him in that position.
A lot of people here want to see him back in the centres. Me personally fullback for him let him be free and run the ball!
We should have gone harder for Mitchell Moses…he is the controlling half we needed but we hopefully have the half we need in Mitch woods in 3 years time ehen he is hopefully ready

Bullfrog2

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We should have gone harder for Mitchell Moses…he is the controlling half we needed but we hopefully have the half we need in Mitch woods in 3 years time ehen he is hopefully ready
Yes we should have went harder for Mitchell Moses the first time around! Unfortunately Des Hasler or someone at the club did not rate him!
We ended up with Aron Woods instead.
We are in a mess.
While we are waiting for Mitch Woods we need to balance the team FFS.
2 ball playing half’s.
A bigger back 5 to make up for a smaller pack.
Burton kiraz Xerri Crichton Skelton back 5.
Starting haves Hutchison Sexton to start with.
Tracey on the bench.
Taaffe to reserves as a half to bite is time.
Burton can run the ball all day at fullback.
Crichton some attacking kicking inside the 20 on the last, his attacking kicks are far superior than anyone else we need repeat sets. No fxxking bombs.
No fxxking hit ups in the attacking 30 it’s side to side movement asking questions. If forwards want to hit up do it coming out of trouble FFS.
Simple game plans but effective. FFS CC play the ball that we are facing
Steve Waugh did not play a drive while facing a bouncer.
Play the cards we have correctly FFS!
I’ve seen enough!

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Ciraldo will wait until round 10.

If he does it earlier it will mean he has learnt from last season and is proactive.

stevesonthebay

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Watching the start of the Panthers and Parra game it seems Parra is on the rise and the Panthers on the decline..

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Burton had some decent runs tonight. He needs an actual 7 on snide him. Hutchinson was a comedy of errors. Mr Bean in a Bulldogs jersey.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Surely Sexton comes in.. Hes a certian improvement on Hutch..

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Too many structural issues.

Backline needs work. Xerri, Tracey and Fox need to be in the back line. Crichton has to be fullback. Don’t know who fills the last spot.

Hutch needs to go.

reed to the bench. Kurt Mann to start.

Too many soft props.

curran has to start.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Give Taafe one more chance to stay in f/g and put him in at 7.

Ciro wiĺl persist with Burton at 6. This combo played junior reps together.

Tracey or Wilson to f/b. Prefer Wilson, another fav who won't be dropped.

Find out on Tuesday what CC has planned :grinning: